Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15601 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »
^yeah that game had WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more biased officiating. as did game 5 in 2006. nik's just a biased ass laker nigga, leave him alone.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »
I'm not even going to say anything...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

:-X

boo fuckin hoo. a very good chunk of that shit was the right call, some were missed calls. sure woulda been nice if that clip wasn't obviously made by a Laker fan. maybe then we could see the calls they missed that helped the Lakers too. And about that T on Kobe, I've seen players get em for a lot less than that. I remember an instance in 2000 where Rasheed got a T for looking at the ref. Wasn't staring him down or talkin or anything, he just looked at him and smiled.

Man you're pathetic. Shut the fuck up. I'm the fist one in this board who blamed how the Lakers played more than the refs, but for real, stop it cause you look pathetic. The officiating was HORRIBLE and ONE-SIDED from the first minute to the last, and if you deny it you're just a dickhead making fun of yourself. Be real.

Look, smart guy, I'm gonna say this one last time. Whether or not the officiating was one sided or not isn't even the issue. The point is none of you complained when the officiating was one sided in the Lakers favor. Don't fuckin bitch about now. If that makes me a dickhead/hater/whatever, then I guess I'm that. Anybody besides a Laker fan knows this shit has been happening to their opponents for a long time. Get over it. The Lakers haven't played well enough to win, don't blame it on the refs (this is what you guys say when the Lakers benefit from this shit).

LOL. Get help...PLEASE. Laker fans know that we've been a target of unfair officiating for quite some time now. In fact, you dissed us all for stating that earlier in this season. Stop using pathetic ass examples that don't compare to what the refs are currently doing. It's NEVER been as obvious as this...EVER.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:12:46 PM by Turf Hitta »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
I'm not even going to say anything...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

:-X

boo fuckin hoo. a very good chunk of that shit was the right call, some were missed calls. sure woulda been nice if that clip wasn't obviously made by a Laker fan. maybe then we could see the calls they missed that helped the Lakers too. And about that T on Kobe, I've seen players get em for a lot less than that. I remember an instance in 2000 where Rasheed got a T for looking at the ref. Wasn't staring him down or talkin or anything, he just looked at him and smiled.

Man you're pathetic. Shut the fuck up. I'm the fist one in this board who blamed how the Lakers played more than the refs, but for real, stop it cause you look pathetic. The officiating was HORRIBLE and ONE-SIDED from the first minute to the last, and if you deny it you're just a dickhead making fun of yourself. Be real.

Look, smart guy, I'm gonna say this one last time. Whether or not the officiating was one sided or not isn't even the issue. The point is none of you complained when the officiating was one sided in the Lakers favor. Don't fuckin bitch about now. If that makes me a dickhead/hater/whatever, then I guess I'm that. Anybody besides a Laker fan knows this shit has been happening to their opponents for a long time. Get over it. The Lakers haven't played well enough to win, don't blame it on the refs (this is what you guys say when the Lakers benefit from this shit).

I ain't blaming it on the refs, just read my posts. But still the refs were horrible and one-sided for 48 mins. And even if maybe they were pro-Lakers before (vs Kings, etc..), in those two games they was been anti-Lakers. It's as simple as that. I dunno why are you complaining. You're admitting they were anti-Lakers but you are justifying it by saying in the past they helped us? That's not a good excuse at all. Refs should be neutral. Expecially in the NBA Finals. That's the point. And they weren't in Game-1 and Game-2.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:01:01 PM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
We are saying that it is normal in the NBA for refs to be told to help certain teams in order to make a series as a whole much more interesting etc.

Some of yall niggas make it look like the NBA is out to get the Lakers or something.. when in reality, they just want an interesting series

NBA refs are not always neutral... this has been known for a while. Some players get treated different than others and it's seen as something completely normal. The "superstar"-bonus is regarded as something semi-official and normal. The fact that white bigs rarely get calls for them is something normal. I could go on.

