Author Topic: Royals finally do spend money.. And Guillen's a BUST  (Read 270 times)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
Re: Royals finally do spend money.. And Guillen's a BUST
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »
Like Anton said, it's way too early to call someone a bust.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 11:36:58 AM »
If he will be a bust or not is irrelevant, the Royals shouldn't be spending money on players like Guillen.  Check out what the Phillies did last year.  After dumbass Ned Colletti released Jayson Werth for no fucking reason, the Phillies picked him up for 850k only!  What kind of year did Jayson Werth have?  298/404/459 in about 300 Plate Appearances. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
Its so early in the season, you can't call anyone a bust yet. Some players just start off slow. Example: Mark Teixeira

I hope your right...

you know any other guys making Guillens money that only have 5 hits so far this year and have played every game?

Andruw Jones is making a lot more money and doing even less lol.

But Andrew Jones only hit .230 last year and they pay him because he's got a gold glove.

The Royals have the second best batting average in the AL yet near the worst in run because they don't hit for power... Guillen was supposed to be the solution... so far no homers.

we got tubbby cause he was supposed to add some power to our line up..last year our TOP guy hit 20HR. we were hoping that jones would hit bout 30 + this year for us..so far it aint lookin too good.  he has struck out like 16 times in 40AB, only hitting .100 (4H/40AB), on pace for 200+ SO and posting fucked up OBP of .217...an outfield of Pierre-Kemp-Ethier is looking AMAZING right about now.

thank goodness we only signed him to a 2 year contract. 

BUT, its only the 3rd week...still A LOT of innings to be played, so who knows, shit can always turn around. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:43:02 PM by Wykid »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »
Its so early in the season, you can't call anyone a bust yet. Some players just start off slow. Example: Mark Teixeira

I hope your right...

you know any other guys making Guillens money that only have 5 hits so far this year and have played every game?

Andruw Jones is making a lot more money and doing even less lol.

The Royals have the second best batting average in the AL yet near the worst in run because they don't hit for power... Guillen was supposed to be the solution... so far no homers.

The Royals OBP isn't good either.  It's a combination of OBP and SLG that will create the most runs. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:47 PM »
u all must be some really serious fans to have any clue about the royals because they are a small market team that gets zero media attention
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »
u all must be some really serious fans to have any clue about the royals because they are a small market team that gets zero media attention

alex gordan is going to be a beast regardless of his uni
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
and above it was asked what Guillens making....

Off the top of my head I think he's making 38 million over 3 years.

What I do know for sure is that he is getting paid more than all the other hitters in the Royals lineup COMBINED!   

The only other guy making big money with the Royals is our free agent pickup from last year, Gil Mesh.  Yet... Mesh aint lookin great so far either.... he's getting shown up by Brian Bannister and Zack Grienke.  By the way, I heard that Peter Gammons mentioned Grienke as being a potential Cy Young.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:01:06 PM by Abd. Infinite presents... Real Hip-Hop »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »

if u think gordon is good you should get to know Billy Butler.  He has gotten a hit in every game so far this year!

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »

Off the top of my head I think he's making 38 million over 3 years.

Thats hardly anything compared to what a lot of players are making (meaning, players that are underperforming in comparison to their contract).

I mean fuck, Andruw fucking Jones is getting 36 million over 2 years, and hes hardly worth the paper the contract was printed on.

Its just simply too early in the season to judge any players performance. wait another month and a half before you start calling anyone a bust.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 01:39:46 AM »

Of course man, baseball fans are dedicated to the entire league. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 07:36:26 AM »

if u think gordon is good you should get to know Billy Butler.  He has gotten a hit in every game so far this year!

and my nigga John Buck, he's straight gangsta

18 HRs in 350 AB's last year
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
  By the way, I heard that Peter Gammons mentioned Grienke as being a potential Cy Young.

at one point Grienke was a highly touted prospect who quite a few thought would develop into a ace but he suffers from depression.  He always had the stuff but it was a question if he could keep his mind right.  Hopefully he finally has.