Author Topic: Question for Canadian homies about travel to Canada..  (Read 353 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Question for Canadian homies about travel to Canada..
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
it depends on the state, homie.
Canada has provinces not states, genius.

I think he was talking about the US, not Canada.
Yeah well I think...uh... :-\ I've got no response.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 12:34:10 AM »
it depends on the state, homie.
Canada has provinces not states, genius.

I was talkin about what state he was flying from, dumbass. ;)

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 10:20:51 AM »
gas is like 4 bucks in vancouver, fuck this country.

I thought you were from cali ?

i am. i am in school for a year in vancouver, canada. won't be coming back afterwards unless for vacation though, this place doesn't feel right. Not my kind of town.

Are you staying right in Vancouver?  What school you going to?  Vancouver is a weird place tho, the people are very unfriendly, lots of fake people etc.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »

i am. i am in school for a year in vancouver, canada. won't be coming back afterwards unless for vacation though, this place doesn't feel right. Not my kind of town.

Are you staying right in Vancouver?  What school you going to?  Vancouver is a weird place tho, the people are very unfriendly, lots of fake people etc.

i've been told that, interesting...what's the deal with that?

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »

chill

How can you base a whole province on who this doosche has met in Vancouver?

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »

chill

I wouldnt say the province is unfriendly...  if anything its more laid back than most major cities i've been to.  Its all a matter of where you're hanging out... the upscale clubs/bars downtown are kinda snobby I guess.. even dangerous sometimes, but theres lots of chill places to go too.   The beaches and green spaces have a pretty good atmosphere, and places like Tofino and Whistler are packed with laid-back folks.

If that guy goes to UBC... its pretty big, I could see it being unfriendly just because everyone seems anonymous and lost in the crowd
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »

chill

I wouldnt say the province is unfriendly...  if anything its more laid back than most major cities i've been to.  Its all a matter of where you're hanging out... the upscale clubs/bars downtown are kinda snobby I guess.. even dangerous sometimes, but theres lots of chill places to go too.   The beaches and green spaces have a pretty good atmosphere, and places like Tofino and Whistler are packed with laid-back folks.

If that guy goes to UBC... its pretty big, I could see it being unfriendly just because everyone seems anonymous and lost in the crowd

no i dont go to ubc and im not trying to air out my laundry here either. i dont like it in that is pseudo chill compared to most major cities. people forgo being real in favor of trying to salvage some credibility as a real, diverse city instead of just some inconsequential place in canada that is docile and has no real finger to the pulse of the rest of the continent. i still see people get in fights on the street, harbor racism, cars bumping rap music, everything they pretend not have because they are trying to separate themselves from American stereotypes,  but it all feels fake as fuck because they stifle it, and when alarmist fucks do try and make a big deal of the bullshit that goes on, they make it sound like oakland or detroit when realistically their problems are roody poo compared a real city.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 03:27:52 AM »
roody poo? lol

well, to each his own..  but as soon as I'm done my degree.. Im headin back to Van permanently
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

JAZ

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 03:30:13 AM »
Thats when i start promising the world to
a brand new girl i dont even know yet
Next thing shes wearing my rolex

Suga Foot

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »

chill

no i dont go to ubc and im not trying to air out my laundry here either. i dont like it in that is pseudo chill compared to most major cities. people forgo being real in favor of trying to salvage some credibility as a real, diverse city instead of just some inconsequential place in canada that is docile and has no real finger to the pulse of the rest of the continent. i still see people get in fights on the street, harbor racism, cars bumping rap music, everything they pretend not have because they are trying to separate themselves from American stereotypes,  but it all feels fake as fuck because they stifle it, and when alarmist fucks do try and make a big deal of the bullshit that goes on, they make it sound like oakland or detroit when realistically their problems are roody poo compared a real city.

On point.  I think Vancouver as a city has a bit of an over-inflated ego, and it's working against us right now.  We have the Olympics in 2010 and everyone thinks that's a huge deal (even tho nobody cares about winter olympics).  We have huge construction projects on every corner of the city, and more and more people moving here every year.  We have the second busiest port in North America, and it's helping to bridge the gap between North America and Asia, we have so much happening right now, and everyone is busy and doing great.  So we see this stuff every day, we're a city on the rise, and most people are clueless that culturally, we really have nothing to offer, and we don't matter.

btw, is it SFU?  VCC?  UCFV?  Nail School?  Clown College?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
i do care about winter olympics, some of my favorite sports are in it. The summer olympics are boring, except for the athletism and basket ball, winter olympics are better, with hockey, snowboard, skyiing, etc