Author Topic: *THE OFFICIAL WHAT TO BUY AT THE GROCERY STORE THREAD (HEALTHY CHOICES ONLY)*  (Read 325 times)

Johnny B

The only thing I get at the grocery store now is fat free milk, peanut butter, and some fruits and veggies

I can't cook for shit so I usually eat out (healthy shit)

Fat free milk? Bs, my milk has 0,1% fat - that's the good fat, yes?
it depends. like i get the yellow cap and it says 0% fat. but most milk has saturated fat, that shits bad for u

skim milk is the way to go. it tastes pretty good for being fat free.

as for buying healthy foods, get your favorite cereals and fruits you can actually tolerate eating.

get veggies and turkey/ham and make sandwiches. get some wheat bread and fat free cheese or low fat cheese and have grill cheeses.

get chicken and veggies to cook a stir-fry.

it's all about moderation, even if you don't eat healthy to the extent of just eating fruits and veggies.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:25:30 PM by Johnny B »

jeromechickenbone

Go to Whole Foods and get that all natural shit.  It's more expensive but for the most part its organic with no preservatives or additives.  One of my favorite healthy meals is brown rice w/ mixed veggies like broccoli, red peppers, asparagus, and skinless chicken w/ onions.  Yum

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
If you live by a Trader Joe's, go there and get the frozen Orange Chicken and a pack of brown rice. Most frozen food at TJ's is bomb.
My Future Wife:

jeromechickenbone

If you live by a Trader Joe's, go there and get the frozen Orange Chicken and a pack of brown rice. Most frozen food at TJ's is bomb.

Trader Joes is dope.

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

Thanks for the suggestions.  I picked up some healthy foods with good taste!!

Fucc a fast food meal.