Author Topic: How the fuck did Gasol get a reuptation as a playoff choker?  (Read 618 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: How the fuck did Gasol get a reuptation as a playoff choker?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »
LOL@blaming Doc for KG being soft and shooting jumpers instead of taking it in.

Doc definitely isn't drawing anything up to get KG posted on the low block. Lets not act like Doc isn't a horrible coach all of a sudden. He was inches away from being fired until Ainge threw the Celtics future away for KG and Allen. Rivers was widely regarded as a shit coach until he had 3 stars to make him look good.

WTF are you talking about? KG has ALWAYS been soft and passive...LMAO. There's a reason he only made it out of the first round ONCE during his career with Minnesota. KG is not a clutch player. He's not an aggressive player. He's not a player you can depend upon...You call Gasol soft, and then you blame Doc Rivers for KG's softness...Don't ever try claiming you're not a Laker hater again...PeACe

You're grasping at straws now. You just really wish I was a laker hater for whatever reason. I didn't even mention anything about the lakers and in fact I have noted in an earlier post that KG is a historic playoff choke artist (again, what does that have to do with the lakers?). All you're doing by trying to call me a laker hater in a post that doesn't have anything to do with the lakers is confirming what an insane laker homer you are.

Now, moving on to something that has to do with the lakers that YOU brought up, yes Gasol is soft, and if KG is soft as you claim, then Gasol is exponentially softer as he gets abused by KG anytime the Celts have the common sense required to post KG up.

Acknowledging this FACT does not make me a laker hater. It means that somebody for the Celtics can't see the obvious if they arent posting up KG way more than they are. I would point my finger at Doc since he's supposed to be the brains of the operation.

KG DOESN'T POST UP CONSISTENTLY BECAUSE HE'S SOFT! What don't you get about that?  That's like me saying "oh, Odom can take KG off the dribble any time he wants to!"...sure he can, but if he doesn't do it on a consistent basis, you blame it on HIM, not the coaching staff. LOL. Learn how to analyze basketball. Gasol, as shitty as he's been playing, has outperformed KG in these Finals. Gasol is a power forward playing the role of a center, thus making him look even softer than he is. KG CHOOSES to shoot 20 foot jumpers, that's a big part of his game. I don't wish you were a Laker hater, in fact, I wish NO ONE hated the Lakers... I'm simply stating the obvious. The fact of the matter is, you diss Gasol for being soft as fuck at any chance you get, but as soon as KG shows his softness it's "oh, the coaching staff isn't telling him to post up!". LMAO. Get the fuck outta here, man. You've been on Crack Wilson status these past few days...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »
why would a person take so many long 2s to begin with? take a 3 for more points or get nearer to the basket for a higher %. it's not like he's taking those off a flashy dribble or anything.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »

Doc definitely isn't drawing anything up to get KG posted on the low block. Lets not act like Doc isn't a horrible coach all of a sudden. He was inches away from being fired until Ainge threw the Celtics future away for KG and Allen. Rivers was widely regarded as a shit coach until he had 3 stars to make him look good.

WTF are you talking about? KG has ALWAYS been soft and passive...LMAO. There's a reason he only made it out of the first round ONCE during his career with Minnesota. KG is not a clutch player. He's not an aggressive player. He's not a player you can depend upon...You call Gasol soft, and then you blame Doc Rivers for KG's softness...Don't ever try claiming you're not a Laker hater again...PeACe

You're grasping at straws now. You just really wish I was a laker hater for whatever reason. I didn't even mention anything about the lakers and in fact I have noted in an earlier post that KG is a historic playoff choke artist (again, what does that have to do with the lakers?). All you're doing by trying to call me a laker hater in a post that doesn't have anything to do with the lakers is confirming what an insane laker homer you are.

Now, moving on to something that has to do with the lakers that YOU brought up, yes Gasol is soft, and if KG is soft as you claim, then Gasol is exponentially softer as he gets abused by KG anytime the Celts have the common sense required to post KG up.

Acknowledging this FACT does not make me a laker hater. It means that somebody for the Celtics can't see the obvious if they arent posting up KG way more than they are. I would point my finger at Doc since he's supposed to be the brains of the operation.

