Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony's blood alcohol level nearly twice legal limit  (Read 175 times)

GangstaBoogy

Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony's blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit for driving under the influence when Denver police arrested him earlier this month, a CBS4 investigation found.

CBS4's Brian Maass reported that Anthony's blood alcohol level registered .148 percent, according to multiple sources familiar with the results of Anthony's blood test. The legal limit for DUI in Colorado is .08 percent.

Denver police arrested Anthony on April 14 after seeing his car swerving as it traveled southbound on Interstate 25.

Police said he failed all roadside sobriety tests, although he told officers that he only had "two glasses of red wine" at a downtown Denver restaurant before the DUI stop. According to the Nuggets Web site, Anthony is 6 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 230 pounds.

"We received notice that Carmelo's blood test came back over the legal limit. This is old news, in that Carmelo has admitted from the beginning that he had been drinking and driving and should not have been," Anthony's attorney, Dan Recht, told CBS4.

"Carmelo has said he will take responsibility for his actions, and he does. Carmelo continues to be deeply disappointed in himself, as (he) has said before. Carmelo's actions that night were completely out of character and something he has never done before," Recht said.

First-time offenders in Colorado typically lose their driver's license for at least three months when their blood alcohol level exceeds the legal limit for DUI.

What a fuck-up.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Carmelo Anthony's blood alcohol level nearly twice legal limit
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
Dude needs to wake up...Really, he should be doing bigger things than LeBron with his talent. Lets hope this is the last straw.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:10:40 PM »
damn...u would've thought that the cops of his own city would've let it slip with the playoffs and shit...like if that were kobe in l.a. the cops wouldn't have arrested him IMO...they would take him off the road till he sobers up or call him a cab...but then again 90% of cops are racist and they can't c blacks being successful,so i can c why they would arrest him...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »
damn...u would've thought that the cops of his own city would've let it slip with the playoffs and shit...like if that were kobe in l.a. the cops wouldn't have arrested him IMO...they would take him off the road till he sobers up or call him a cab...but then again 90% of cops are racist and they can't c blacks being successful,so i can c why they would arrest him...

I don't know about that. We're talking about a black man and the LAPD...

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »

I don't know about that. We're talking about a black man and the LAPD...
lol...fareal yo...but thats why i said almost all cops are racist..."but then again 90% of cops are racist and they can't c blacks being successful,so i can c why they would arrest him..."

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »
well nuggets are gonna be re-building this offseason, and were not sure yet whether or not theyre still gonna focus it around melo. hes young and talented, but people with his personality ALWAYS ended up getting traded after a certain amount of years anyways, and the nuggets might just say fuck it and blow the whole thing up.

one things for sure though, melo isnt a leader, and he needs to have a real leader around for him to finally grow up.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
Melo's a great player but also a fucking idiot

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »
this guy is such a moron, its unbelievable.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »
Melo's a great player but also a fucking idiot
8) 8) 8)