Author Topic: The Confessional Announcment [Video]  (Read 692 times)

Matty

Re: The Confessional Announcment [Video]
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »
lol nice one to bishop for coming out with a video to clarify things just because of a small delay and a couple of words on the forums. looking foward to all the material starting with this mixtape. he makes it sound like reformation is coming out sooner rather than later. maybe its not coming out after detox after all. and if it is (which would have to be next year) then it would be unlikely that it's getting fully finished up now. we want to hear it when its fresh and not after it's been sitting on the shelf for a while regardless 8)

Matty

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »
oh and that track on the video must be 'oh my god' from the mixtape. sounds just like candy shop so probably a scott storch track that's been kicking around for a while...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
lol nice one to bishop for coming out with a video to clarify things just because of a small delay and a couple of words on the forums. looking foward to all the material starting with this mixtape. he makes it sound like reformation is coming out sooner rather than later. maybe its not coming out after detox after all. and if it is (which would have to be next year) then it would be unlikely that it's getting fully finished up now. we want to hear it when its fresh and not after it's been sitting on the shelf for a while regardless 8)

i wouldn't count on it  ;)

Matty

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »
well i dunno, but either detox or the reformation better drop this year. i can't see detox happening in '08 but remain hopeful...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »
well i dunno, but either detox or the reformation better drop this year. i can't see detox happening in '08 but remain hopeful...

why not, june has just started  :P

Matty

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »
cause the build-up is likely gonna be long to create maximum hype and it might still be a while before its actually finished yet...

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »
nice thread homie, thanx...

EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »
cause the build-up is likely gonna be long to create maximum hype and it might still be a while before its actually finished yet...

how is it likely?  ???

Matty

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 02:40:21 AM »
cause you never know what interscope are gonna do - known to fuck up on marketing - but if they're gonna milk dre's cd for all its worth sales wise and get that giant buzz which we know it will easily generate, a long build up where snippets of information and dre himself is more exposed/talking about it is gonna be part of the strategy. it aint just gonna be ok detox is dropping in 2 months time kind of thing - when its actually coming we'll start hearing so quite a while beforehand - hopefully with some actual audio...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 02:54:46 AM »
cause you never know what interscope are gonna do - known to fuck up on marketing - but if they're gonna milk dre's cd for all its worth sales wise and get that giant buzz which we know it will easily generate, a long build up where snippets of information and dre himself is more exposed/talking about it is gonna be part of the strategy. it aint just gonna be ok detox is dropping in 2 months time kind of thing - when its actually coming we'll start hearing so quite a while beforehand - hopefully with some actual audio...

yeah but like i said before, only 5 out of 12 months have passed, and Detox is a very anticipated release.

so whatever the strategy is, i don't see how it is likely that the plans require more than 7 months  :P

Matty

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
well i remember reading a while back that its gonna be given full priority by interscope when its done, so hopefully if its done in the next few months it could in theory come out in '08. but still, eminem is supposed to drop an album too...i just see it getting pushed back to next year unless we start to hear otherwise in the next 2-3 months...but it definitely shouldn't come out later than '09 now...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 12:35:30 AM »
well i remember reading a while back that its gonna be given full priority by interscope when its done, so hopefully if its done in the next few months it could in theory come out in '08. but still, eminem is supposed to drop an album too...i just see it getting pushed back to next year unless we start to hear otherwise in the next 2-3 months...but it definitely shouldn't come out later than '09 now...

yeah i want to hear more news about Detox too in, lets say, the next 3 months  :P otherwise i don't see it coming out this year either.

and it definitely can't come out later than 2009 for me; otherwise it would mean too many broken promises from Dre  ::)