Author Topic: New RZA-"Drama"...this joint is hot  (Read 304 times)

cyence

• 'G'
New RZA-"Drama"...this joint is hot
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: New RZA-"Drama"...this joint is hot
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 01:51:22 AM »
props, I'ma check it out

is this from that new bobby digital?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Australian Bastard

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
The singing is annoying and the beat is boring.
The raps is good tho, the raps are too good for that boring hook and that boring soft-ass beat. 

8 Diagrams was awesome because of the raps (of course) and the laid-back vibe and feeling, but it was way too one-sided musically, I appreciated the whole vibe and shit, but it still should of had more Wu-bangin'ness goddamit.

Of late, I wish RZA would man the fuck up and make at least a few hard beats every now and then. Im gonna run out and cop The Big Doe Rehab because I miss hearing Wu-shit on beats that have balls and substance.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:05:43 AM by get OVER the inner FIEND »

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »
that beat is soft to u? word?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »
this is cool props

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
rza needs to let his ego down a lil.and give us what we know wu needs.hard hitting gutta Newyork grimmy beats with them soul samples.

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »
rza needs to let his ego down a lil.and give us what we know wu needs.hard hitting gutta Newyork grimmy beats with them soul samples.

as RZA said, he been had the grimy punch you in the face music done for Cuban Linx 2, fat boy just dont never seem to be puttin it out
Plus expansion and diversity is a GOOD thing for producers. You gotta figure RZA's done thousands of beats in the old 93-97 fashion, gave us classics..let him live. I would love if every beat Dr Dre did sounded like it came of the Chronic, but I can understand niggas not wanting to just leave themselves inside a box and be bored with their own work. But I repeat again....RZA's work on OB4CLII is said to have been what the 95 RZA was all about. I just hope we get to hear it

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

as RZA said, he been had the grimy punch you in the face music done for Cuban Linx 2, fat boy just dont never seem to be puttin it out
Plus expansion and diversity is a GOOD thing for producers. You gotta figure RZA's done thousands of beats in the old 93-97 fashion, gave us classics..let him live. I would love if every beat Dr Dre did sounded like it came of the Chronic, but I can understand niggas not wanting to just leave themselves inside a box and be bored with their own work. But I repeat again....RZA's work on OB4CLII is said to have been what the 95 RZA was all about. I just hope we get to hear it
Word
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »

Australian Bastard

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »

that beat is soft to u? word?

Actually upon second listen, I say the only thing that I don't like is the singing, the woman's voice isn't strong enough, I say the drum beat is fine, I can play piano, so id say the piano part Rza probably composed himself and thats all good it goes well with the drum-roll, I like the guitar at the end, thats probably RZA playing guitar too! I love RZA's music, its just word, I miss the raw sound, I wish RZA would give the fans that old 36 rugged raw shit every now and then, I miss the whole rugged vibe, because we don't have that in hip-hop anymore godammit.

I hope RZA hasn't forgotten how well Wu flow over hard bangin' smash bang drums:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XwkdpAx7Nd0&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XwkdpAx7Nd0&amp;hl=en</a>

But word, definately, creative diversity, you gots to have it, I don't think that was Rae's problem.  I love 8 Diagrams, the more you listen to it you realise what RZA has done musically is unique in hiphop and very creative and interesting. But on 8, I missed them bangin raw drums, go back and take a listen to Forever and 36, hard drums baby, smash the shit out yo skull, I miss them bangin raw drums. The drums were all clean sounding on 8, it was a very clean crisp sounding album, which is fine but you can still put rawness into it.
PS. Has anybody listened to INS on unpredictable, shit is phenomenal.

P.P.S its probably good Rae hasn't put out OB4CLII yet, the game is fucked right now...wait til the game is really fucked..then release that shit, slingshot efffect.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:30:04 PM by ILLuminati Unit/Skull & Bones Click »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 09:22:24 AM »
I like the beat!!
I'm diggin this Track is nice!!
I was taken aback with the hook..but after a while I'm really diggin it!!
it's a nice track!..Now all we need is a video!!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Lazar

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »
The instrumental is  :o Love it

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »
I like the beat!!
http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/rza-u-cant-stop-drama-photos/

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
I like the beat!!
http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/rza-u-cant-stop-drama-photos/
Props, will check it!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

OchoCinco

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »
can someone reup 8)