Author Topic: What happened to Dirk?  (Read 463 times)

wcsoldier

Re: What happened to Dirk?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:20:06 AM »
Good news for GS. They play them twice within 2 weeks. With no Dirk around, it'll be easy for GS to take over the seventh spot.

i hope so. also i dont see the lakers holding on to the 1st seed. i wouldn't mind playing them in the 1st round i think we match up really well against them and can recreate last seasons playoffs UPSET against the mavs
LOL ... Gasol and Bynum are no Turiaf (I still like his game though) , they would destroy your non existent inside game .. Lakers won like 14 of the latest 16 against GS

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 01:31:30 AM »
Good news for GS. They play them twice within 2 weeks. With no Dirk around, it'll be easy for GS to take over the seventh spot.

i hope so. also i dont see the lakers holding on to the 1st seed. i wouldn't mind playing them in the 1st round i think we match up really well against them and can recreate last seasons playoffs UPSET against the mavs
LOL ... Gasol and Bynum are no Turiaf (I still like his game though) , they would destroy your non existent inside game .. Lakers won like 14 of the latest 16 against GS
The past is largely irrelevent. Both teams have improved from the start of those last 16 games, but by different levels..Back when that first started, the W's were a bottom-feeding team, and last year they barely squeaked into the playoffs, where they are 2-1 against the Lakers. The Lakers have gotten better, but they have been a playoff team this whole time. Basically, those games 3 years ago when the Warriors starting line-up contained none of the players they currently start don't predict how they match-up now. Also, how positive are you that Bynum and Gasol will be back ready for the playoffs?
I got a bird's eye view

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 01:46:18 AM »

The past is largely irrelevent. Both teams have improved from the start of those last 16 games, but by different levels..Back when that first started, the W's were a bottom-feeding team, and last year they barely squeaked into the playoffs, where they are 2-1 against the Lakers. The Lakers have gotten better, but they have been a playoff team this whole time. Basically, those games 3 years ago when the Warriors starting line-up contained none of the players they currently start don't predict how they match-up now. Also, how positive are you that Bynum and Gasol will be back ready for the playoffs?
Gasol is about to come back at the end of the week .. Bynum will be ready for the playoffs too .. don't get me wrong I like GS , that's a very fun team to watch and props to them for the W tonight .. BUT saying they match up very well with the Lakers and can beat them in a 7 games series is going WAY too far imo ..

dubscheisty

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 04:27:43 AM »
He should've been at that damn three point line. See fuckin' around tryin' to play D hope you learn son

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
I'm convinced that Nowitzki overachieved last year.

he peaked, but he didn't over achieve.

He's a great player, but not an MVP caliber player...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »

they were 67-15 and he was scoting like 26 points a game for them and getting atleast 8 or 9 boards.

Dirk deserved the MVP
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »

they were 67-15 and he was scoting like 26 points a game for them and getting atleast 8 or 9 boards.

Dirk deserved the MVP

Don't get me wrong, Dirk played like an MVP caliber player last season...but that's why I said he OVERACHIEVED.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 05:32:48 PM »

Dirk deserved the MVP

Don't get me wrong, Dirk played like an MVP caliber player last season...but that's why I said he OVERACHIEVED.

Dirk has been an elite player for quite some time in my opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3252/career;_ylt=AqeftNNOQBRZT.QB3saKd9KkvLYF

he's a constant 20+ pound 8 board and 2-3 assist preformer year in year out.  he put Dallas on the map and it's a shame their window is closing. 

I think reached his ceiling last year and is now going to come down, hopefully slowly because he's fun to watch.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
^Which means he overrachieved, considering he was only an MVP caliber player for 1 season.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 05:45:31 PM »
^Which means he overrachieved, considering he was only an MVP caliber player for 1 season.

2 imo

05-06 and 06-07

MVP caliber means top 5 player to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »

2 imo

05-06 and 06-07

MVP caliber player is someone who has a shot at winning the trophy...Dirk had no shot in '06.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »

2 imo

05-06 and 06-07

MVP caliber player is someone who has a shot at winning the trophy...Dirk had no shot in '06.

so you admit Kobe was not MVP callibor the last 3 years? ;)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »
Nowitzki blocked a shot? Lol ok fine, don't tell me the truth.

Anyone else?

LMAO!!!

You're a funny fuck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »

2 imo

05-06 and 06-07

so you admit Kobe was not MVP callibor the last 3 years? ;)

Kobe's been an MVP caliber player since the start of this century...the dudes who vote for it don't want him to get it, though.