Author Topic: What is CDQ??  (Read 769 times)

Fonky Fresh

Re: What is CDQ??
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:43 PM »
It's an old news (to me) but i heard guys have tested mp3s / 320k songs with pro equipment & they couldn't hear a big difference with the cd... if any.(i don't either).
This,indeed, is for a normal human ear but if you analyse the mp3 in great depth you will find out differences.

If you're not satisfied with mp3 your only option is probably wav (big files)

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

DJSpin

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 06:19:57 AM »
It might not be the mp3 file, it could be the connection from the iPod to the car stereo or it could be the iPod itself, or the audio settings set for aux input in your car system?
So you could do a simple test, by ripping a WAV (uncompressed) file of the song from the CD by using iTunes and a different audio ripper.
Test each one out on the iPod connected to the car stereo.
This then should hopefully filter where the problem could be.

i dont know much about bit rates and stuff like that... but my ipod connector in my car hooks up through an FM station that doesnt get signal...  and i gotta crank the volume up so loud like 10 extra notches so it sounds as loud as a cd...    is there any other way to connect an ipod into a car stereo ...maybe thats the problem?

DPGC23

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:48 AM »
ITHINK THAS UR PROBLEM, ^^^^

IDONT FUK WITH IPODS OR OTHER MP3 PLAYERS CONNECTED 2 RECEIVER,
ME N MY TRUSTY 6 CD CHANGER ALWAYS ROLL 2GETHER STILL

OH N MY PIONER STILL HAS TAPE DECK, BUT INEVER USE THE TAPE HAHA

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »
128 kbps is a quality like on old CDs, ya know, older than 10 years I think..
New CDs U can rip in 192 or higher, in 256-320 I think ya won't hear difference.. VBR is tha best IMO. ;)

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
i have been using itunes and ripping at VBR and the sound goes lower and doesnt pump. it sounds horrible. anyone know anything?

Mygla

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »

bs, cd's don't have quality loss like tapes...

Matty

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 01:47:15 PM »
true cdq should mean no resampling...just pure output...so a good dedicated hi-fi or a soundcard with digital output and a bit matched/bit perfect mode...and obviously a very high quality set of speakers/headphones to represent all the ranges in the sound fully...

midwestryder

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 06:47:08 AM »

he is talking about cd's the were made 10 years ago or more have sucky quallity compared to cd's made today. the qualit cd;s were made with is not as the same as today.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
CDQ = wav files

320 birate = very close to me

192 = listenable

128 = disapoining

96 = myspace quality
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Efrain

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »
CDQ = wav files

192 = listenable

128 = disapoining

96 = myspace quality

Again, this is all assuming you are taking a song from it's original source (i.e. CD) and converting it to those bit rates. It only goes in one direction, down. When you convert something of a higher bit rate ex. WAV file burnt from CD, down to a lower bit rate ex. 128, then the quality is now lost forever and you can't get it back. If you convert the new 128lbps file back to WAV the inherent audio quality will remain 128kbps and ONLY the SIZE of the file will change (to WAV size).. again not the quality.   

And for the sake of this conversation a WAV file converted to 256-320kbps mp3 is essentially CD quality too, with 192-224 being slightly less but not easily discernible.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »
CDQ = wav files

192 = listenable

128 = disapoining

96 = myspace quality

Again, this is all assuming you are taking a song from it's original source (i.e. CD) and converting it to those bit rates. It only goes in one direction, down. When you convert something of a higher bit rate ex. WAV file burnt from CD, down to a lower bit rate ex. 128, then the quality is now lost forever and you can't get it back. If you convert the new 128lbps file back to WAV the inherent audio quality will remain 128kbps and ONLY the SIZE of the file will change (to WAV size).. again not the quality.   

And for the sake of this conversation a WAV file converted to 256-320kbps mp3 is essentially CD quality too, with 192-224 being slightly less but not easily discernible.

i assumed we were talking about ripping from a CD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mygla

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 10:45:09 AM »

he is talking about cd's the were made 10 years ago or more have sucky quallity compared to cd's made today. the qualit cd;s were made with is not as the same as today.

lmfao... So you're (he's) saying that you can rip No One Can Do It Better in 128kbps and it'll sound the same... You're seriously underestimating the quality of analog recording equipment.

Btw, sound quality on (new) vinyl is better than cd's... not just in the "it sound better on wax"-kinda way, the quality is actually scientificly better... vinyl however, experiences quality loss over time/after use. Wax=true "cdq" ;D