KG DOESN'T POST UP CONSISTENTLY BECAUSE HE'S SOFT! What don't you get about that?  That's like me saying "oh, Odom can take KG off the dribble any time he wants to!"...sure he can, but if he doesn't do it on a consistent basis, you blame it on HIM, not the coaching staff. LOL. Learn how to analyze basketball. Gasol, as shitty as he's been playing, has outperformed KG in these Finals. Gasol is a power forward playing the role of a center, thus making him look even softer than he is. KG CHOOSES to shoot 20 foot jumpers, that's a big part of his game. I don't wish you were a Laker hater, in fact, I wish NO ONE hated the Lakers... I'm simply stating the obvious. The fact of the matter is, you diss Gasol for being soft as fuck at any chance you get, but as soon as KG shows his softness it's "oh, the coaching staff isn't telling him to post up!". LMAO. Get the fuck outta here, man. You've been on Crack Wilson status these past few days...PeACe

Show me where I said its ALL Doc's fault. Doc deserves some of the blame in KGs ineffectiveness too. A coaches job is to know your staff and utilize their abilities in ways that maximize their abilities and overall benefit to the team. I have already acknowledged at least 3 times now that KG is a known playoff choke artist so Im not blaming Doc alone, but you can definitely bet a lot of the blame rests with him.

And just for the record Gasol has not outperformed KG. Look at the finals numbers for both of them:

KG vs Lakers                               Gasol vs Celtics
------------------                              --------------------
pts- 16.6                                   pts- 15.4

reb- 12.8                                   reb- 10.6

ast- 2.8                                     ast- 3.6

stl- 1.4                                      stl- 0.6

blk- 1.0                                     blk- 0.6

to- 3.2                                      to- 1.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd hardly call that "outperforming." Maybe he outperformed in winning the hearts of laker homers the world over, but thats about it. Pretty comparable numbers (with the slight edge going to KG) for guys that I think we can at least both agree have not lived up to their billing to this point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »
Why do you always think stats determine everything? LOL. Watch the games. Do you realize Garnett is Boston's MVP, and yet has come up shitty in pretty much every game? (9-22, 7-19, 6-21). THIS IS A 7 FOOTER, THEIR SUPPOSED MVP!

By your logic, you can hold coaches accountable for ANYTHING. Lamar decides not to drive it in, but rather shoot jumpers=Phil Jackson's fault. Gasol plays soft and acts passive on offense=Phil jackson's fault. Do you realize how dumb your basketball logic is? GARNETT HAS ALWAYS PLAYED THIS WAY. Doc, himself, is wondering why KG doesn't post up and take it strong more often. He probably has nightmares about it. LOL. Come on, now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:58:38 PM by Now_I_Know »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »
Why do you always think stats determine everything? LOL. Watch the games. Do you realize Garnett is Boston's MVP, and yet has come up shitty in pretty much every game? (9-22, 7-19, 6-21). THIS IS A 7 FOOTER, THEIR SUPPOSED MVP!

By your logic, you can hold coaches accountable for ANYTHING. Lamar decides not to drive it in, but rather shoot jumpers=Phil Jackson's fault. Gasol plays soft and acts passive on offense=Phil jackson's fault. Do you realize how dumb your basketball logic is? GARNETT HAS ALWAYS PLAYED THIS WAY. Doc, himself, is wondering why KG doesn't post up and take it strong more often. He probably has nightmares about it. LOL. Come on, now.

Why do you only pay attention to parts of my posts? If you paid attention to the whole thing you wouldn't have anything to be arguing about. You just like arguing, I get it.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »

Why do you only pay attention to parts of my posts? If you paid attention to the whole thing you wouldn't have anything to be arguing about. You just like arguing, I get it.

You should've stopped a while ago. Nik is on crack half the time. I think he has a problem reading lol? Or he's just doing this for the fun of it. I'd recommand you just stop till the next thread. Cause you made your point a couple posts...even if NIK doesn't want to believe. So just chill, you're wasting your time.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 07:26:13 PM »

You should've stopped a while ago. Nik is on crack half the time. I think he has a problem reading lol? Or he's just doing this for the fun of it. I'd recommand you just stop till the next thread. Cause you made your point a couple posts...even if NIK doesn't want to believe. So just chill, you're wasting your time.

