Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15818 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
this shit is heart-breaking..wow...i can't believe we lost a 20 point 3rd quarter lead....fuck iy, we're just going to make history, we stil wining this shit, fuck the celtics  8)

and people need to stop acting like mj did it by himself..he needed 2 of the most dominant defenders in nba history to win championships (pippen and rodman)...Rodman was also a dominant rebounder.......kobe is actually doing more with less...

how is losing in the finals "more"?

Did he lose in the Finals? I didn't think so...He's taking care of business. The only reason the Lakers are where they are right now, which is still better than ANYONE expected.

He's about to. I didnt say he hasnt done alot. But that comment made no sense. Doing "More" with less. More would mean at the VERY least winning the title as the main guy (ie. without Shaq). When comparing to Jordan, it would be more like winning at least 6 titles if you wanna say doing "more".

Jordan at Kobe's age only won 1 title. Kobe was the main guy in the 3rd Laker title...even the 2nd title can be argued. Also, Kobe is doing more with less in a sense that he's taking a team who no one expected to do shit all the way to the Finals. He has less than what Jordan had, yet he's made it to the big stage, while Jordan has made it to the Finals with ONLY great teams. When we get Bynum, we will be a great team, no doubt in my mind...as of now, the fact that we're even in the Finals is amazing. I think we're a really great team when we play to our potential, I say the best in the league. But the thing is, we don't play to our potential 100% of the time. I expect the Lakers to handle it in these next 3 games.

Jordan was ALWAYS the best player on his team and never played with the most dominant center in the league. Jordan had the ability to will his team to the trophy no matter what. Kobe = very good, Jordan = great.

Yea but he played with the most dominant rebounder in the league and some of the best defenders ever...Jordan's abilities were based on what his teammates could do. He never won shit on his own. LMAO@Kobe not being great. Kill yourself.

Jordan = 6 rings as the best player and leader of his team
Kobe = No rings as the best player and leader of his team.

Kobe can't compare to Jordan. I'm not saying he never will, but as of right now, there is no comparison. Those three titles were Shaq's. He woulda had those rings on any other team. Kobe was fortunate enough to be there for the ride. Kobe right now is about where Pippen is. Very good player who was a great player's sidekick but has no rings without that great player.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »
^ you put sasha on the grizzlies, or a team where he is the 1st or 2nd primary option and i bet he you he'd ride the PINE, everyone knows the only reason why Sasha's seems to be good is because he plays off of kobe bryant drawing the defense's attention which leads to wide open looks , defenders running at you while your chilling on the perimeter.. like stu lantz says when he watches sasha fail driving to the hoop trying to be like kobe "know your limits"  :D

Well yeah you're right, Kobe does have a habbit of making everyone around him better.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2008, 03:08:28 PM »
....Jordan's abilities were based on what his teammates could do...............

:nawty:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:12:24 PM by Nutty »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »

Yes. think of Kerr and Paxson hitting those big shots. What if they woulda' missed? Do you understand where teammates come into play, or are you really that ignorant?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »
this shit is heart-breaking..wow...i can't believe we lost a 20 point 3rd quarter lead....fuck iy, we're just going to make history, we stil wining this shit, fuck the celtics  8)

and people need to stop acting like mj did it by himself..he needed 2 of the most dominant defenders in nba history to win championships (pippen and rodman)...Rodman was also a dominant rebounder.......kobe is actually doing more with less...

Did he lose in the Finals? I didn't think so...He's taking care of business. The only reason the Lakers are where they are right now, which is still better than ANYONE expected.

He's about to. I didnt say he hasnt done alot. But that comment made no sense. Doing "More" with less. More would mean at the VERY least winning the title as the main guy (ie. without Shaq). When comparing to Jordan, it would be more like winning at least 6 titles if you wanna say doing "more".

Jordan at Kobe's age only won 1 title. Kobe was the main guy in the 3rd Laker title...even the 2nd title can be argued. Also, Kobe is doing more with less in a sense that he's taking a team who no one expected to do shit all the way to the Finals. He has less than what Jordan had, yet he's made it to the big stage, while Jordan has made it to the Finals with ONLY great teams. When we get Bynum, we will be a great team, no doubt in my mind...as of now, the fact that we're even in the Finals is amazing. I think we're a really great team when we play to our potential, I say the best in the league. But the thing is, we don't play to our potential 100% of the time. I expect the Lakers to handle it in these next 3 games.

Jordan was ALWAYS the best player on his team and never played with the most dominant center in the league. Jordan had the ability to will his team to the trophy no matter what. Kobe = very good, Jordan = great.

