Author Topic: So I'm watching some of the Yankees game yesterday  (Read 310 times)

the ghost

Re: So I'm watching some of the Yankees game yesterday
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
David Wright =/= overrated either

herpes

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
David Wright =/= overrated either

Wright doesn't get the criticism he should get at times.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 07:45:13 PM »
wright's a stud

future MVP
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
wright's a stud

future MVP

He is a stud no homo.  But a lot of times he commits the same mental errors Reyes does but not catch a fraction of the flack Reyes gets thrown his way.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »
wright's a stud

future MVP

He is a stud no homo.  But a lot of times he commits the same mental errors Reyes does but not catch a fraction of the flack Reyes gets thrown his way.

SHould we go with the race card? lol

I mean...Jeter is half white.

Just throwin it out there lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

the ghost

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
I think the difference is that Reyes has always been flashy and no one argues his talent, but he gets bored at times it seems too.  Jeter seems to always be up, Ive only a few times seen him make a mental error

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
I think the difference is that Reyes has always been flashy and no one argues his talent, but he gets bored at times it seems too.  Jeter seems to always be up, Ive only a few times seen him make a mental error

yeah jeter is a gamer
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
I used to hate Jeter when I was a kid...

but as I got older you see he's consistent with the hits and the average

you gotta respect his game but I would agree there were times in the past when he got over-hyped during a game or somethin

the play where he went into the stands and got bloody made me sick the way people talked about it

as if it was one of the greatest plays ever.... shit really wasn't  ALL THAT as far as taking a ball away in the stands

he was too dramatic with the leap and everything  :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »
westcoast, the "diving" play was mad-played out by the media agreed

but if i recall correctly that play came in 2004:

1-in a Yankee-Sawx game

2-before the A-rod-Varitek brawl, when REd Sox fans were questioning their teams "leadership"

3-he got bloodied up, people love blood

WestCoasta

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
^  yea I see where it all came from

it's just because it was Jeter they went a little too hard with it

on another Jeter note, it's cool to see someone play their whole career with one team

the ghost

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
Yeah West Coast...I totally agree with that.  Its almost impossible for a player to stay with one team for their career now in this market.  I mean there were plenty of trades in the old days, but now in addition to trades, you have free agency.  So its becoming very rare for teams to hold on to a player unless they have enough dough to pay for it:)  I love it when players are career team players.....Brooks robinson, Mike Schmidt, George Brett.  You could actually buy their jersey and not look like a smoke 2 years later wearing it, and they are on another team

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
^  team hopping is the reason why I don't buy jerseys