Author Topic: please read this!!  (Read 125 times)

rit2003

• Lil Geezy
please read this!!
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
aight recently ive been reading comments regarding crookeds new single , theres been alot of feedback and interesting comments . firstly i cannot understand the bitchin and complainin and wat it achieves , seriously there is a difference between hatin and givin constuctive criticism and the hate is not positive at all. with that being said , i cannot understand why are people judging artists like crooked i and glasses malone like they have dropped RETAIL ALBUMS , seriously the way people speak whether its dickridin or hatin is like these artists have a catalogue behind them.  Iam reserving judgement until artists like crooked i , g malone , bishop lamont drop an album, i mean i once read a thread wit complete hate on bishop and im like firstly he hasent even dropped an album and secondly hes givin away so much free good qualtiy mixtapes and yall still bitch and moan!!.

with this being said some of yall dont understand that songs like certified and crooked are mainstream singles and they have a purpose, unfortunalty artists have to make such singles to create a buzz , but why are peeps basing their opinions on one fukin single or mixtapes, imo certified was averge but wat would i achieve by making a comment when i kno its a maninstream single, now if his album was averge fair enough as a hiphop fan i can comment and compare to other artists. wat im trying to say is some peeps are hater some are dickriders aome get too emotional. i kno for one thing is i love hiphop and in particular westcoast music and ill vioce my opinion as a fan of music when is FUKIN MATTERS!!

aight i also read g malones comments made on how its difficult to work wit westcoast producers and stuff. well i can understand this to some point i aint from cali or america but i was in la last year and there were hiphop fans aint even heard of crooked i. i was like whoa things mus be real fuked up here. well to people like g malone i like wat ur doin and hope u drop a good album,n to be honest i couldnt give a fuk of how much money u got, im a fan o music not ur phantom lol. fair enough u cant work wit westcoast producers etc but i hope ur album repesents westcoast music/artists etc , game dropped good commercial albums but imo they lacked and true essence of westcoast and his album sounded like any other mainstream album , however say wat u want bout snoop each of his albums contain elements of westcoast which i respect and can appreciate it.

i kno there aint much untiy etc but i see alot of talent on the westocast and there is some unity like bishop,myk,g malone, crooked etc. also there are alot of talented producers like focus, dae one , j wells, battlecat , terrace martin,big saccs  also underground producers like disko, xlmiddleton..

wat im trying to say deathrow did it best they had all the talent under one roof, im not sayin everone should be all together but if yall have faith in each other and faith in westcoast then if yall unite for this cause then like people say strength in numbers=powerfull force, like i see all dat dj khaled wit all artists together, i might not like their music however i kno they are makin a point and they are represtin their place and i can respect that.

i see alot of talent and signs of unity paticulary of  people on the new west i hope a real serious movement can take place like lol even dubcnn can help lol

anyways seriously all these artists are givin away music for free and for most part its good qualtiy i think we should appreciate it more and if shit is not to ur taste be constructive man o keep it movin lol

bullet_wrongkind

Re: please read this!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
whats the point

kuruptDPG

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
i dont understand, why wouldnt westcoast producers work wit g malone? need more info cuz they can get paid 4 given beats away, i find that hard to believe.

im actually feeling the crooked i trak, sum1 put bass on it (props for that, makes it better), still aint feelin certified. but malone im still feeling ur shit eg like suge, west stydaz, fucc wit me, malone, therapy sessions.

nima wat u said about evry1 being a critic, its true but u wonder why evry1 is? obv cuz hardly any gd music out ther at the moment or from couple of years ago.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »

with this being said some of yall dont understand that songs like certified and crooked are mainstream singles and they have a purpose, unfortunalty artists have to make such singles to create a buzz , lol

the problem with mainstream singles is that half the time they are not a commercial success, jumping on the band wagon using the same producers and singers every other rapper has used aint gonna guarantee a hit.

You have a better chanxe if you dictate to the mainstream what is hot and not let the mainstream dictate to you.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »

the problem with mainstream singles is that half the time they are not a commercial success, jumping on the band wagon using the same producers and singers every other rapper has used aint gonna guarantee a hit.

You have a better chanxe if you dictate to the mainstream what is hot and not let the mainstream dictate to you.

I understand where you're coming from and it's a logical approach, but the kicker in this scenario is that new artists who have never released an official studio album have very little control in pushing what "they" (the artist) feel is a proper mainstream single that is representative of themselves.  The whole Saigon/Atlantic situation is a shining example of such a case where label politics trumps artist integrity when it comes to determining mainstream singles. 

Saigon tried to push his lead single "Pain In My Life" as a mainstream track, but Atlantic label execs opposed it, yet they gave him a very limited budget to promote and shoot a video for it.  So as expected, it flopped because the label refused to fully support the single as well as Saigon's overall artistic vision. Same thing happened with the 2nd single. All in all, Saigon's situation is sort of a "poster child" example of what happens when label investors won't support the artists vision because it's not a T-Pain or Akon hook laden track with a heavy dose of booty music.

Saigon's heart was in the right place, because he is trying to "dictate to the mainstream what he feels is hot and not letting the mainstream dictate him" but Atlantic obviously didn't support that. They wanted him to conform to the industry standards of what's hot right now. So basically new artists are forced to compromise their art in some way or another if they're attempting to appeal to the mainstream audience. It's a necessary evil.