Author Topic: Soundscan  (Read 423 times)

Lunatic

Re: Soundscan
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »
GOD DAMN at the dre :o :o :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
R&B always has put up good numbers. It is just better than rap at this point.

Are you kidding me? As far as quality goes R&B is at an all time low.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »
people should stop mocking snoop

R.E.M damn big rockband

debut 115458

TRINA STILL DA BADDEST

first week 46706

flo rida                  with these 2 monster singles

this week 20997

173 FAT JOE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM 3973 -31 5771 79894  ;D

I don't think people are mocking him, the fact is that these are bad numbers for Snoop regardless of how the industry is right now. Fat Joe and Flo rida do belong even in the same sentence as Snoop, REM has never put up huge first week numbers they are more of a cult band who had a big time crossover album a while back around '91.

i dont folllow you? Flo rida just had 2 major big singles " mail on sunday" was his debut album . Normally debut albums sells good ( not all) but with those big singles i think its a disapointment he only have sold like 80000 the first week... okay i agree snoops number are bad , his last album was sold in november dec. people normally buy more music couse of cristmas . " tha blue carpet treatment was also realeased in 2006 that also means something .. Ringtones mp3 downloads was not so huge like it is now....

HEC

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »

R.E.M damn big rockband

debut 115458

TRINA STILL DA BADDEST

first week 46706

this week 20997

I don't think people are mocking him, the fact is that these are bad numbers for Snoop regardless of how the industry is right now. Fat Joe and Flo rida do belong even in the same sentence as Snoop, REM has never put up huge first week numbers they are more of a cult band who had a big time crossover album a while back around '91.

i dont folllow you? Flo rida just had 2 major big singles " mail on sunday" was his debut album . Normally debut albums sells good ( not all) but with those big singles i think its a disapointment he only have sold like 80000 the first week... okay i agree snoops number are bad , his last album was sold in november dec. people normally buy more music couse of cristmas . " tha blue carpet treatment was also realeased in 2006 that also means something .. Ringtones mp3 downloads was not so huge like it is now....

you just brought up a good point. Flo Rida is a "ringtone" artist not an ablum aritst, he sold like over 3 million downloads of "Low" but that does not mean people are going to buy his album. Sales are down from 2 years ago but if a product is marketed the right way, and it is what the fans are expecting from that particular artist if he is an established one like Snoop, it will still sell. Jayz still sold over 400k his first week, an artist very comparable to Snoop when you look at their careers.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
R&B always has put up good numbers. It is just better than rap at this point.
Are you kidding me? As far as quality goes R&B is at an all time low.
he wasnt talking quality, he was talking sales (r&b sales being better than rap)

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »

R.E.M damn big rockband

debut 115458

TRINA STILL DA BADDEST

first week 46706

this week 20997

you just brought up a good point. Flo Rida is a "ringtone" artist not an ablum aritst, he sold like over 3 million downloads of "Low" but that does not mean people are going to buy his album. Sales are down from 2 years ago but if a product is marketed the right way, and it is what the fans are expecting from that particular artist if he is an established one like Snoop, it will still sell. Jayz still sold over 400k his first week, an artist very comparable to Snoop when you look at their careers.

yeah flo rida is a ringtone artist .. but anyway i still think its make a difference when the album is realeased , march is not realy a month were there is huge sales. Album sales are bigger in summer, cristmas its also the were the biggest artist are realeased like jay z .... Yeah but anyway you are right weak sales from snoop no doubt

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
Aww damn Ray-J say it ain't so. I thought that was 300,000 at first.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

K-9

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
SOULJA BOY TELL'EM SOULJABOYTELLEM.COM 6822 -13 7865 873656 . who tha fuck buying Soulja Slow's album lol dude will go plat

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »
Aww damn Ray-J say it ain't so. I thought that was 300,000 at first.
:laugh:

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »
KEYSHIA COLE Is Doing Good
Tight Album

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
if snoop dont go gold that makes this the album least copies sold aint it? :(
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)