Author Topic: Would You Say The Fans Know More About How Stuff Should Go Down?  (Read 91 times)

kuruptDPG

rap these days isnt wat it was lik bak in the day obv. wenevr an artist releases an album now, thers a few dope cuts the rest are not listnable. eg daz (i kno i diss him alot in my past posts) & dr dre. every trak they produced was a dope cut but now it isnt gd enough.

for me to put back the westcoast is gonna be hard i understand that but the only thats gonna happen if rappers work togethr more often, represent their side rathr than having most of an album with eastcoast & dirty south,  producers & rappers, think of a fans point of view and not say this is my album il do wat i want and must choose ther beats properly. of course promotion is a problem too.

wat u guys think? u think they should get more input from us? u think as the fans wer right if the music aint gd?

spliff239

• 'G'
Re: Would You Say The Fans Know More About How Stuff Should Go Down?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
You are right they should look at it from a fans point of view, and i think that most rappers are doing that. Whats happening is that those outside of the west take up a much larger percentage of the country than the west coast, so the "fans point of view" on a national scale is going to be different than point of view than those on the west. The south isnt on top right now because it knows what "the whole country" wants to hear; the fact of the matter is they take up a large percentage of the country and of course rappers are going to be more inclined to make music that appeals to their own regions.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:03:00 AM by spliff239 »

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »
Ya they should listen to us!!!

kuruptDPG

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
i dont think artists now take their time to listen to beats properly. i say u hav 2 listen to them proprly, now i mean properly. alot of the old producers are not being askd for beats and even if sum producrs are acive alot they dont bothr go to them.

man rappers say thats the problem, this is, that is etc but more importantly is the music that u put out.

i probs get stick for this but im a beat person, im jus intrestd in a gd beat, im sure most ppl is. i hav no probs with lyrics except with kurupt lol. let me be incharge of sum1s album, i guarentee u it'l sell alot and it'd be the best ever lol, sure u guys would do a gd job too!!

wat u think?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:52:59 PM by kurupt4life »

MRKLEAN

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
i dont think artists now take their time to listen to beats properly. i say u hav 2 listen to them proprly, now i mean properly. alot of the old producers are not being askd for beats and even if sum producrs are acive alot they dont bothr go to them.

man rappers say thats the problem, this is, that is etc but more importantly is the music that u put out.

i probs get stick for this but im a beat person, im jus intrestd in a gd beat, im sure most ppl is. i hav no probs with lyrics except with kurupt lol. let me be incharge of sum1s album, i guarentee u it'l sell alot and it'd be the best ever lol, sure u guys would do a gd job too!!

wat u think?
CO SIGN, IF ITS ABOUT THA BEATS U GOTTA HEAR 1 OF MY HOMIEZ HES 4M "SD" N I THINK HE GONNA GO SOMEWHERE CUZ HES STRAIGHT FIRE!!!!  IF U HAD SOME LEGENDARY RAPPERZ FLOW ON 1 OF MY BOYS TRAX, I THINK IT WOULD BE SOME CERTIFIED WESTCOAST SHIT!! BUT U GET THEZE DOPE ASS RAPPERS FLOWIN ON SOME GARBAGE.  CHECK OUT MY HOMIE TRAX N U BE THA JUDGE.  http://rocbattle.com/nemissick
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:01:39 PM by MRKLEAN »