Author Topic: Bynum coming back real soon?  (Read 2569 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bynum coming back real soon?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »
I admit and despise how good the Lakers could be from 2009-13, but they will never have a championship banner that says 2008. Odom will miss FTs late in the 4th quarter, there is no way I'm even going to debate this with you.. it's that obvious. I'm shocked that you don't admit to his lack of mental strenght. He will probably also laugh while missing the 1st FT of 2 because he's that  insecure. The Spurs are obviously past their prime but still capable enough to down the Lakers in a 7-game-series. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. We will both watch and see soon enough. To be honest, I bet you know I'm right also. You just don't want to jinx your team.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »
I admit and despise how good the Lakers could be from 2009-13, but they will never have a championship banner that says 2008. Odom will miss FTs late in the 4th quarter, there is no way I'm even going to debate this with you.. it's that obvious. I'm shocked that you don't admit to his lack of mental strenght. He will probably also laugh while missing the 1st FT of 2 because he's that  insecure. The Spurs are obviously past their prime but still capable enough to down the Lakers in a 7-game-series. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. We will both watch and see soon enough. To be honest, I bet you know I'm right also. You just don't want to jinx your team.

Yea, you're soooo right, the Lakers suck, no chance they can compete...The Spurs are unquestionably better! Odom is weak and he's a liability! LMAO.

Come on, man. You only WISH Odom was Shaq and the Lakers weren't contenders...YOU know the real. Mavs=the past. Spurs=the past. Lakers=the now...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »
Never did I say they can't compete. Everybody in the WC playoffs can compete this year. But the Spurs are that kind of team you REALLY have to outplay to beat in 7 games. When you are just a little better, the Spurs are going to win the series. The Lakers can hope for horribly officiated games in their favor, though. I mean, how much better would Lakers - Celtics be for the NBA, compared to the more likely scenario of Spurs - Pistons?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
Never did I say they can't compete. Everybody in the WC playoffs can compete this year. But the Spurs are that kind of team you REALLY have to outplay to beat in 7 games. When you are just a little better, the Spurs are going to win the series. The Lakers can hope for horribly officiated games in their favor, though. I mean, how much better would Lakers - Celtics be for the NBA, compared to the more likely scenario of Spurs - Pistons?

Sorry, but the Spurs aren't as good this year as you're making it seem...we can beat them even without Bynum and Ariza back. As for officiating, it's hard to imaging that going in the Lakers favor when we have Kobe on our team...PeaCe

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »
No ring for Kobe this year, sorry.

who's gunna beat the Lakers when Bynum returns?

I think you are overrating Bynum's return. You act like he's a veteran coming back from an ankle sprain. When the facts are that he's young as fuck and coming off a knee injury and has yet to play a basketball game with Gasol in his life. Also, Lamar Odom is proven to be a faggot in the clutch, always missing FTs and all. Don't forget that Fisher is injured and has even been in a slump before that. Do you really think Farmar isn't too young to hold his own in a Game 7 against the Spurs, when Parker is making him work on the defensive end like no other while Bowen is doing nasty things to him? Next year it will be better, but right now it is quite absurd to act as if the Lakers were an untouchable playoff team... sorry.

I like their chances. You're right, Spurs are the team to beat in the West (experience, defence, Duncan, Parker, Manu, Horry, Popovic.. everything looks perfect: they are old, but they are like AC Milan in football, they know how to win), but imho Lakers have the best roster in the entire league, so everything can happen. They can win the title this year or the next, but it looks like Kobe will def win another ring or two till he retires. It's up to him now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:48:46 AM by 831 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »
Bynum could be back by this weekend!

Phil Jackson had an interview with John Ireland in which he was asked: Will Bynum and/or Ariza play this weekend? Phil on Bynum: "I'm not gonna rule that out". Ariza - no, Bynum - perhaps". These are the exact words that he used.

http://cbs2.com/sports/lakers.andrew.bynum.2.695274.html

:o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

tempo2

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »
i think the lakers are a great team and will no doubt compete but the thing that annoys non laker fans is the fact you dont admit the other "challenges" are great teams too. thats the thing thats hard to stomach.

wcsoldier

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
There is a rumor on Clublakers posted by a moderator : Bynum out another 6 weeks ...  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
There is a rumor on Clublakers posted by a moderator : Bynum out another 6 weeks ...  :-X

chyeaaa right!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
i think the lakers are a great team and will no doubt compete but the thing that annoys non laker fans is the fact you dont admit the other "challenges" are great teams too. thats the thing thats hard to stomach.
Well sorry if few other teams don't have the swag to take the Lakers in 7 games. Outside of San Antonio, Boston, and Detroit, who is there?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »

but bynum is better than kareem, wilt and shaq combined

they should sweep through the playoffs!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Well sorry if few other teams don't have the swag to take the Lakers in 7 games. Outside of San Antonio, Boston, and Detroit, who is there?

SA, Boston, Detroit, Utah, New Orleans

these teams can fuck with anybody.

the Suns vs the Lakers would be interesting, I'll pick the Lakers if the teams meet BUT the suns wouldn't surprise me if they won.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »

You sound like an unfunny idiot.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »

You sound like an unfunny idiot.

very nice coming from a "moderator"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 09:54:06 PM »
What does that have to do with how you sound?