Author Topic: Planning my trip to the West Coast (San Diego & Phoenix related)  (Read 620 times)

smegma

Re: Planning my trip to the West Coast (San Diego & Phoenix related)
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
Thx for the feedback guys! I'm about to start planning my trip to the Grand Canyon 8)

Don't spend there more than 1 night.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »
Thx for the feedback guys! I'm about to start planning my trip to the Grand Canyon 8)

I hear you. Thx for the tip. I was planning on spending one day there (get there the night before, take a tour early in the morning, ride around/walk around the rest of the afternoon, watch the sunset [I've heard it's worth it, go back to the hotel that same night so we can go to the next destination the next day).

smegma

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »

I hear you. Thx for the tip. I was planning on spending one day there (get there the night before, take a tour early in the morning, ride around/walk around the rest of the afternoon, watch the sunset [I've heard it's worth it, go back to the hotel that same night so we can go to the next destination the next day).

There's a crater somewhat near the Grand Canyon. You might wanna visit that also. It's very impressive :)

http://www.meteorcrater.com/index.php

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
^^^^You're right. Shit looks pretty impressive, even on photograph! We might hit that up...
But me being a control-freak, I'll have to see if I can include it in my tight schedule ;)

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »

FUCC PHX... BLAZIN HOT DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW..... IF UR COMIN' TO THE AZ.... YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT SEDONA AND OAK CREEK CANYON... FUCCIN' NICE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR.... AND IT'S GREAT... NICE PLACE TO CHILL AND ENJOY THE RED ROCKS GO SWIMMING AND ALL THAT... GRAND CANYON IS ALOT OF FUN.... ALOT COOL LIL SPOTS THAT TOURIST WILL NEVER GET TO SEE.... GREW UP THERE..... BUT YEA.. BEFORE YOU ENTER THE PARK, MAKE SURE AND STOP OFF AT IMAX... THEY HAVE A MOVIE BOUT THE CANYON THERE... DON'T WORRY BOUT MISSIN' THE SHOW... THEY PLAY THAT DAMN MOVIE BOUT 10 TIMES A DAY, 24/7, 365 DAYZ A YR.... LOL... USE TO WORK THERE.... THEY ALSO SELL PARK ENTRANCE TICKETS THERE.... I WOULD PICK UP MY TICKET FROM THERE CUZ THE ENTRANCE GATE HAS LONG LINES AND THEY HAVE AN EXPRESS LANE FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE TICKETS... I'M NOT SURE IF IMAX IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT SELLS THEM. WHEN IN THE PARK... HIT UP THE EL TOVAR HOTEL AND HOPI HOUSE ALOT COOL STUFF IN THERE. VERKAMPS IS ALSO NICE. KOLB STUDIO IS COOL TOO.. THAT BUILDING LITERALLY BUILT ON THE EDGE OF THE CANYON... AS FOR THE SUNSET... DO THE WEST CANYON SUNSET BUS TOUR... BUT MAKE SURE TO GET THERE WAY BEFORE SUNSET CUZ CERTAIN POINTS ON THE WEST RIM GET PACKED.... AND IF YOU HAVE TIME... CHECK OUT THE EAST RIM... THEY HAVE THE WATCH TOWER OUT THAT WAY.... I WOULDN'T SUGGEST HIKING AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR.... TOO DAMN HOT.. THE INNER CANYON TEMPERATURES IS LIKE PHX.... WHAT ELSE.... OH YEA.. THERE'S THIS LIL PLATFORM THAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOPI HOUSE WHERE THE HAVE NATIVE AMERICAN DANCES AT NOON... DON'T KNOW IF THEY STILL DO THAT.... BUT THEY'VE BEEN DOIN' IT SINCE I'VE CAN REMEMBER... THEY ALSO HAVE A TRAIN THAT COMES IN ABOUT NOON AND LEAVES ABOUT THREE... IT COMES FROM WILLIAMS.... DON'T EVER TAKE TRAIN!!! LOL.. SO BORING.... ALL YOU'LL SEE IS ANTELOPE... LOL... ALSO TRY THE STEAK HOUSE OUT BY IMAX.... GOOD FOOD... NUTHIN' MUCH ELSE... IF I WAS THERE... I WOULD TAKE YOU TO SOME SPOTS THAT OTHER PPL NEVER GET TO SEE.... OH YEA.... YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THE NEW SKYWALK.... BUT IT'S NOT AT THE MAIN NATIONAL PARK..... YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO FLAGSTAFF AND TAKE I-40 WEST AND THEN HIT SELIGMAN AND THERE SHOULD BE SIGNS..... NEW STRUCTURE THEY BUILT OVER THE CANYON... STILL WANT TO GO VISIT THAT.... METEOR CRATER IS ALSO ON I-40 BUT EAST OF FLAG....  AND SEDONA AND OAK CREEK CANYON IS SOUTH OF FLAG HEADING TO PHX.... YOU ALSO HAVE THE ANASAZI RUINS DOWN BY COTTONWOOD/ CAMP VERDE AREA.... I FORGET THE NAME OF THEM.... HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »
^^^^Thanks a lot for the info & websites. Especially the part about getting a Park Pass at the National Geographic Visitor's center in order to avoid long waiting lines! That's useful ;) Thx bro!

I might get back at you with some more questions about my Grand Canyon trip. I'll start planning it this weekend.

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »
^^^^Thanks a lot for the info & websites. Especially the part about getting a Park Pass at the National Geographic Visitor's center in order to avoid long waiting lines! That's useful ;) Thx bro!

I might get back at you with some more questions about my Grand Canyon trip. I'll start planning it this weekend.

cool mane....