Author Topic: Ok, give me a good answer. What's up with all these wacky rappers?  (Read 152 times)

smegma

For quite some time this site has been flooded with a lot of untalented rappers. Sometimes I give them a chance and 95% of the time I hear wack rappers. Now I've been away for a week and when I came back I saw a bunch of new mixtapes on dubcnn.com, so I thought I would have something nice to listen to... Oh, I was so wrong...

211 - Cold Young Rida -> I can't listen to this guy for 10 minutes straight
211 - Money Ova Everything -> see above
Rome - Welcome To Rome -> not listened to it yet
Bloc Boyz - Reality Check -> 2 nice drops from Mike Ant, but the rest of the tape is wack as hell. Even Mykestro didn't have a good verse.
LNS Presents 420 -> has a few good songs

And what's up with Mike Ant? He's such a talented singer, but I wish he'd work with better rappers. Take this track with Bloc Boyz "U Got Ass"... great hook, but the rest of the song is wack.

Then we also got Damizza... I've said this two or three times already, but a third or fourth time won't hurt. Damizza used to make such good music. He used to work with such talented artists... and who is he pushing now? A group called Guilty. These guys have no talent and they can't rap for shit. Now I could find excuses to listen to listen to Dopey Loco (who has 1 really good song though), Los (who has yet to convince me he can make good beats) and Fresh (who doesn't sound fresh), but why would I want to listen to wack music? Two guys that I do like that Damizza works with are Jared Moore and Young De, but they're just two 'new' good artists.

Not everyone should rap. We all know that. Let's take another good example: K.Dot had a great addition to that Jay Rock/Lil Wayne song, but let's be honest... he can't even carry a verse by himself. I already mentioned how much The Bloc Boyz and Guilty suck. Taje is another rapper that I don't see the hype about. Cashis too.

Yes, I listen to Westurn Union. Yes, I listen to Crooked I. Yes, I listen to quality rap. Yeah, I like songs by Glasses Malone, but he also has a lot of songs that I don't like. Same with 40 Glocc.

Anyway, back to my original question: What's up with all these wacky rappers?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ok, give me a good answer. What's up with all these wacky rappers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
I mean I can feel what your sayin from the cats you mentioned altho I think bloc boyz are dope and better than others

but i feel what your sayin and this is what Ive been sayin everyone wants to be a rapper but truth is you cant be the best
theres only 1 crooked, theres only 1 one of the best of that region!but everyone and they fam want to become a rapper, and it ruins the rap game especially the west
like you said, damizza talented cat but wtf?
its sad but aint no changes in progress
but im glad we got cats like
bad lucc, bishop lamont and ya boy bein productive and sellin out for noone!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »
different styles for different people,it's not always about who spits the best,alot of times it's about the appeal,everybody you named get's love from alot of people on here, and again everybody can't be crooked or a bad lucc, they in my top 5 out here right now,but i don't base my appreciation for a mc off of them,in some songs less is better,but hey that's just me, and again i don't see what's special about ya boy at all,and i peep'd out a gang of his shit,but again that's just me,and i still wish that equal the best,i can't say who rap is for and who shouldn't do it, hell vanilla ice still got some paper left from this shit,business and cypher mc'n is different shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »
some real shit!
ya boy is different IMO

different styles for different people,it's not always about who spits the best,alot of times it's about the appeal,everybody you named get's love from alot of people on here, and again everybody can't be crooked or a bad lucc, they in my top 5 out here right now,but i don't base my appreciation for a mc off of them,in some songs less is better,but hey that's just me, and again i don't see what's special about ya boy at all,and i peep'd out a gang of his shit,but again that's just me,and i still wish that equal the best,i can't say who rap is for and who shouldn't do it, hell vanilla ice still got some paper left from this shit,business and cypher mc'n is different shit yell
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

smegma

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »

True, true. Those are valid points. I'm not a big fan of Ya Boy either and neither do I think Bishop Lamont is as good as people make him out to be. Even though everyone has his own taste noone can deny that there's an overflow of wack artists.

People complain that southern rappers are untalented. Well, I know another region that brings a lot of untalented rappers to the table. Most of these rappers that call themselves 'new west' and try to 'bring the west back' need to think about their role cause none of em are nearly as good as the 'old west'. Step your game up! 8)