Author Topic: Celtics were LUCKY Detroit wasn't close to 100%  (Read 646 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Celtics were LUCKY Detroit wasn't close to 100%
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
nuggets>>>hawks
jazz>>>>>>>>>>>cavs
spurs>pistons

lakers=12-3
celtics=12-8

lakers>>>>>>celtics

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »
The Celtics I think were very lucky. When I saw Billups get hurt, I knew it was Boston/LA that moment. I know Duncan can't win if the team actually challenges the Spurs and I knew Boston would beat a very weak Pistons team. The Laker's aren't at a 100%, but I think that will allow Boston to win at least one game. Next year though, I putting money on LA repeating.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 04:20:42 AM »
The Celtics had the pleasure of playing us twice early in the season when they were hungry and dominating the league. They haven't had to play us since we've had Gasol. If Pau can stand his own and prevail against Duncan, Garnett won't be much of a challenge.

Lol Duncan was clearly the better player, Gasol just had a much better supporting cast, with Ginobili playing way below his standards in all losses and Horry unable to make a shot to save his life.

Anyways... the Celtics have homecourt and they overcame their road-worries... I really hope they beat the Lakers, but I doubt it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 06:29:07 AM »
Boston will need every ounce of homecourt advantage to have any shot at this series.  Lakers have the best player, and please don't get me started on Doc Rivers v. Phil Jackson. 

I'll say Lakers in 6.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »
The Celtics had the pleasure of playing us twice early in the season when they were hungry and dominating the league. They haven't had to play us since we've had Gasol. If Pau can stand his own and prevail against Duncan, Garnett won't be much of a challenge.

pau got owned its evident, he got out muscled, out played and the only chance pau had against duncan was flopping and lucky 2nd putbacks...

i said it when the Playoffs started, Celtics gonna take it this year.. Poze' is a big time player always plays big in the Playoffs .. had that crucial game saving steal last night and his defense vs tayshaun was great

Pistons arent what they used to be, they are a mere shadow of a team from 2004 when they beat the SUPERSTAR lakers in the finals with 4 hall of famers playing on that team which included shaq and kobe just so happens they are playing in a garbage conference east
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:06:36 AM by NauticaICE »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »

Lol Duncan was clearly the better player, Gasol just had a much better supporting cast, with Ginobili playing way below his standards in all losses and Horry unable to make a shot to save his life.

Anyways... the Celtics have homecourt and they overcame their road-worries... I really hope they beat the Lakers, but I doubt it.

Duncan clearly played better, but Pau did stand his own...Remember, this is his first time playing big games like these. And give credit to the Laker defense (especially Sasha) for why Ginobli sucked so bad. They were forcing him right better than any team has ever done. Horry is just old. Even in his prime he was inconsistent...PeACe

WestCoasta

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »
and the Pistons were lucky Karl Malone didn't play in The Finals in 2004

Lakers would have won that shit and the Pistons would be empty handed to this day

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »

Lakers would have won that shit and the Pistons would be empty handed to this day

Real spit....+1

Sparegeez

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »

Real spit....+1

You guys really think the player that was the fourth option would have made a difference in a 4-1 series loss?

C'mon fellas

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 01:19:51 PM »

Real spit....+1

You guys really think the player that was the fourth option would have made a difference in a 4-1 series loss?

C'mon fellas

We had no power forward. We didn't need him on the offensive end. We needed him on D.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »

Real spit....+1

C'mon fellas

1.he was the third option
2.he was our only reliable power forward
3.rasheed killed us

Lakers woulda' definitely handled shit with a healthy Malone.

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

Real spit....+1

C'mon fellas

considering you were like 5 years old 4 years ago and you can't really remember anything about that playoffs, I'll let your stupidity slide

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH  You guys actually think if Malone would of playing in 04 you would have had a chance AHAHAHAHA!  Thats seriously to much guys, give me a break.  That was one of the most lopsided series I have ever seen, Pistons destroyed you guys, that old, washed up Malone wouldn't of helped anything, but cmon NIK I admitted I was wrong about this years WCF,  don't tell me NIK that you think if you had Malone you would of won the series instead of being dominated in 5.

DIP DIP SET SET

WestCoasta

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
^  I watched every single game of that season

don't you remember the playoffs?  Malone shut down (contained) Yao, Duncan, then Garnett

then he doesn't play in the Finals and they get fucked up

I'm not saying if Malone played it would have been 4-1 Lakers, I just think they would have won

no no this isn't dickriding from a Laker fan blah blah, if you truely watched that playoffs, you'd know without him it made a HUGE difference

Spice, what you're saying about Celtics being lucky that Billups was banged up, and Rip banged up for the last game

if you're gonna use that excuse, how could you laugh off other examples of excuses for other teams?

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »
^  I watched every single game of that season

don't you remember the playoffs?  Malone shut down (contained) Yao, Duncan, then Garnett

then he doesn't play in the Finals and they get fucked up

I'm not saying if Malone played it would have been 4-1 Lakers, I just think they would have won

no no this isn't dickriding from a Laker fan blah blah, if you truely watched that playoffs, you'd know without him it made a HUGE difference

Spice, what you're saying about Celtics being lucky that Billups was banged up, and Rip banged up for the last game

if you're gonna use that excuse, how could you laugh off other examples of excuses for other teams?

Check and Mate....