Our point is not that the officiating in Game 2 was 100% on point, our point is that it's a common thing in the NBA, and while in Game 2 the refs called in favor of Boston, there were more lopsided games in the past that favored the Lakers. So it's on some bullshit to go out on a riot over this.

The Lakers can't lose Game 3. Just watch and see.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:24:31 PM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »
go C's
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2008, 05:45:28 PM »
if they would have gotten 10 .... any fan of theirs would have had a right to complain. and if they had, would Turf Hitta be complaining about them complaining about it?

LOL so now there's a minimum free throw requirement before you can bitch and moan about a 27 FT discrepancy? How convenient for Laker fans LMAO.

You can choose to look at it like that if you wish.... but yeah... that is a horribly low number. 10 or below in physical games like this, and you know some bullshit is going on - no matter the team. But it probably has to be a Laker game or a Laker fan to get your attention. No?  8)

What?

It was pretty late last night when I wrote that, but that was just me questioning whether we would even be having this discussion with you if it wasn't a Laker game or Laker fans complaining. If Utah fans were complaining about lack of calls, I really doubt that you would be trying to argue any of what you are saying now, against them.   

I know you've stated previously that you have no preferences for or against, but I do doubt it. Now that's just how I am seeing it, that's all.

Well, to be honest, I don't know any Jazz fans in real life or on the net, so probably not. I will say that I hate Utah and they are historically a very dirty, chippy team (follow me on this one - the lakers have a reputation of disproportionately getting the benefit of bad calls). If the jazz were complaining about their opposition playing dirty and chippy, yes, I would have a problem with that (in the same way that there is something wrong with laker fans complaining about bad calls after years of getting the benfits of bad calls). I'm not sure if thats clear or not, but I hope so cause this topic is getting really fuckin old already lol.

Ok. I can hear that. But I think that the main point that you are missing overall (at least maybe from myself) is not that the other team is getting more calls. My point was the 10 ..... And that's not even being called out by just Laker fans. Writers and commentators all over have called it bad officiating. Have we had more trips to the line then others in past games? Certainly... but I don't think any of those teams have been disrespected with just 10 shots. That is an extremely low number...

So now we are both clear.... and now it's time for Game 3.       
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »
and Hack... TV Guide don't count! Neither does your Spiderman collection and Dr. Seuss books... I'll let you slide with Mad Magazine though because of their often tongue-in-cheek wit.   8)

I would wish you good luck on the game tonight, but I really don't... plus you guys have leprechauns and clover leafs.. 

peace...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »
I wonder how everybody managed to overlook this little tidbit...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2008/06/10/2008-06-10_exreferee_tim_donaghy_blows_whistle_on_n.html

Ex-referee Tim Donaghy blows whistle on NBA dirty secrets

By JOHN MARZULLI
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:10 PM

Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two refs fixed the outcome of one playoff series - and that officials were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.

The bombshell allegations are contained in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer. It describes the “inner workings" of the NBA in which top league executives used referees to manipulate games.

Donaghy, who pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to charges of betting on games he officiated, told FBI agents “league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the document said.

Donaghy claims he was told that two refs who were “company men” acting in the interest of the NBA conspired to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The referees allegedly ignored flagrant fouls committed by the team that needed to win. They also reportedly called "made-up fouls" against the other team which led to the ejection of two of their players. The team favored by the refs won that night and the next game to win the series.

The document does not name the teams. The Nets were in that playoff series, losing the championship finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Donaghy also claimed a supervising referee told refs that an unidentified NBA executive did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or boot them from the game.

Donaghy told feds the league reprimanded a referee who disobeyed that edict in January 2000 and ejected an unnamed star player from a game in the first quarter.

Lawyer John Lauro filed the four-page letter to Federal Judge Carol Amon because none of the information was included in the government’s letter to the judge seeking leniency for Donaghy when he is sentenced next month.

