Author Topic: Sai announces new release date, label revealed next month  (Read 123 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Sai announces new release date, label revealed next month
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:47:11 PM »
Will Saigon's Abandoned Nation be joining Jay-Z's newly formed Roc Nation? It seems like a move that makes perfect sense, right?

"Rumors are gonna be rumors," Sai said last week in Queens about the speculation that he might sign with Jay now that his tumultuous tenure with Atlantic Records is over. "You can't fight the rumors. Just Blaze and Jay-Z are good friends. ... It's gonna be big. Where we go is gonna be big. It's gonna make history."

Saigon said that within the next month, he's going to announce where he'll release The Greatest Story Never Told. He has also set a tentative release date of September 30 for the long-delayed LP. Saigon categorized Atlantic as a "dance label." "They wanna make dance music and party music. That ain't my lane," he said. "The person who signed me to Atlantic Records quit three months after I got signed up there. I tried to work it out, but they made me a lot of empty promises." Wherever the Yard Father goes — whether it be with Young Hov or not — his label home has to "care about insightful music."

Saigon's new song "Gotta Believe" was produced by Just Blaze. Just also sings on the track under his alias Red 5. "That's one of Just Blaze's many alter egos when he records. Remember [Jay-Z's] 'PSA'? That's Just Blaze [speaking between the verses]. Even 'Show Me What You Got.' Flavor Flav called Just Blaze and said, 'Thank you for putting me on the record,' when that's really Just Blaze doing that 'Show me what you got/ Sh-sh-show me what you got!' Flav ain't even know it wasn't his voice. Just is creative like that."

Saigon also cleared up that Just Blaze isn't biting T-Pain's style by using the vocoder effect on his voice while singing the hook.

"We did [the song] a year and half ago before the craze," Sai explained. "We actually referenced it for T-Pain. This is when T-Pain was still coming up. He tried to charge us 100 grand. So I was like, 'Yo ... you sound good on it. Just keep [the song with your voice on it].' This was before the Auto-Tune mania."

This summer, Saigon will be touring Germany with Jay-Z and Rick Ross on two separate outings. He and the Bawwwse also hit up Scandinavia for some dates. The Yard Father just returned from Beijing, where he performed as part of a Complex magazine promotion.

"It was a wonderful experience to see all these Asian kids who don't even know the language say all the words to your songs," he said. "They really knew 'Come Again' and 'Pain in My Life.' That was big over there. They really like 'Pain in My Life' a lot. It was a beautiful experience. I walked about three or four miles of the Great Wall of China. It was an amazing experience. I wouldn't trade that experience for nothing in the world."

Viral videos for "The Color Purple" and "What a Life" are already in the can. There's also a video for "Gotta Believe" going into production soon.

MTV bitches

Lunatic

Re: Sai announces new release date, label revealed next month
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
please dear god let this date stick
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »
"tentative"...

kemizt

1nce was blind

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »
props on the info.........hopefully we will see Saigon's album this year

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
So they kept all their atlantic stuff? good shit

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »
So they kept all their atlantic stuff? good shit

Yup, they were able to keep all of their recorded material while on Atlantic.

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »
hope this comes out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Invincible

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:28 AM »
please dear god let this date stick

Word. Been looking forward to this for a long time now.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 05:41:21 AM »
It's coming!