Author Topic: Slept-On albums  (Read 199 times)

Lazar

Slept-On albums
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
I think the thread title says it all. I start with Xzibitīs "Full CIrcle". I was actually always been one of the few who really liked this album, becuase itīs more that grown man shit. But on the other hand, I never was really much in it, donīt know really why lol. Since yesterday I have the album in heavy rotation and I love it  8)

So, what are your slept-on albums?

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Slept-On albums
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »
I think the thread title says it all. I start with Xzibitīs "Full CIrcle". I was actually always been one of the few who really liked this album, becuase itīs more that grown man shit. But on the other hand, I never was really much in it, donīt know really why lol. Since yesterday I have the album in heavy rotation and I love it  8)

So, what are your slept-on albums?

Full Circle is a bit slept on yea ..the problem with this record is that there are some real garbage songs (on bail ...) or songs that could've been done a lot better (black and brown). I don't like it when X has that quiet talk voice like on black&brown ..it's completely boring.

anyway as for slept on albums:

warren g - in the mid nite hour

danger mouse & jemini - ghetto pop life

hittman - the hittmanic verses
(this pretty much is a continuation of dre's 2001 but no one really seems to care...)

all blackalicious albums

the last emperor - music magic myth / the great pretender

JAZ

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »
the gossip - standing in the way of control

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
are we talking about slept on albums from artist that are generally not slept on or just slept on albums?cause I can go on and on about slept on albums, but the list will be pretty narrowed down

tribe called quest - beats, rhymes and life - everybody talks about their first 3 albums, and this usually falls under the radar.It's a great album, not really better than their 1st 3 in any way (well if you ask ME I prefer it over their 1st one, which is REALLY good too)

above the law - Vocally Pimpin' EP - great EP, and slept on because of their first 3 albums (which are from solid to great)

big daddy kane - looks like a job for... - for the same reasons as the above, kinda gets overshadowed by his first 2

DJ Quik - Quik Is The Name - I feel it's not appreciated as much as it should be, cause when somebody mentions QUik, they start talkin' from Balance & Options after

I can probably put LL's G.O.A.T. album, he was pretty good for a big part of the album (probably his last truly good performance)

Paris' first 3 LP's are SOLID efforts with lots of great tracks

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »
I would even go as far as to call LL's DEFinition slept on because of some not-so-good-r&b tracks ..but those timbaland joints on it where straight bangin! and those hardcore ones .. loved it!

cee-lo's two solo albums seem sort of overlooked to me, too

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »
San Quinn & Messy Marv - Explosive Mode 2
The Jacka - The Jack Artist
Z-Ro - Let the Truth Be Told
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
The Product - One Hunid
Proof - Searching for Jerry Garcia

those are the recent (past several years) ones that popped to mind immediately...

westsiderider323

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »

Z-Ro - Let the Truth Be Told

that Z-Ro album iz dope prolly my favorite Z-ro album

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Some of my favorite shit's I still stay rotatin' are prolly the biggest sleep catchin' joints.

Yung Wun - The Dirtiest Thirstiest

How? This album is off the chain. Swizz Beatz? David Banner? I mean the nigga's single 'Tear It Up' was poppin'! It had that marching band shit, that was popular at the minute. But not even that, son's flow is uqiniue. I also mean it wasn't like every joint was a club banger. Dude got talent. He could write. He done showed it too, I think. Nobody was feelin' him on the previous Ruff Ryder stuff? His flow and style stands out. The album is worth bangin' out! And speaking of still in rotation, as a matter of fact, hours ago, I was listening to this, just like yesterday and the day before.

Body Head Bangerz - Body Head Bangerz, Vol. 1

For real. Again. How? The beats on this shit is deadly. Deadly. This shit is straight gutta. And that's real. Gutta. Nah, it may not be lyrically advanced, but come on, so what? This shit will make you wanna fight somebody straight up. This is the album I pull out quick fast in the summer. Summertime? Quick fast. This album is heavy. It gots weight. Lol. Let me tell ya. I love it. It's just so gutta.

Both of these albums is 2 of my favorites of all time. And what? I strongly suggest ya'll buy 'em both. Slept on to the fullest.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »
And fuck it while I'm at it, another one of my all time favorites, the 90's classic...

Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

I feel it doesn't get the respect it deserves. This shit is a classic. 90's classic. The beats, lyrics, flows, delivery. It's like the whole fuckin' package. But half the world don't even recognize it. It's a shame.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 07:45:03 PM »
Some of my favorite shit's I still stay rotatin' are prolly the biggest sleep catchin' joints.

Yung Wun - The Dirtiest Thirstiest

How? This album is off the chain. Swizz Beatz? David Banner? I mean the nigga's single 'Tear It Up' was poppin'! It had that marching band shit, that was popular at the minute. But not even that, son's flow is uqiniue. I also mean it wasn't like every joint was a club banger. Dude got talent. He could write. He done showed it too, I think. Nobody was feelin' him on the previous Ruff Ryder stuff? His flow and style stands out. The album is worth bangin' out! And speaking of still in rotation, as a matter of fact, hours ago, I was listening to this, just like yesterday and the day before.

Body Head Bangerz - Body Head Bangerz, Vol. 1

For real. Again. How? The beats on this shit is deadly. Deadly. This shit is straight gutta. And that's real. Gutta. Nah, it may not be lyrically advanced, but come on, so what? This shit will make you wanna fight somebody straight up. This is the album I pull out quick fast in the summer. Summertime? Quick fast. This album is heavy. It gots weight. Lol. Let me tell ya. I love it. It's just so gutta.

Both of these albums is 2 of my favorites of all time. And what? I strongly suggest ya'll buy 'em both. Slept on to the fullest.

Lol no doubt, I bump that body head shit all the time when I wanna get pumped up, wouldn't say it's one of my favorites though. Most slept on for me is MF Doom-Operation Doomsday  8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
^ Ha, ha, propz, that's whats up, glad somebody else got the album / bangin' out they shit. 8)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
young buck - buck the world

xzibit - full circle

&

proof - searching for jerry garcia

im sure theres a lot more but can't think of em now