Author Topic: Mike D'Antoni officially the new coach of the New York Knicks  (Read 392 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Mike D'Antoni officially the new coach of the New York Knicks
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »
congrats to the knicks, you won't win a ring but you'll win 41 games if he gets his type of roster (realistically)

what do the Knicks do, see if he can coexist with Marbury or PRAY that somebody else will take Marbury's contract and draft a new PG?

probably the latter. i think the knicks are done with marbury. he has a huge expiring contract, if knicks were smart they would let it expire and STOP trading their expiring contracts for useless overpaid players for once.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
Isiah Thomas > Mike D'Antoni

LMFAO.  You have got to be kidding me.  D'Antoni will never win a ring, but to be as successful as he was in the west for the last few years is not a fluke.  The Lakers had a hell of a time with him in the playoffs, remember?  And they came goddamn close to knocking off the spurs last year.  So quit painting him as a completely inept retard.

Isiah>D'Antoni... what a joke.

I would not let Isiah Thomas within 100 miles of my franchise. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »
If you don't get it, I truly feel bad for you...D'Antoni is a terrible coach in every way. Zeke is not.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
If you don't get it, I truly feel bad for you...D'Antoni is a terrible coach in every way. Zeke is not.

D'antoni's style isn't suited for the NBA but he's a great coach.

but ISiah is just a clown.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
^Isiah Thomas at least had strategy... There's a reason Jermaine O'Neal developed and played his best basketball under him. D'Antoni was a joke of a strategist. The Suns woulda' been better off without a coach, period. Knicks sucked under Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkins. as well.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:24:02 PM by Now_I_Know »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »

Don't feel bad for me.  I've had a successful life thus far, I'm completely self made and self reliant.  Yeah I've had some road blocks but I work around them. 

I pity you that the only thing you have going for you in life is your job that daddy gave you and that you personally feel a sense of accomplishment when the Lakers win (and that you somehow control that because of "The Secret" :loco:) as well as your 30,000+ posts at Dubcc.  So you feeling bad for me is the epitome of irony.

D'Antoni is a DEFINITE upgrade in NY.  He won't give them a ring, he WILL win more games than Zeke. 

Zeke will NEVER coach or be a GM in the NBA ever again.  He did the exact same shit in the CBA when he acquired it, but I'm sure you already knew that.  He took over a 54 year old league, and within 2 years he bankrupted it and it ceased operations.  That guy is a complete fucking joke. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »

Don't feel bad for me.  I've had a successful life thus far, I'm completely self made and self reliant.  Yeah I've had some road blocks but I work around them. 

I pity you that the only thing you have going for you in life is your job that daddy gave you and that you personally feel a sense of accomplishment when the Lakers win (and that you somehow control that because of "The Secret" :loco:) as well as your 30,000+ posts at Dubcc.  So you feeling bad for me is the epitome of irony.

D'Antoni is a DEFINITE upgrade in NY.  He won't give them a ring, he WILL win more games than Zeke. 

Zeke will NEVER coach or be a GM in the NBA ever again.  He did the exact same shit in the CBA when he acquired it, but I'm sure you already knew that.  He took over a 54 year old league, and within 2 years he bankrupted it and it ceased operations.  That guy is a complete fucking joke. 

Job daddy gave me? Please explain what the fuck you're talking about...stop stealing lame disses from banana boy, because it only makes you look lesser than him, and trust me, that's pretty minuscule. Zeke is a terrible manager, no doubt, but his playing and coaching skills are something different. Jermaine O'Neal wanted to get traded when he heard Isiah was finished in Indiana. he's not a great coach, but he's not the epitome of a terrible coach, as is D'Antoni... I wouldn't call him an upgrade over ANYONE.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »
I think the Knicks will definitely be active with a lot of roster moves, and I could see some problems with the players and D'Antoni. But I think some of the players will just be glad to have a new coach and system, and they also will see the opportunity to put up numbers to get bigger contracts. His system results in a lot more points scored, what selfish basketball player doesn't want to be involved with that?
I got a bird's eye view

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 11:20:42 PM »

Job daddy gave me? Please explain what the fuck you're talking about...stop stealing lame disses from banana boy, because it only makes you look lesser than him, and trust me, that's pretty minuscule. Zeke is a terrible manager, no doubt, but his playing and coaching skills are something different. Jermaine O'Neal wanted to get traded when he heard Isiah was finished in Indiana. he's not a great coach, but he's not the epitome of a terrible coach, as is D'Antoni... I wouldn't call him an upgrade over ANYONE.

Oh Elior, we all know you and Floyd work for your daddy and his concrete business.  How's the housing crunch treating you nowadays anyway?

I've never once said anything about Zeke's playing skills.  Unquestionable.  His managerial skills are beyond atrocious.  Of course JO wanted to leave, Zeke is a players coach.  Zeke inherited a very nice team from Bird and couldn't do shit with it.  Where's your defense about his destroying the CBA?

If I own a team and my options for a coach are Mike D'Antoni or Isiah, I go with D'Antoni.  And it's a complete no brainer.  So are you on the record saying that the Knicks will actually be worse w/ D'A at the helm?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

Oh Elior, we all know you and Floyd work for your daddy and his concrete business.  How's the housing crunch treating you nowadays anyway?

I've never once said anything about Zeke's playing skills.  Unquestionable.  His managerial skills are beyond atrocious.  Of course JO wanted to leave, Zeke is a players coach.  Zeke inherited a very nice team from Bird and couldn't do shit with it.  Where's your defense about his destroying the CBA?

If I own a team and my options for a coach are Mike D'Antoni or Isiah, I go with D'Antoni.  And it's a complete no brainer.  So are you on the record saying that the Knicks will actually be worse w/ D'A at the helm?

You're way dumber than I thought. Concrete business? LMAO. get the fuck outta here...why do i need a "defense" for him ruining the CBA when I'm judging him as a coach...Clearly, he never ruined the chances of a team that stood a chance, like D'Antoni has done. I dunno what the Knicks will be workin wit next year, but if D'Antoni woulda been hired as the Knicks coach from the beginning of this season, they wouldn't have been any better off. The team has failed under Larry Brown, they're bound to fail under D'Antoni...best case scenario, they acquire some players and become another regular season success story, like the Suns were.

'EclipZe

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:12:11 AM »
knicks should get rid of curry/marbury/randolph and get some talented, non-lazy youngsters to rebuild.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 06:41:36 AM »
knicks should get rid of curry/marbury/randolph and get some talented, non-lazy youngsters to rebuild.

LOL and who exactly is going to be willing to take on their enormous contracts? Did somebody hire Zeke as GM again?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 08:11:39 AM »
Mike D'Antoni wants Starbury out.
he defo is starting the cleaning process already.
(Maybe the Knicks Hired Mike to do their Spring Cleaning)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
isiah was sent overseas to scout

lol over there most people probably don't know him for anything besides his Pistons playing career
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »
D'Antoni interested in bringing in "Former" Knick great Patrick Ewing as a possible assistant coach.
Ewing is still under contract with the Magic, but they would allow Ewing to sign with the Knicks.
(Nice PR move...)