Author Topic: Boxing: Great Saturday for Boxing Fans (Good matches)  (Read 142 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Boxing: Great Saturday for Boxing Fans (Good matches)
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:24:10 AM »
Another insatllment of HBO VS. Showtime Championship Boxing.
Both rival networks will bee puting up boxing cards on the same night again.

HBO has....
"The Ghost" Kelly Pavlik Vs. "The Rocket Man" Gary Lockett WBC/WBO Middleweight Title
Daniel Ponce De Leon Vs. Juan Manuel Lopez (Mexico Vs. Puerto Rico) WBO Super Bantamweight Title

Showtime has....
"The Viper" Vernon Forrest Vs. "The Latin Snake" Sergio Mora WBC Jr. Middleweight Title
"The Punisher" Paul Williams Vs. "Indio" Carlos Quintana II WBO Welterweight Title

Great Championship fight's, I'll prob watch the De Leon match, then switch to showtime and catch what I can of those matches...
I'm not too worried about Kelly Pavlik, on paper he has the easiest night of them all, Then Forrest.
The rematch between Williams/Quintana should be the fight of the night!.

Overall I say "Showtime" should have the better quality (Tho De Leon/Lopez should be a war)
BUt HBO bring's out The Ghost which is always must see....I fucken hate dual fight's on the same night! FUCKERS!!

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Boxing: Great Saturday for Boxing Fans (Good matches)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:49:03 AM »
so whats the deal on these networks? Do they buy the rights to the fighters or did the just opt for a specific fight?

[img]

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:10:05 AM »
so whats the deal on these networks? Do they buy the rights to the fighters or did the just opt for a specific fight?
Yeah, I belive some have exclusive "network" only contract's while other's pretty much fight where their promoter's place them.
but the majority of Star fighter's will mostly only fight on their "network".
tho the they will fight eachother if the fight is deemed so, but just like everything in the fight biz there will always be someone in the wing's
trying to fuck up all the best possible matchup's cause of Money. (The promoter)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
I would watch the Segio Mora fight if I had the chance..and if UFC wasnt havin their PPV this weekend..but I cant even watch that cuz im working all day..

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
Yeah, I belive some have exclusive "network" only contract's while other's pretty much fight where their promoter's place them.
tho the they will fight eachother if the fight is deemed so, but just like everything in the fight biz there will always be someone in the wing's
trying to fuck up all the best possible matchup's cause of Money. (The promoter)

I hate that shit too. Have you ever noticed that (for example) when an HBO boxer is fighting on an HBO Fightcard....the announcers are FAR more biased towards that fighter. Also, between rounds they mostly just show highlights of that fighters punches. It really makes an uneducated fight fan watching at home think that one fighter is dominating a fight that might actually be close.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:54:23 PM »

I hate that shit too. Have you ever noticed that (for example) when an HBO boxer is fighting on an HBO Fightcard....the announcers are FAR more biased towards that fighter. Also, between rounds they mostly just show highlights of that fighters punches. It really makes an uneducated fight fan watching at home think that one fighter is dominating a fight that might actually be close.

no doubt, sad but true.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:23:44 AM »
I had this night picked all wrong...lol
1/4 tonight bro's. (Not a good sign)

Pavlik came thru, but De Leon got KTFO, Quintana got KTFO
And Sergio Mora pulled a huge upset over Vernon Forrest (I would have bet my life on Forrest)
(Pretty much anyone who has ever seen either Mora or Forrest before thought Vernon had this one....)

not so, Mora came up.
I gotta give him his due.
(Tho he made me lose $)

Great fight night overall....Unless you are a betting man.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:30:58 AM by Hatesrats™ »