Lauro has gone to war against Brooklyn federal prosecutors for offering plea deals to Donaghy's betting accomplices that give them less time than the disgraced ref, despite his extensive cooperation.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, free merchandise and meals from team coaches and managers. He told probers one referee used a team's practice facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

"These activities were against NBA rules, indeed, such inappropriate relationships could influence the outcome of games," Lauro wrote.

Lauro said he withheld the names of the teams, referees and league officials because the feds may still investigate the allegations.

Anybody wanna guess the ONLY series in 2002 to go to 7 games? Now tell me the Lakers never got any rings off of bad calls.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
WOW!!! already starting off to a bad note JAY-Z intro music @ Staples in L.A.  :-X
.....and they wonder why the west HH has fallen off.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:31:01 PM by Hatesrats™ »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
^I didn't want to rub it into their faces like that. That Lakers-Kings shit was insane, especially Game 6, everybody knows that. Ask ANY non-Laker fan who knows anything about the NBA. Just like everybody knows about Wade being literally untouchable for a good portion of the '06 finals. Everybody knows it. Cuban even stared Stern down after Game 5 I think. He went near his seat and stared him down, while being full of hate. IT IS NOTHING NEW FELLAS!!! YES, Boston can't complain about the refs so far, but that was to be expected. The Lakers are the favorites and if they win one of the earlier games in Boston the series is too short and not interesting enough. If you know the NBA and how it manages the officiating, you shouldn't be surprised at all. Just like you shouldn't be when Kobe goes to the line 20 times tonight.
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »
so how does it feel Laker fans to get all the calls?

your teams only up at 6 at halftime, watch out for Garnett and PP if they got their games on
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »
LMAO. Now yall niggas get your FTs and you just don't make 'em! Hilarious. Kobe Bryant 12 attempts and counting.
No, it's not a sin

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »
^I didn't want to rub it into their faces like that. That Lakers-Kings shit was insane, especially Game 6, everybody knows that. Ask ANY non-Laker fan who knows anything about the NBA. Just like everybody knows about Wade being literally untouchable for a good portion of the '06 finals. Everybody knows it. Cuban even stared Stern down after Game 5 I think. He went near his seat and stared him down, while being full of hate. IT IS NOTHING NEW FELLAS!!! YES, Boston can't complain about the refs so far, but that was to be expected. The Lakers are the favorites and if they win one of the earlier games in Boston the series is too short and not interesting enough. If you know the NBA and how it manages the officiating, you shouldn't be surprised at all. Just like you shouldn't be when Kobe goes to the line 20 times tonight.

Yeah thats why I don't want to hear Laker fans bitch and moan because everyone knows the WCF series between the Lakers and Kings WAS THE WORST OFFICIATING IN SPORTS HISTORY.  Any non Laker fan will tell you,  you would have to be a complete idiot to think otherwise, it was so obviously rigged,  I cant remember if it were game 6 or 7 but there was one quarter in one of those games where the Lakers had 27 free throws, in one quarter lmao!  Remember after that series even the great Magic Johnson on TNT said the Kinds were the better team.  The Kings got screwed out of a title that year and the Lakers got it handed to them,  only a biased Laker fan would say otherwise.  That is why I dont want to hear Laker fans cry about what is going on now when they sure enjoyed the rigged NBA helping them beat the Kings.

DIP DIP SET SET

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »
^^^No you dont understand. Its ok when the Lakers get the bullshit calls, but its a travesty if the bullshit calls go against em. This is an outrage!!! The Lakers are supposed to have the title handed to them EVERY YEAR. Anything less means the NBA is bullshit!!! DAVID STERN IS COMING TO GET ME!!!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:22 PM »
^^^No you dont understand. Its ok when the Lakers get the bullshit calls, but its a travesty if the bullshit calls go against em. This is an outrage!!! The Lakers are supposed to have the title handed to them EVERY YEAR. Anything less means the NBA is bullshit!!! DAVID STERN IS COMING TO GET ME!!!

shhhh!!