Author Topic: Doug Collins and the current Marv Albert=The worst announcing team ever.  (Read 210 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Marv Albert IS basketball commentary. Doug Collins is ok as a sidekick I guess. Nothing terrible, nothing special.

???

Marv is alright, but when Chick did national games, that was true basketball commentary. Marv of course was with the Knicks for a long time, so I think his overrated. Cris Collinsworth was the worst. Good thing he stuck with football. In basketball he basically resorted to Michael Jordan worship and gave no insight. Oh, and lets not get started on Ahmad Rashad, but that's what happens when you have football people covering basketball.

When did Chick Hearns do national broadcasts? NBA on CBS era?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
wow you kinda forget that ahmad rashad was a football player after all of those years on NBA access/inside stuff.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Marv Albert IS basketball commentary. Doug Collins is ok as a sidekick I guess. Nothing terrible, nothing special.

???

Marv is alright, but when Chick did national games, that was true basketball commentary. Marv of course was with the Knicks for a long time, so I think his overrated. Cris Collinsworth was the worst. Good thing he stuck with football. In basketball he basically resorted to Michael Jordan worship and gave no insight. Oh, and lets not get started on Ahmad Rashad, but that's what happens when you have football people covering basketball.

When did Chick Hearns do national broadcasts? NBA on CBS era?

Long time ago, some CBS games if the Lakers were off on Sunday, which was rear back then thanks to Showtime. He also did lots of college games.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bill Walton comes to mind when I see this thread title, but you guys haven't seen bad commentating until you've heard Mike Rice call a game for the Portland Trail Blazers...absolutely annoying as fuck!!!!!

Oh, trust me...a lot of those team-hired commentators are terrible. Rice and Heinson are some of the worst.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bill Walton comes to mind when I see this thread title, but you guys haven't seen bad commentating until you've heard Mike Rice call a game for the Portland Trail Blazers...absolutely annoying as fuck!!!!!

LOL but Mike Rice is the Blazers announcer. He's supposed to be a homer. its not like he's broadcasting for a major national network like espn, abc or tnt and he has a reason to maintain neutrality. If you think he's bad you onviously haven't seen any Celtics broadcasts.

Yea...the Celtic broadcast team is the worst in the league, followed by the Blazers team. Not all home-team announcers are homers, though. Watching NBA League Pass makes me wanna worship Joel N Stu.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL I understand completely why a fan of any other team wouldn't like Mike Rice, but as a blazer fan I find him entertaining.

GangstaBoogy

I'm just pissed that the Celtics get Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, and Mike Breen for every fuckin game. Those 3 are friggin great.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

I think Marv is the greatest color man of my generation.  Plus he bites hookers and shit.

Marv is famous for play-by-play...LOL

Marv is a color man / play by play.  It's him and an analyst.  "Deliver's the FACIAL!!!" is not play by play, it's color commentary. 

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^YES!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think Marv is the greatest color man of my generation.  Plus he bites hookers and shit.

Marv is a color man / play by play.  It's him and an analyst.  "Deliver's the FACIAL!!!" is not play by play, it's color commentary. 

You're an idiot...LMAO. The announcers who call the game are play-by-play. The analyst is the color guy. Get a clue, Jromo.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I'm just pissed that the Celtics get Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, and Mike Breen for every fuckin game. Those 3 are friggin great.

I agree...I much rather have that team calling the game, though Van Gundy can get annoying with his amature ass comedy routine.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

???