Author Topic: Sunderland Bid For 4 Spurs Players Inc Chimbonda & Malbranque  (Read 87 times)

wardy

Sunderland have approached Tottenham with offers for four of their players, Sky Sports News understands.

Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Younes Kaboul and Teemu Tainio are the men reportedly wanted by Black Cats boss Roy Keane.

All four of the players figured under Juande Ramos at White Hart Lane, with Malbranque and Chimbonda particularly prominent figures.

However, Ramos has been busy rebuilding his squad since the end of last season and could be ready to let the quartet leave.

The Black Cats, who have been much quieter in the transfer window, have yet to comment on the reports.

However, Keane did reveal earlier on Thursday that he felt this time next week there would be 'plenty of new faces' at the Stadium of Light.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3831820,00.html

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sunderland Bid For 4 Spurs Players Inc Chimbonda & Malbranque
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:32:29 AM »
not sure about kaboul but the other three are good.

sunderland need a striker with jones injured for a few months.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:38:16 AM »
TEME!!!  8)

Hopefully Tainio goes to Sunderland and can finally play in the starting 11 where he belongs...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »
kaboul has turned them down, he should be grateful any club wants him after how he played last season.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
Its a shame. Media reports suggested Sunderland were going to pay £23million combined for the four players, which was clearly an over valuation, so hopefully Kaboul's clear rejection of Sunderland won't effect the other moves as this was a great way to raise funds to bolster the squad.