Author Topic: HI-FIVE ft. PRODIGY - Too Young (AUDIO) Prodigy's 1st Song  (Read 149 times)

MOON KNIGHT

According to Prodigy's Blog on hnic2.com ...................

Whats the word my geez, just in case you didn't know MY STORY is a ill one. I was born in HEMPSTEAD L.I. and lived out there up until like age 10. Where i grew up at iN L.I. there were alot of GODS and EARTHS, if you don't know those are 5% er's and Muslims who study and memorize the 120 lessons. (peace god, whats today's mathematics?) and all that shit. Every reall hood in L.I. or NY for that matter know what i'm talking bout. I started rapping at the age of 12 when i heard the RUN DMC song "sucka mc's" and that LL COOL J shit "rock the bells".

After i heard those two songs my life was changed forever. i used to say those lyrics to my mom's and act like i wrote it until one day i got tired of lying and decided to really try to write my own shit. it was around 1986-87 and my mom's and i were living in Lefrak City queens. my moms had just started letting me stay outside after the street lights went off wich was the wrong thing to do in lefrak cause the whole hood sold drugs. it was 1988 when me and my friends started selling crack and doing all the grimey shit. by the end of that year the cops had caught me making direct sales one too many times and Lefrak City tried to kick me and my mom's out our apartment. My mom's worked for the NYC Housing Authority for several years so she smoothed it all out. But she was so mad and scared for me that she found a new apartment in Jersey City.

She made the right decision to move because i would have just got into more and more trouble in Lefrak. Right before we moved, i got enrolled into the High School of Art and Design on 57th street in Manhattan and at that same time i had put together a 4 song demo tape and started shopping around for a record deal. Before my mom's worked for housing, she was in a doo-wop group called "THE CRYSTALS" and on the low my mom's and her group had some hit records back then. Shit like "THE DOO RUN-RUN", "ROCKIN ROBIN" and alot more. She was on tour with Diana Ross and the Supremes and all that, so mom's knew the music industry pretty well. She was actually my manager when i started shopping my demo and i found a deal over at JIVE RECORDS.

JIVE gave me a demo deal wich means they paid for my studio time and if i made some good enough songs they would have signed me to a real recording contract. I started hanging out at the JIVE office alot back then and i got cool with a few of the ladies that worked there. One of those ladies i got cool with gave my the ultimate plug in and hooked me up with this R&B group named HIGH FIVE. They had a real popular song called "The Kissing Game" and they were working on a song for the BOYZ N' THE HOOD movie soundtrack and needed a rapper to do 2 verses on the track. It was perfect timing. I wrote 2 quick verses and the next thing you know i'm on the soundtrack, the song is called "TOO YOUNG" HIGH FIVE featuring ME.... i was gassed the fucc up after that. Right after i recorded that song, probably the very next day is when i first met HAVOC.

HI-FIVE ft. PRODIGY - Too Young   http://www.zshare.net/audio/998523148a32a6/           

AnybodyKilla

Re: HI-FIVE ft. PRODIGY - Too Young (AUDIO) Prodigy's 1st Song
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:41:14 AM »
Wack shit!!!