Author Topic: Too Much mixtape rappers?  (Read 230 times)

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
Too Much mixtape rappers?
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
One of the reason westcoast felt of For me is that every body want to be big ! They all waiting for the Big deal so they do mixtape who sound most of them like album now . Rappers kill the creativity what the album gone sound when u did 15 mixtape album before ??? And the audiance will start get enough of your mixtape ! I remember a time when i could buy easily a westcoast album every month (not big album with big promo)instead today every day we have a mixtape for free download. I understand artist want to create a buzz but if u give  too much food to a fish he will ate until he explose!
So we have now too much mixtape rappers and i wonder if they would be able to make a real album ?And the problem is everybody wants to be major ! I miss that time where tha independant label was doing there thing!

Nelson Muntz

• Lil Geezy
  • HAW HAW!
Re: Too Much mixtape rappers?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:43 AM »
crooked I = best example

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:38:06 AM »
how else can the survive since there aint no distribution deals. :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
No? More music getting actually heard.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:53 AM »
times change  :'(
change with them and get this money!
The mixtape game is money in a young brothers pocket, can't knock the hustle!

Money ? when all the mixtape are for free on dubccnn? u think they really make money??

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
Too many rappers over saturated themselves, mainly because there is so much choice now a days.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
I think this is true.  I remember back in the early/mid 90's, i'd be waiting and waiting for a new westcoast album to drop and once it did, i'd bump in constantly.  Even if I didn't like it that much, there was nothing else to listen to, so i just kept listening to it until it grew on me.    I remember only buying like 7 or 8 albums a year, and some singles and stuff, and that was it.  Now that market is so flooded, i can go on the net and get 30 new rap albums/mixtapes every week if i wanted to.  I listen to a song, and if it doesn't hit me right away, i trash it and move on to another new song instead of giving it a fair chance.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »
I prefer pay for  a good structred album than for the 10th free mixtape with freestyle and somebody's beat etc... and still asking for an album to come . Some rappers  are in the game for ten years and  only did mixtapes . At first mixtape are cool but waiting something else from an artist the album it's the next level!! Even if it's not under def jam or geffen aftermath ... i would always prefer an indie production than a mixtape but i understand the 3 first mixtape for a new rapper but when  u almost done 10 mixtape if u have no buzz u never will!

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:38 AM »
I think this is true.  I remember back in the early/mid 90's, i'd be waiting and waiting for a new westcoast album to drop and once it did, i'd bump in constantly.  Even if I didn't like it that much, there was nothing else to listen to, so i just kept listening to it until it grew on me.    I remember only buying like 7 or 8 albums a year, and some singles and stuff, and that was it.  Now that market is so flooded, i can go on the net and get 30 new rap albums/mixtapes every week if i wanted to.  I listen to a song, and if it doesn't hit me right away, i trash it and move on to another new song instead of giving it a fair chance.

the first time i totally agree with u

h2k4

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
times change  :'(
change with them and get this money!
The mixtape game is money in a young brothers pocket, can't knock the hustle!

Money ? when all the mixtape are for free on dubccnn? u think they really make money??

Not everybody comes to Dubcnn.  These dudes probably sell mixtapes from their website or at their concerts.