Author Topic: Lil' Wayne Recruits Fans To Sell New Album On The Net  (Read 138 times)

Elano

Lil' Wayne Recruits Fans To Sell New Album On The Net
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:12:29 AM »
Lil' Wayne has partnered with media distribution and social shopping company Musicane to sell his new album Tha Carter III, digitally. With the deal, fans will be able to sell the album on their own websites or purchase the highly anticipated album directly from Wayne's website, blog and social network pages.

The deal will allow fans to buy either the entire CD or individual songs from any of the rapper's official sites through the Musicane widget - an embedded viral player. Fans can also stream previews of Tha Carter III, interviews, and upcoming merchandise, among other products from the widget.

Fans will be able to profit along with Weezy as the Musicane technology will allow users to post the Lil' Wayne widgets on their own networks, like MySpace and Facebook. With this two-way ability, fans will not only help support Weezy but have the opportunity to make a share at the same time.

Speaking on their decision to complete the deal with Wayne, Musicane president Vikramaditya Jain felt the rapper was a shoe-in for the way of the future.

"Lil Wayne is a natural fit to help further this movement not just because of his stature in the music world but more for his bold attitude toward change," he said in a statement. "He knows that the new model for the flow of music distribution is rooted in empowering the fans, not the traditional gate keepers that tend to slow everything down."

(sohh)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: Lil' Wayne Recruits Fans To Sell New Album On The Net
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:39:23 PM »

Fans will be able to profit along with Weezy as the Musicane technology will allow users to post the Lil' Wayne widgets on their own networks, like MySpace and Facebook. With this two-way ability, fans will not only help support Weezy but have the opportunity to make a share at the same time.
Thats dope..

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
Lmao ain't no DJ's helping him sell this shit now. Grasping for straws are we Mr. Carter?
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
^ lol good point.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"