Author Topic: Eminem underated as a producer  (Read 893 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem underated as a producer
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
^i dont know man, i compare eminem the producer to dr dre the producer who put him on, which is why my expectations of his new projects are always let down
cmon, just because dre is his homie and shit, you can't expect him to produce like dre does.. Eminem is (or, used to be) a very good rapper, now he tries to produce. Well, some of his beats arent even that bad. Kanye once claimed that "eminem got the best drums in hiphop" ... that's alot to claim when you know that kanye is arrogant as fuck and also considered an elite producer. Of course Eminem's beats are far from as good as Dre's are. But then again, Eminem doesn't jack as much as Dre does (no hater).
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Narrator

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
Eminem's beats are a pretty good fit for his own style, but when other rappers are on them, it's hit-or-miss (Jay-Z sounded good on "Renagade", but Nas wasn't so good on "The Cross', for example).

On the other hand (and I know a lotta y'all disagree), I don't think "Loyal To The Game" was all that bad.  Don't get me wrong, it was still not that good, either, but seriously, is it really that much worse than all of the other shitty 2Pac posthumous albums that have been released?  "LTTG" was at least listenable, whereas most of those albums were just fuckin awful except for 2-3 songs.

Of course, the 4 remix tracks on "LTTG" were far better than anything Eminem produced on that album.  If Afeni Shakur will only put out an entire record of songs of that quality, then I wouldn't mind posthumous Pac records so much.  As it is, they're all pretty much disgraceful to Pac's legacy, so bad that "LTTG" sounded like an improvement in comparison.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:30:22 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

Sikotic™

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 09:35:50 PM »
Eminem USED to be a good producer. I remember looking forward to his production. From Renegade to the stuff on Eminem show, he was becoming one of my favorite producers.

Then the 2nd D-12 album dropped, and something went wrong.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »
Eminem USED to be a good producer. I remember looking forward to his production. From Renegade to the stuff on Eminem show, he was becoming one of my favorite producers.

Then the 2nd D-12 album dropped, and something went wrong.

em had like half a good year.. then his shit got repetitive n wack

WestCoasta

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »
you get the feeling that he tries too hard to be a labeled a "producer" as well

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »
dont ge me wrong, i hte gunit. but it as better than anything daz has done with pac.

You're a fucking idiot!

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2006, 05:03:19 PM »
not only he makes shitty beats...(fucking up that entire pac album) ....his rapping aint good no more either....em just lost whatever intrest he had in hiphop...his wack ass just needs to retire now...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:04:58 PM by LaZ1e »

Narrator

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2006, 05:30:18 PM »
not only he makes shitty beats...(fucking up that entire pac album) ....his rapping aint good no more either....em just lost whatever intrest he had in hiphop...his wack ass just needs to retire now...

Eminem at his worst >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your favorite West Coast rapper.

Beats on "LTTG" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than 90% of the beats on other posthumous Tupac albums (after "Makaveli")

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2006, 05:31:45 PM »

Beats on "LTTG" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than 90% of the beats on other posthumous Tupac albums (after "Makaveli")

Have you lost your mind lately?

Narrator

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Nope.  It's just that unlike a lotta cats on here, I ain't biased against Eminem cause he's white.

Of course, I'm still going to kill him when Judgment Day comes, cause Allah told me I gotta do it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »
you get the feeling that he tries too hard to be a labeled a "producer" as well
Yeah, no doubt.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

Nope.  It's just that unlike a lotta cats on here, I ain't biased against Eminem cause he's white.

Of course, I'm still going to kill him when Judgment Day comes, cause Allah told me I gotta do it.

Neither am I, and eminem at his worst is pretty damn terrible

WestCoasta

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »

really?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2006, 08:47:49 PM »
LMAO...Now I KNOW that gimmicky dude is white (or Asian).

Narrator

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2006, 09:10:49 PM »

really?

Yep.

LMAO...Now I KNOW that gimmicky dude is white (or Asian).

Shut up, kike.  It's gonna be back to the gas chambers for you when the revolution pops off.