Author Topic: WHOS more VALUABLE to MUSIC SNOOP DOGG OR P DIDDY  (Read 280 times)

h2k4

Re: WHOS more VALUABLE to MUSIC SNOOP DOGG OR P DIDDY
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 08:11:13 PM »
In terms of music as a whole (rapping, exec. producing, bringing in new talent, etc...), I'd say Diddy.  Snoop gives his posse shine on an independent level where as Diddy gives his whole roster shine globally.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
one thing Diddy has over Snoop is that he is a marketing genius, I think if Snoop were on Bad Boy instead you would see difference in single choices and sales numbers

You make a good point here.  Would be interesting to see how Snoop's career would have been if he joined Bad Boy say after he left No Limit or something.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »
Snoop at onetime did write his own raps, nowadays he just lazy and high as fuck.

Anyways, Snoop, he'll be remembered in 20 years for his impact, Doggystyle, Murder Was the Case, Pimp Slap, where as Puffy will be remembered for dancing next to BIG.

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Snoop at onetime did write his own raps, nowadays he just lazy and high as fuck.

Anyways, Snoop, he'll be remembered in 20 years for his impact, Doggystyle, Murder Was the Case, Pimp Slap, where as Puffy will be remembered for dancing next to BIG.
AND TALKING IN THE BACKGROUND
[

StevenQBosell

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
one thing Diddy has over Snoop is that he is a marketing genius, I think if Snoop were on Bad Boy instead you would see difference in single choices and sales numbers

You make a good point here.  Would be interesting to see how Snoop's career would have been if he joined Bad Boy say after he left No Limit or something.

Great point

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen in 5 years or so...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:24:22 PM by StevenQBosell »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

Is Diddy a marketing genius??? Biggie was dope as hell, all you had to do was give him dope beats and let him do his thing, and Diddy almost managed to fuck that up by trying to give him corny singles. Then Diddy rode off the back of Biggies success for a while, introduced us to Mase (thanks Diddy), jacked some hugely famous songs (is that what you mean by marketing genius, because that just seems like wackness to me) and hasn't had any successful MCs or hip-hop albums since then

So apart from Biggie, who was awesome and should have had success anywhere, what exactly did Diddy do for anyone?