Yea but he played with the most dominant rebounder in the league and some of the best defenders ever...Jordan's abilities were based on what his teammates could do. He never won shit on his own. LMAO@Kobe not being great. Kill yourself.

Kobe can't compare to Jordan. I'm not saying he never will, but as of right now, there is no comparison. Those three titles were Shaq's. He woulda had those rings on any other team. Kobe was fortunate enough to be there for the ride. Kobe right now is about where Pippen is. Very good player who was a great player's sidekick but has no rings without that great player.

You're clearly a hater and an idiot if you think Kobe is more a Pippen type player than a Jordan type player...Kobe was just as much the leader and backbone of those Laker threepeat teams. ESPECIALLY the last two. Jordan ain't shit without Pippen and those great supporting casts. Once again, Kobe@29=3 rings, 2 more than Jordan. According to you, Kobe is just "very good", not "great", and he's a "supporting player", not a "franchise player"...You don't deserve to post about sports in this section.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55:49 PM »

Yes. think of Kerr and Paxson hitting those big shots. What if they woulda' missed? Do you understand where teammates come into play, or are you really that ignorant?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »

You're clearly a hater and an idiot if you think Kobe is more a Pippen type player than a Jordan type player...Kobe was just as much the leader and backbone of those Laker threepeat teams. ESPECIALLY the last two. Jordan ain't shit without Pippen and those great supporting casts. Once again, Kobe@29=3 rings, 2 more than Jordan. According to you, Kobe is just "very good", not "great", and he's a "supporting player", not a "franchise player"...You don't deserve to post about sports in this section.

I'm not a hater, you're just a dickrider. Can't do nothin about that, Honcho. Replace Kobe on the Shaq era Lakers with Joe Average and Shaq still gets the rings. Take Shaq off them teams and Kobe is just a really good player (but with no rings). Regarding the Pippen comment, you didn't get my point, and maybe I didnt explain it well enough. Kobe is clearly a vastly superior player than Pippen, but Kobe and Pippen are more comparable than Kobe and Jordan in the sense that the only rings either of them have come from playing second fiddle to a player that is unquestionably great. Kobe as a leader, no rings. Pippen as a leader, no rings.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »

I'm not a hater, you're just a dickrider. Can't do nothin about that, Honcho. Replace Kobe on the Shaq era Lakers with Joe Average and Shaq still gets the rings. Take Shaq off them teams and Kobe is just a really good player (but with no rings). Regarding the Pippen comment, you didn't get my point, and maybe I didnt explain it well enough. Kobe is clearly a vastly superior player than Pippen, but Kobe and Pippen are more comparable than Kobe and Jordan in the sense that the only rings either of them have come from playing second fiddle to a player that is unquestionably great. Kobe as a leader, no rings. Pippen as a leader, no rings.

Yea...just anyone coulda' replaced Kobe in those 4th quarters, and the Lakers still woulda been a 3peat team. ::) You, my friend, are pathetic. Kobe was a captain and just as much a leader in those 3peat teams. The disparity between Kobe and Shaq is not the same as the disparity between Jordan and Pippen. The fact that you imply that is funny all on its own. :D

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »
Yea...just anyone coulda' replaced Kobe in those 4th quarters, and the Lakers still woulda been a 3peat team. ::) You, my friend, are pathetic. Kobe was a captain and just as much a leader in those 3peat teams. The disparity between Kobe and Shaq is not the same as the disparity between Jordan and Pippen. The fact that you imply that is funny all on its own. :D

Did you skip the part where I said kobe is clearly vastly superior to pippen?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »
Yes...and I also saw the part where you said Kobe is "very good", not "great", and the part where you implied that he's a supporting player as opposed to a franchise player. :D

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
Yes...and I also saw the part where you said Kobe is "very good", not "great", and the part where you implied that he's a supporting player as opposed to a franchise player. :D

I didnt imply that. What I said was he has no rings as the leader of his team. Until he can be the leader of a championship team, Jordan comparisons are null and void.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

the problem using Jordans age here is that:

1-he went to college 3 years

2-he never had Shaq
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »

I didnt imply that. What I said was he has no rings as the leader of his team. Until he can be the leader of a championship team, Jordan comparisons are null and void.

And what I said is that he was a captain and leader of those teams...so your claims are null and void.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

the problem using Jordans age here is that:

1-he went to college 3 years

2-he never had Shaq

LOL@the copout. So what if he went to college? Kobe collected rings as a primary factor in his 20s...Jordan hasn't. End of story.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »

And what I said is that he was a captain and leader of those teams...so your claims are null and void.

Lets be serious. That was Shaq's team and you know it.