Author Topic: Royals back in first place....  (Read 93 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Royals back in first place....
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
 8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Royals back in first place....
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:59:33 PM »
Man, these threads are unnecessary lol. It isn't eve na month into the season yet. Don't worry though, the Royals will fade back into oblivion soon enough just like you're used to.  :)

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »
Man, these threads are unnecessary lol. It isn't eve na month into the season yet. Don't worry though, the Royals will fade back into oblivion soon enough just like you're used to.  :)

That's why I have to make all the threads I can, now.  Come on man... I know its early, but let me atleast enjoy this a little while it lasts... we've been the worst team in baseball for a decade.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »

That's why I have to make all the threads I can, now.  Come on man... I know its early, but let me atleast enjoy this a little while it lasts... we've been the worst team in baseball for a decade.

Just as long as you don't really believe it will lead to anything  :)   

I'm just messing with you. Its good to see the Royals doing something worth talking about. Its sad to see teams like the Royals, who have so much history in the league, be run into the ground by greedy owners/horrible GMs.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »

I'm just messing with you. Its good to see the Royals doing something worth talking about. Its sad to see teams like the Royals, who have so much history in the league, be run into the ground by greedy owners/horrible GMs.

I don't think Royals GM's/Owners are to blame for the Royals being so dismal.  Baseball has no market sharing, salary cap, and other such systems like football and basketball that even the playing field.  Look at football, the Chiefs are always a competitive team financially, and it doesn't matter that they are in a small market.  But when it comes to baseball we are always playing teams with double and triple the spending power. 

Still.. Royals owners and GM's are partly to blame.  The Royals had Ewing Kaufman as an owner during the 70's and 80's when they were good.  He died in the 90's and one of the owners of Wall-Mart took over (David Glass) and Royals have sucked ever since and haven't spent any money. 

Well, before last season they picked up a great general manager from Atlanta's system named Dayton Moore.  He gives us our best chance to do anything.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »

I don't think Royals GM's/Owners are to blame for the Royals being so dismal.  Baseball has no market sharing, salary cap, and other such systems like football and basketball that even the playing field.  Look at football, the Chiefs are always a competitive team financially, and it doesn't matter that they are in a small market.  But when it comes to baseball we are always playing teams with double and triple the spending power. 

Still.. Royals owners and GM's are partly to blame.  The Royals had Ewing Kaufman as an owner during the 70's and 80's when they were good.  He died in the 90's and one of the owners of Wall-Mart took over (David Glass) and Royals have sucked ever since and haven't spent any money. 

Well, before last season they picked up a great general manager from Atlanta's system named Dayton Moore.  He gives us our best chance to do anything.

Actually before you guys drafted Alex Gordan it was known in baseball you guys didn't draft the best available players b/c you didn't want to pay any signing bonuses.  So you drafted guys that really weren't anything special in hopes to turn a turd into a diamond.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

Actually before you guys drafted Alex Gordan it was known in baseball you guys didn't draft the best available players b/c you didn't want to pay any signing bonuses.  So you drafted guys that really weren't anything special in hopes to turn a turd into a diamond.

how big of cheapasses can you be to purposelly draft lesser players cause your afraid of signing bonuses?  that's pretty pathetic...

I didn't think guys were signing that big of deals out of the draft in baseball because its not like football and basketball where they play right away.