Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
30 (73.2%)
San Antonion Spurs
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs San Antonio Spurs (56-26)~ Round 3  (Read 3836 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Any of yall see Jim Rome talk about the whiners who think Brent should have gotten the foul call?

nobody can ever complain in favor of the spurs as they wouldnt even have been in that scenario without the ref assistance in the first place. odom's block on parker was clean, not a goaltend. manu's foot was on the line, his 3 shoulda been counted as a 2. fish's shot hit the rim, shot clock should have been reset which woulda forced spurs to foul lakers.

and on top of that, if brent barry was to get the foul call, it would have been a regular on-ball foul as opposed to a shooting foul, since instead of leaning into fisher and takin the shot, he put the ball on the floor and dribbled away from the contact first. now i KNOW barry didnt think he was gonna get no damn on-ball foul call with 2 seconds left to play. especially if the league mvp kobe bryant couldnt get a single foul call the ENTIRE FUCKIN game

anyone who disagrees with this never watched the game.

oh and don't forget Duncan traveling

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I was too young to appreciate Chick Hern. If I knew his replacement would be Joel Meyers' boring ass I would've loved him even as a kid.

Huh? How old are you? Chick called every game in the threepeat era...Joel Meyers isn't bad, but compared to Chick, he's nothing. He's one of the current best play-by-plays in the league, though.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
i hate joel , i always wondered what happened to Paul Sunderland, i like him.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

Any of yall see Jim Rome talk about the whiners who think Brent should have gotten the foul call?

nobody can ever complain in favor of the spurs as they wouldnt even have been in that scenario without the ref assistance in the first place. odom's block on parker was clean, not a goaltend. manu's foot was on the line, his 3 shoulda been counted as a 2. fish's shot hit the rim, shot clock should have been reset which woulda forced spurs to foul lakers.

and on top of that, if brent barry was to get the foul call, it would have been a regular on-ball foul as opposed to a shooting foul, since instead of leaning into fisher and takin the shot, he put the ball on the floor and dribbled away from the contact first. now i KNOW barry didnt think he was gonna get no damn on-ball foul call with 2 seconds left to play. especially if the league mvp kobe bryant couldnt get a single foul call the ENTIRE FUCKIN game

if your going to call it in the 1st quarter, you must call it in the 4th quarter.

i think it was a foul but the SPurs didn't deserve to win that game to begin with
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Paul was cool, too...I wouldn't have minded keeping him. Joel is a pro, though. Dude knows his shit and can definitely call a game.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Paul was too much of a homer for my taste. Comparing Kobe to MLK on MLK day... come on. I haven't heard Joel 'cause I've moved full time, but Paul was too much of a homer.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^I dunno, Paul seemed to have more of a passion for the Lakers. I thought he had that Chickesque style of calling a game, as well. I mean, no one could compare to Chick, but he had the same steez. Joel is more objective. You can tell he loves the Lakers as well, but he shows his love on a more professional level. I like them both in different ways. Put it this way- If you have League Pass, you LOVE Joel. LOL.

GangstaBoogy

Yeah that is true. I don't like Joel Meyers but after hearing other teams announcers I really appreciate the un-unbiasedness.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Joel Meyers is actually the idealistic, textbook play-by-play commenator. Calls the game with each detail on the court, and without any bias at all. My only thing against him is the same as everyone else's... he just sounds boring.

I would definitely like him to commentate for the national broadcasts to eliminate bias, but not so much for the local Laker ones. Paul Sunderland just sounded way more excited to watch Laker games than Joel did.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Joel Meyers is actually the idealistic, textbook play-by-play commenator. Calls the game with each detail on the court, and without any bias at all. My only thing against him is the same as everyone else's... he just sounds boring.

I would definitely like him to commentate for the national broadcasts to eliminate bias, but not so much for the local Laker ones. Paul Sunderland just sounded way more excited to watch Laker games than Joel did.

I actually think he has stepped his excitement levels up this season...Actually, there were times where I thought his excitement level was over-the-top. Shit like, "Lakers ONLY down by 14!!"...LOL.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Damn, we've played like shit this series. Fuckit, game 5 can still change the series. If we can pull out the victory the series does change quite a bit. Itll be tough, Im sure the Lakers will come out strong. The home crowd will have them pumped. If we keep it close into the second half we can take it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

GangstaBoogy

Wow what a fugly start. Lakers are playin like crap and the refs are goin for every Spurs flop.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Doggystylin

haha the spurs should kill themselves, they have been giving up HUGE leads against us.

wcsoldier

Smh at Gasol softness ..

Doggystylin

Gasol has been HORRIBLE, I just want to fucking pee on his face right now.