Yeah, you see what I'm dealing with? he's just a bitter Celtic hater, like totally fersher surfs up dood Beverly Hills 90210.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
a cuzz, the nigga is jewish, has 35,000 posts on the internet, admits he spent the last 10 years online on this site and has a laker tattoo. hahaha, the nicca is the definition of a faggot ass groupie stan, how much more groupie luv can u get than that? homeboy is mad cuz he's jewish and cuz he knows his shietty ass team had all the hype were favorites and he predicted them to win in 4 or 5 games and now they gettin they ass handed to them.

i bet the fag hugs his kobe pillow while he types all these posts all mad. this shiet online is like his nerdy ass lakers treehouse.

kg is playin better than pau 'charmin' gasol, who everyone in the world has called the softest thing since jews in europe. now watch this homo make 4000 more posts pissed now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »

I'm not arguing...LOL. All I'm saying is that you can never blame a coach the least bit for something that's part of a players game. If Doc doesn't call for something, KG needs to take the innitiative, he's the teams MVP. You criticize every Laker players game...Pau's numbers are on par with KG, yet I've heard all these Laker haters talking way more trash about Pau.. You do know that KG is supposed to be clearly the better player, right? And Pau is struggling. KG is 100% to blame for that, and you need you acknowledge it. Doc has to do with KG's softness just as much as Phil Jackson has to do with Pau's...Not an argument, I just call it like I see it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

No need to talk shit, I'm simply stating my case about how KG is responsible for his own ineffectiveness. Not my fault if you can't keep up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »
a cuzz, the nigga is jewish, has 35,000 posts on the internet, admits he spent the last 10 years online on this site and has a laker tattoo. hahaha, the nicca is the definition of a faggot ass groupie stan, how much more groupie luv can u get than that? homeboy is mad cuz he's jewish and cuz he knows his shietty ass team had all the hype were favorites and he predicted them to win in 4 or 5 games and now they gettin they ass handed to them.

i bet the fag hugs his kobe pillow while he types all these posts all mad. this shiet online is like his nerdy ass lakers treehouse.

kg is playin better than pau 'charmin' gasol, who everyone in the world has called the softest thing since jews in europe. now watch this homo make 4000 more posts pissed now.

Anything else you have to say about me? Enquirer ass muthafucka.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

I'm not arguing...LOL. All I'm saying is that you can never blame a coach the least bit for something that's part of a players game. If Doc doesn't call for something, KG needs to take the innitiative, he's the teams MVP. You criticize every Laker players game...Pau's numbers are on par with KG, yet I've heard all these Laker haters talking way more trash about Pau.. You do know that KG is supposed to be clearly the better player, right? And Pau is struggling. KG is 100% to blame for that, and you need you acknowledge it. Doc has to do with KG's softness just as much as Phil Jackson has to do with Pau's...Not an argument, I just call it like I see it...PeACe

1. The role of the player is not to override coaching decisions.
2. Paul Pierce is the Celts MVP clearly
3. I don't know who "all these Laker haters" are, but I have knocked both of them for the shit they do wrong. PAY ATTENTION. KG isn't soft, he's a choke artist. Pau is both.
4. What Laker's game have I criticized besides Pau? Saying Kobe was Shaq's sidekick is not criticism, its fact.
5. Nobody is blaming Doc Rivers for KG's imaginary softness. The coaching staff IS responsible for drawing up plays that play to its rosters' strengths and not its weaknesses. Doc Rivers has not done this.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
1.So you really think Doc Rivers coaching decision is for KG to take 20 footers instead of being aggressive and taking it to the hoop? LOLLLL. Wow.
2.Yea, Paul Pierce is the MVP because KG choked...LOL. KG was supposed to be the MVP going into this series.
3.According to you, Pau is soft and KG isn't, despite the fact that KG is known as a passive offensive player who never thinks shoot first and settles for jumpers. See what I mean?
4.Anyone who calls Kobe a sidekick is an idiot. You have proven who you are with these ridiculous comments these past few weeks. There's a reason Kobe and Shaq were called a 1-2 Punch and a Dynamic Duo.
5.I dunno if you know how basketball coaching works, but set plays aren't called on each possession. LOL. the players dictate what happens on the court most of the time and if KG gets the ball, Doc River is HOPING he takes it in and scores in the paint, as opposed to seeing him shoot 20 foot jumpers. Unfortunately, KG IS soft, and he DOES pass up big opportunities. Like Vic the Brick says, a gutless player.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 12:28:01 AM »

exactly, and hes so athletic and could be so domiant, but he plays soft on offense...and never demands the ball when the games on the line..

The Best of 3 Worlds

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »
if Celtics pull this off...KG can now take "choke artist" off the list...that nigga is dominating under the basket
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008