Author Topic: What Iz It About Death Row...  (Read 419 times)

kuruptDPG

What Iz It About Death Row...
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »
that everything thats been done ther is amazing. i mean unreleased shit really beats the stuff put out these days. its like ther some sort of vibe ther that evry artist works at their best and u expect it.

look at artists now who used to work ther. why is it so hard to replicate the old days?

BlastBacc187

• Lil Geezy
Re: What Iz It About Death Row...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
I've wondered that same thing about a lot of artists that were FIRE back in the day. How hard is it to rock the mic like they used to? I guess the game has changed, so their mentality has changed too. Maybe they just don't give a fuck anymore.

EFFeX

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »
I've wondered that same thing about a lot of artists that were FIRE back in the day. How hard is it to rock the mic like they used to? I guess the game has changed, so their mentality has changed too. Maybe they just don't give a fuck anymore.

It's a combination of everything you mentioned.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:26:31 PM »
Well, Soopafly was there almost from the beginning.  Everyone saw him behind the boards and saw him spit straight fire and beat bitches down in the lobby when they tried to make him buy them dinner and that just inspired all the artists to work that much harder to keep up with The Man.  Thats why, if you notice, when Soopafly left in 2000, that's when Death Row was pretty much finished.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »
I heard Soopafly never really checked bitches for their shit. my cousin got stepped to by him one day at the mall, she said he offered to take her out to dinner, and then pay top dollar bottle service at a nightclub of her choice later that night just so he could be graced by her presence....

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 08:34:16 PM »
Well, Soopafly was there almost from the beginning.  Everyone saw him behind the boards and saw him spit straight fire and beat bitches down in the lobby when they tried to make him buy them dinner and that just inspired all the artists to work that much harder to keep up with The Man.  Thats why, if you notice, when Soopafly left in 2000, that's when Death Row was pretty much finished.

You are a comedian, but damn you are riding Soopa's nuts a bit much don't you think? You might as well be drinking his ball sweat.

D-Stress

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »
i mean unreleased shit really beats the stuff put out these days.
agreed.
many of them could still release some dope shit on their own but FUCK THE GAME RIGHT NOW!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
Cause Suge had all them bloods in the studio, so everybody was afraid

kemizt

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »
is crazy cuz all of these random unreleased albums keep on coming outta nowhere
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
that everything thats been done ther is amazing. i mean unreleased shit really beats the stuff put out these days. its like ther some sort of vibe ther that evry artist works at their best and u expect it.

if your talking pre 96/97 then yeah but after that its debatable.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

kuruptDPG

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »

nah im talking about the 92-05. even petey pablos stuff was dope

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

it was all about cause and effect. Snoop, Dre, and DOC were the trio that really gave DR it's identity in the early 90's.

another thing was motivation. you have to realize that no matter what record label these artists were on, they had incentive to put quaity music out and get paid. DR pretty much ended it's reign after 2Pac died and Suge Knight got incarcerated, so from 92-96, it was on top of the map.

I never considered DR to make good music after that era. you could make cases for Daz's debut album and RAW (recorded during DR era), Soopafly's Like it or Not (Dat Whoopty Woop), and Chronic 2000.

after that, I never really liked anything from DR. I've never liked Petey Pablo to begin with and Kurupt's Against the Grain was an utter disappointment to say the least (with a few exceptions).

from the early to mid 90's, it was all about timing. Snoop, Dre, DPG, Pac, and all them were on top of their game. they all so happened to be on the same label. it had nothing to do with being on DR.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »

it was all about cause and effect. Snoop, Dre, and DOC were the trio that really gave DR it's identity in the early 90's.

another thing was motivation. you have to realize that no matter what record label these artists were on, they had incentive to put quaity music out and get paid. DR pretty much ended it's reign after 2Pac died and Suge Knight got incarcerated, so from 92-96, it was on top of the map.

I never considered DR to make good music after that era. you could make cases for Daz's debut album and RAW (recorded during DR era), Soopafly's Like it or Not (Dat Whoopty Woop), and Chronic 2000.

after that, I never really liked anything from DR. I've never liked Petey Pablo to begin with and Kurupt's Against the Grain was an utter disappointment to say the least (with a few exceptions).

from the early to mid 90's, it was all about timing. Snoop, Dre, DPG, Pac, and all them were on top of their game. they all so happened to be on the same label. it had nothing to do with being on DR.

death row was at it's peak in 93, it went downhill after that.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

death row was at it's peak in 93, it went downhill after that.

yea cuz Chronic and Doggystyle are classics that will never be touched.