Author Topic: NBA Finals ratings are up 38%  (Read 340 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Finals ratings are up 38%
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »
Nobody cares about it anymore though. thats the point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »
Maybe in Portland...But people out here and out in Boston are ecstatic.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »
IM not in Boston or LA and im happy with it..much better then S.a vs clevland or S.a vs detroit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »
^You're the one who acted like what BabyG said was ridiculous.

yeah i did read that wrong its my bad but at the same time saying Kobe is the common factor , i woud say more thelakers are the common factor no?

Dude its Kobe. The only players left from that 2004 team are Walton, Fisher, and Kobe..
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 04:33:10 AM »
NBA has the NHL problem right now...only the die hards and the regular sports fan watch it....the _casual_ fans dont give a fuck.

I can't wait for game 2 baby!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 04:40:12 AM »
^^^no, common factor = no Spurs.

The finals series this year has been a blast to watch. I haven't watched a full game of basketball in years.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 07:18:37 AM »
Anytime the Yankees play in the World Series, it tends to hit 20million plus viewers per game.  Other times it's reached more than 20 million is because either the Red Sox were making history or a series went to Game 7.  Barry Bonds' Giants couldn't even crack the 20m mark until Game 7 when it reached 31million.  It has a lot to do with the fact that the Lakers are back in the Finals.  Ratings are always up when teams with a huge fanbase make it to the Finals.  Of course it doesn't hurt when you have the best player in the game, but I don't think that's the most important factor.  Yankees have such a large fan base, with a large fan base comes a long a separate fan base that wants you to lose.  The same thing can be said for the Lakers. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:20:35 AM by Mr. Javii »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 09:59:22 AM »
Anytime the Yankees play in the World Series, it tends to hit 20million plus viewers per game.  Other times it's reached more than 20 million is because either the Red Sox were making history or a series went to Game 7.  Barry Bonds' Giants couldn't even crack the 20m mark until Game 7 when it reached 31million.  It has a lot to do with the fact that the Lakers are back in the Finals.  Ratings are always up when teams with a huge fanbase make it to the Finals.  Of course it doesn't hurt when you have the best player in the game, but I don't think that's the most important factor.  Yankees have such a large fan base, with a large fan base comes a long a separate fan base that wants you to lose.  The same thing can be said for the Lakers. 

exacly, having the best player helps but its mostly the team in this case the Lakers and in Baseball The yankees.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
^I wanna beat her cheeks (girl in your sig)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »
Maybe in Portland...But people out here and out in Boston are ecstatic.

hell yeah

california and new england > portland oregon   lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »
UPDATE:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Game 3 of the NBA Finals drew the highest television ratings of the series.

The Lakers' 87-81 win Tuesday night earned a 9.2 rating on ABC, the network said Wednesday. That's up 44 percent from the 6.4 last year for Spurs-Cavaliers

Game 1 - 13.4 million viewers
Game 2 - 13.5 million viewers
Game 3 - 14.5 million viewers

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
 8)

you don't have to worry you can ride with me now
niggas is quick so scream how they die for me now
only got one clique, they outlawz on the now
fair exchange when I fuck these hoes
LET THEM PUNKS KNOW

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens