Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
27 (73%)
Denver Nuggets
10 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 2008 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs Denver Nuggets (50-32)~ Round 1.  (Read 2777 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^LOL.. compare their supporting casts.

As for that Styles ese... Yes the Lakers are the better team, no shit, doesn't make the Nuggets less pathetic. Nobody says they are supposed to win this series, but the way they present themselves is quite a no-no.. I have no empathy for that Iverson nigga either. I mean come on, he didn't do crap with Philly for years, now he's gone and they beat the Pistons by 20 and lead the series 2-1.. so Iverson can deepthroat an oversized cock just as much as anyone else on the Nuggets roster.

I happen to believe if they were playing a different team, they wouldn't look so "pathetic." Pathetic teams don't win damn near 50 games. If they concentrate on the inside, Kobe eats em up. If they concentrate on Kobe, Lamar and Gasol kill em'. Plus you've got Fisher and even Walton hitting shots. The Nuggets are at a loss at what to do because they are playing a Championship caliber team.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I might be wrong, but I doubt that the Lakers are going to make Utah look like a random selection of faggots from the local swinger club.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

Utah won't win more than 1 game ...  I don't know why people think Utah is so good .. Utah interior D is non existent and Kobe has always shitted on em ..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
LMAO. Iverson is easly one of the most overrated player ever. I mean he can score, but that's it.
Is that why he's gotten 7 assists per game the past 5 seasons?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO. Iverson is easly one of the most overrated player ever. I mean he can score, but that's it.
Is that why he's gotten 7 assists per game the past 5 seasons?

Damn you guys are really fucked up. I mean it's like you can't live without those stupid stats. Watch the damn games, man. Who the fuck cares about his assists per game stat? I mean he probably averaged more "open shots allowed" than assists, so what's the fucking point? In this game you win if you score at least 1 point more than the opponents. So you have to score AND defend your points. If you don't, you're like Steve Nash, 1 side only. Iverson can't play D (correction: doesnt want to play D), he doesn't care about involving his teammates (fuck those assists: he's the PG and he takes the ball in every fucking action his team has made, from the past 10 years. Obviously he's gonna average 6 assists per game in his career..). That's not the point, tho. He was the team captain of the Olympic team of the USA, and he failed. He was embarassing the whole tournament, and the USA won just the bronze. In Philadelphia he's had one great season, but then he was never able to build a contending team around him again. In Phila he used to play alone. Now they've traded him and Phila is about to be the surprise of the year, being 2-1 against the Pistons. And watch the Nuggets. Iverson's record in the Play Off with Denver is 1-7. And i don't even wanna continue. Overrated. Not a (winning) leader.

WestCoasta

Iverson is easly one of the most overrated player ever. I mean he can score, but that's it.

yes, finally someone says it....  I really don't see the big deal and have never seen the big deal

all you're gonna get from Iverson is a high scoring average on the year

he's an all-star, superstar, yes, but by far he is overrated

it's annoying watching Laker games and hearing the OG Stu Lantz kissing up to Iverson  ::)

"so much heart, warrior blah blah"  that's the only dude he's talked about that and I just don't get it

if he had so much heart he wouldn't have voluntarily gotten kicked out of Game 1

and bein a no-show for Game 3 when you're season's on the line, and being guarded by players with less of a step

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Some players just don't know how to get to the next level...Iverson is one of them. I'll give Carmelo time before I judge him, because he's still young. I can see him doing as much damage is Lebron if he were playing in the east.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
The last year or two in Philly and his time in Denver have made him look like ONLY a good scorer, but let's also remember that he took a team with no other players that I would consider stars to the Finals, and gave them a slight chance because of his clutch performances and determination. People also love how he would drive to the hole with no regard for his body, especially since he is such a smaller player. So while everyone is praising the 76ers for going up 2-1 and now that they are tied in the series with the Pistons, don't forget that Iverson has gotten way past the first round. The entire Nuggets team hasn't really shown that same intensity, maybe it's because they don't have a defined leader, they all think they run the show. The Lakers have had them looking demoralized, we'll see if they even bother to show up for Game 4.
I got a bird's eye view

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The last year or two in Philly and his time in Denver have made him look like ONLY a good scorer, but let's also remember that he took a team with no other players that I would consider stars to the Finals, and gave them a slight chance because of his clutch performances and determination. People also love how he would drive to the hole with no regard for his body, especially since he is such a smaller player. So while everyone is praising the 76ers for going up 2-1 and now that they are tied in the series with the Pistons, don't forget that Iverson has gotten way past the first round. The entire Nuggets team hasn't really shown that same intensity, maybe it's because they don't have a defined leader, they all think they run the show. The Lakers have had them looking demoralized, we'll see if they even bother to show up for Game 4.

I said it: he had an excellent year, in Philly, in 2000. He was still 25 years old tho. He didn't improve. But look, that year he had Larry Brown as a coach, and he played in a defensive minded team with 4 defenders on the floor and with him playing SG, basically caring only about scoring. In a situation like this one, and in a less competitive Conference, he can do damage. But the Nuggets are the opposite: an offensive team, with no defenders but Camby, and Iverson is playing PG, mostly. In a thought Conference. He has no chance. He needs 4 defenders on the floor and a wack Conference. And he has to play SG. That's the only way for him to have a good season (and fuck stats, i know he can score).

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
The Nuggets had me sweating for a while. :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Nuggets have no heart.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SWWEEEEEEP!!

I told you dudes that the Nuggets don't suck. They put up a good fight tonight. Nevertheless, it's a sweep and it's on to Round 2!! Watch out Utah or Houston, cuz here we come!

GangstaBoogy

4th quarter Kobe aka The Closer. I'm gonna go break out the gray goose. The rest of you Lakers fans, celebrate safely.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
4th quarter Kobe aka The Closer. I'm gonna go break out the gray goose. The rest of you Lakers fans, celebrate safely.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can have the gray goose... on a work night, I am sticking to Dos Equis for my celebration.  8)