Author Topic: Planning my trip to the West Coast (Venice Beach & Malibu related)  (Read 489 times)

COMPTONRIDA1

Re: Planning my trip to the West Coast (Venice Beach & Malibu related)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
COME TO COMPTON..

Floydness

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »
visit San Francisco, I went there a few weeks ago and its beautiful, the only thing that sucks over there is the homeless.. As for LA, well theres stuff all over the place, dont forget to visit Hollywood. Go to Hollywood and Highland, walk around, eat, shop, go to the "believe or not" Museum.  The beaches in LA are ALRIGHT, the water is pretty freezing.. It looks nice though.. not to bad.. If you're staying for a long time and have a lot of money to spend I recommend going to Las Vegas, NV. Thats a lot of fun too..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:07:08 PM by Floydness »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »
COME TO COMPTON..

hey....hey... we want him to go back home ALIVE. Dead tourists do not make for good repeat business.  :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 11:17:29 PM »
COME TO COMPTON..

hey....hey... we want him to go back home ALIVE. Dead tourists do not make for good repeat business.  :)

compton ain't that bad, there's actually nice parts of compton, people overexaggerate it. i mean i'm not gonna raise a family there cuz shit ain't right there half the time but it's not like a war zone.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
COME TO COMPTON..

compton ain't that bad, there's actually nice parts of compton, people overexaggerate it. i mean i'm not gonna raise a family there cuz shit ain't right there half the time but it's not like a war zone.

first off... it's just a joke...

second... Compton is not a recommended spot for tourists as anything can happen there.... especially if you find yourself on an unfamiliar street late at night.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:08:16 AM by Styles1 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 03:32:08 AM »
Venice is worth checking out to take a walk and check out the promenade.. Hunnington beach is nice as well.

Did you see you'll be hitting up the Bay Area? if So, the drive up from the highway on the coast is beautiful, you'll be driving about 6 hours, right by the water, so beautiful sights, and some nice restaurants by the road to grab something to eat..

Malibu is cool but i didn't think it was too great.. I guess it can be cool to see, but it's a pretty long drive just for that...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 03:34:50 AM »
Definitely makes sure to check out the record store Amobea in Hollywood, I don't remember where exactly it was but you need to look that up and check it out, great store (atleast it was the last time I went..)

And be careful with fast food restaurants, if it looks dirty, it probably is lol. I fucked my stomach up a couple times eating Chinese food in L.A. lol.

I think you'll realize that L.A. is not a city where you can go for a few days and "see everything"... I mean the area is so big, you'll be driving most of the time.. lol. Now New York on the other hand, you can spend 24 hours in Manhattan just sightseeing.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 03:40:19 AM »
I think you'll realize that L.A. is not a city where you can go for a few days and "see everything"... I mean the area is so big, you'll be driving most of the time.. lol. Now New York on the other hand, you can spend 24 hours in Manhattan just sightseeing.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing too according to several people who went there on holiday.

Did you see you'll be hitting up the Bay Area? if So, the drive up from the highway on the coast is beautiful, you'll be driving about 6 hours, right by the water, so beautiful sights, and some nice restaurants by the road to grab something to eat..

Yeah, San Francisco will actually be one of our last stops before ending our trip back in LA. That drive from the highway on the coast...is that the PCH you're talking about?

And yeah, Justin already told me about Amoeba's. I think it's on Sunset. I'll google it...it was already on my list of things-to-do ;)

Thx for the feedback Nima.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »
Rollin down the 101 countin dead bugs on my windshield

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »
Nima is right. Take that PCH trip .... I honeymooned in Monterey and drove back down to L.A. on PCH. It's beautiful but be careful driving. One slip up at certain points can mean a trip over a cliff and in to the Pacific Ocean.

Amoeba's is located on Sunset Blvd. in the heart of Hollywood. It's across the way from the CNN tower. You can't miss it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »
Definitely makes sure to check out the record store Amobea in Hollywood, I don't remember where exactly it was but you need to look that up and check it out, great store (atleast it was the last time I went..)

Yea...it's on Sunset and Vine just off the 101 freeway.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »
i heard they're thinking about shutting it down?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »
^I really hope not.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2008, 10:47:05 PM »
I can spend so much time at all of their sections. I hope it doesn't shut down. It's the last of the Mohicans or one of the last.

We Fly High

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »
theres no way amoebas can shut down. Amoeba's is the reason tower records and virgin and other stuff shut down around LA. All these big independent stores are whats taking over. Rasputin in the bay area, they holdin shit down.

Maybe once CD's stop being produced and manufactured and everythin becomes digital.. then im not sure where the stores are going. but in the between time, Amoebas is definitely goin strong.