Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15571 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »
The problem with Odom and Gasol is that they play great when the offense is running smoothly. Neither of them are too good at creating their own shot, so when the team is playing bad and they need to get things going, they tend to disappear and when they try to step it up they force it too much. This results in Odom's wild layups.

I dunno, man... Odom and Gasol both missed some point blank lay-ups. I think it's more mental than anything.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
Gasol is just too soft inside, and his behavior seems to have only been getting worse since he first got traded. He is a good player, with some great skills for a big man, but the tough defense, mind games, all seem to get to him, and he goes down to the ground very easily. He needs to attack the basket, that's how you break the defense down, and that's how you get the foul calls.

Overall, that was an alright game, it was good that it was close to the end, but other than Kobe and Ray Allen and a few bench players, there was a lot of weak performances. Some of this was because of good defense, but also a lot of mental mistakes and bad shots.
I got a bird's eye view

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2008, 01:48:27 AM »
Laker fans, see what happens when you're aggressive and attack the basket? This is how you are supposed to play in the NBA Finals. Nice win tonight. And you did it without Tim Donaghey and everything!

The Watcher

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2008, 02:52:54 AM »
boston is taking the next one, kg and pp hardly scored anything between them
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:16 AM »
Lol@Boston going to double Bryant like 50 feet away from the basket while leaving on fire ass Vujacic open. Then they rethink and don't double Bryant at all for the remainder of the game..

If Garnett doesn't step his offense up he should be scratched off of anybody's GOAT-list

Odom and Gasol really are soft.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2008, 08:05:31 AM »
Laker fans, see what happens when you're aggressive and attack the basket?

What? That Celtics defence isn't as good as you guys portrayed it?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »
the celtics had to throw them a bone

we wanted to let LA feel it was still a series.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
It would've been a blow out if the refs would've actually called Perkins and Garnett for those bear-hug screens.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »
The problem with Odom and Gasol is that they play great when the offense is running smoothly. Neither of them are too good at creating their own shot, so when the team is playing bad and they need to get things going, they tend to disappear and when they try to step it up they force it too much. This results in Odom's wild layups.

I dunno, man... Odom and Gasol both missed some point blank lay-ups. I think it's more mental than anything.
I'm talking about their games in general as oppose to Game 3.

wcsoldier

« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
Gasol is very soft mentally wise .. dude used to and has the skills to create his own shot .. actually he got a lot of post moves but through the regular reason , he has just started to rely more and more on Kobe creating for him .. as a team we still dont have find our groove offensive wise .. of course I still believe we can win it but after watching the 1st 3 games.. from an objective point of view , Im not confident
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:45:50 AM by Where "Leon Powe shot 13 Free Throws in a game" happens »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
It would've been a blow out if the refs would've actually called Perkins and Garnett for those bear-hug screens.

Gasol and Odem = soft

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »
Laker fans, see what happens when you're aggressive and attack the basket? This is how you are supposed to play in the NBA Finals. Nice win tonight. And you did it without Tim Donaghey and everything!

When we're allowed to play aggressive, we play aggressive...That's what it comes down to.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2008, 11:52:47 AM »

When we're allowed to play aggressive, we play aggressive...That's what it comes down to.
when boston wins the title you can stick to that all you want  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2008, 11:55:42 AM »
Gasol is very soft mentally wise .. dude used to and has the skills to create his own shot .. actually he got a lot of post moves but through the regular reason , he has just started to rely more and more on Kobe creating for him .. as a team we still dont have find our groove offensive wise .. of course I still believe we can win it but after watching the 1st 3 games.. from an objective point of view , Im not confident

Well...You SHOULD be confident, considering we played such a shitty game and still won. If we bring our A-game, ther's NO WAY the Celtics can stop us.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »
This game should allowed both teams to still have confidence, because neither one of them played close to their best game. Only a few players had really solid games, everyone else suffered from an off-night, nerves, and the tougher defense that comes with a championship series. Boston fans can say "We almost pulled it off even though KG and Paul Pierce had horrible nights" and Laker fans can say "We got the first win even though Kobe was our only starter in double digits". Looking forward to Game 4, I think it will be a better played game from both teams, and should be close like all the other games have been.
I got a bird's eye view