Author Topic: a few reasons of why KURUPT is the best rapper of all time  (Read 2243 times)

Johnny B

Re: a few reasons of why KURUPT is the best rapper of all time
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
props to everyone for their opinion, no matter what it is. good thread.

arubiano83

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
maybe kurupt isnt'the best rapper of all time...
BUT.....

-he's mos def one of the best
-the best lyricist/mcs in the world are too boring for most of us to get trough their whole album a-z (canibus, ras kass, papoose etc), kurupt you can listen to..all day
-he brought so many upcommin'rappers to the game..he need an award for that shit lol
-he's got classic songs on the most classic hiphop albums ever
-he did songs with the best of the west ( dre pac snoop daz ice-t ice cube dj quik mack 10 luniz e 40 cypress hill mc warren g eiht spice 1 crooked i ras kass xzibit etc etc)
-he did songs with the best of the east (pete rock nas jay-z killah priest inspectah deck krs-1 lost boyz gangstarr canibus buckshot red/meth busta rhymes etc etc)
-he's a platinum artist but still fucks with underground cats...no stuck up platt'num attitude
-after 15+ years in the game HE STILL HAS IT
-versatile from freestylin'to straight murderin, from funny shit to personal issues, from serious shit to slap-a-bitch shit, from laidback g-funk to boombap & R&B
-

he brought sooo much good music out for the fans, he did so much for the rapgame

in the game of rap, kurupt is the final boss..fuck bowser/robotnik ;D

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:16:05 PM by arubiano83 »

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
BUT.....

-the best lyricist/mcs in the world are too boring for most of us to get trough their whole album a-z (canibus, ras kass, papoose etc), kurupt you can listen to..all day
-he brought so many upcommin'rappers to the game..he need an award for that shit lol
-he did songs with the best of the west ( dre pac snoop daz ice-t ice cube dj quik mack 10 luniz e 40 cypress hill mc warren g eiht spice 1 crooked i ras kass xzibit etc etc)
-he did songs with the best of the east (pete rock nas jay-z killah priest inspectah deck krs-1 lost boyz gangstarr canibus buckshotred/meth busta rhymes etc etc)
-he's a platinum artist but still fucks with underground cats...no stuck up platt'num attitude
-versatile from freestylin'to straight murderin, from funny shit to personal issues, from serious shit to slap-a-bitch shit, from laidback g-funk to boombap & R&B
- he brought sooo much good music out for the fans, he did so much for the rapgame

co-sign on all this! I like how you mentioned he can rap about any subject.

support Kurupt to the fullest, ppl! 8)

E-Class

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
Kurupt is my favorite rapper, but I'll give the pros and cons as I see it:

pros

- vicious delivery (especially during 2003-2005)
- rhyming is eccentric and unique
- entertaining
- raps about any subject successfully
- doesn't have a boring flow
- can rap calmly and aggressively and still sound fresh
- Kuruption and Streetz Iz A Mutha are classics
- freestyle beast

cons

- never had the best production behind him post-Death Row
- rhyming got lazy over the years
- Daz's lazy ass is holding him back lol (Daz gave up releasing quality material a long time ago)
- last two albums were mediocre at best (with the exception of a FEW tracks on each)

first off he is a beast. when on his a game, i can see why you would say that, and i really couldn't argue.
you are like me with canibus, who i think is the best.
but both of them are inconsistent.

emcess try new things and sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
it's tuff being an artist and trying to be equally as fresh everytime out...shit, jay-z got wack songs.

i definitely respect your opinion, but disagee.

kurupt is dope as fuck though, pump who you think is dope though bruh...i ain't mad at cha

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 12:21:07 AM »
LMAO!  I can't even read your reasons.  But his last 3-4 albums is reason enough he wouldn't even be considered the best rapper ever.
his LAST 3-4 albums? HE HAS 5 solo albums total..And the first 3 were all fire...His last 2 albums were off, but he did spit some fire on SDDS...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 12:25:39 AM »

pros

- entertaining
- freestyle beast

cons

- Daz's lazy ass is holding him back lol (Daz gave up releasing quality material a long time ago)
- last two albums were mediocre at best (with the exception of a FEW tracks on each)

REALEST THING SAID ON HERE!! Everytime he gets away from Daz's fat ass he sounds so much better...Daz is so awful that i think Kurupt feels like no matter what he can outshine daz on any verse anytime anywhere, Daz doesnt challenge him or help him raise his game...LOL@ ppl a few years ago sayin Daz was better then Kurupt GIVE ME A FUCCIN BREAK!

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »
Crooked I is good but way overrated, how can you call him one of the greatest if he don't even have an album out?
Kurupt ain't the best either, good yeah. I'm anticipating his new project, at least one should be good & get released. But greatest? No.

PURE SPIT HOMIE!!! I dont care about albums, when it comes to BUSTING ON THE MIC NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY, not JUICE NOT SUPERNATURAL NOT NAS NOT KURUPT NOT CHINO NOT CANIBUS NOBODY IS SEEING CROOKED I PERIOD

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 12:28:56 AM »
kurupts good but most of his shit after death row gets annoying to me

STREETZ AND KURUPTION ARE ANNOYING TO YOU?? WTF??  ::) ???

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 12:30:06 AM »
kurupts good but most of his shit after death row gets annoying to me

LOL@ at a guy with a B-Legit Avatar saying Kurupt is annoying. Legit could be the worst rapper alive, hes so basic and awful now...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 12:33:41 AM »
BUT.....

-he did songs with the best of the east (pete rock nas jay-z killah priest inspectah deck krs-1 lost boyz gangstarr canibus buckshot red/meth busta rhymes etc etc)
-

he brought sooo much good music out for the fans, he did so much for the rapgame

real spit...The thing u said about great rappers that are boring, thats how i feel about Rass Kass, but Bis i can listen to him all day all night, but i can see how some ppl couldnt finish his album, but i think hes amazing. But if i was gonna give someone a cd that wasnt a hip hop head, Kurupt is more listenable cuz hes got those gfunk beats to go with the crazy lyrics, bis never got the right production...

The Best of 3 Worlds

smegma

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »
Same Day Different Shit sucks balls and he didn't even sell out. Therefore he isn't the best rapper of all time. Kurupt in his prime was arguably one of the best of all time, but he had a few years where he couldn't do anything right.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
BUT.....

-

real spit...The thing u said about great rappers that are boring, thats how i feel about Rass Kass, but Bis i can listen to him all day all night, but i can see how some ppl couldnt finish his album, but i think hes amazing. But if i was gonna give someone a cd that wasnt a hip hop head, Kurupt is more listenable cuz hes got those gfunk beats to go with the crazy lyrics, bis never got the right production...

For example compare STREETZ to 2000 BC both very lyrical but Kurupt just had WAY Better songs. I think Bis ripped it a lil more lyriucally but yeah id rather listen to Streetz, only 2 songs on 2000 bc had REALLY Strong prodcution too many dull beats, u know hes gonna spit raw but So is Kurupt with tight beats. I feel bad Bis never got the right production. Actually Rip the Jacker was the best prodcution he ever got, if that had been his first album i think he would have blown up. Poet Laurette II is a fuckin amazing track Wow...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 12:37:59 AM »
Same Day Different Shit sucks balls and he didn't even sell out. Therefore he isn't the best rapper of all time. Kurupt in his prime was arguably one of the best of all time, but he had a few years where he couldn't do anything right.

Thatz it and Push Bacc was put out around the same time as SDDS and that shit was banging, he could do a few things right. The best rapper of all time can be argued forever...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Johnny B

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »

pros

- entertaining
- freestyle beast

cons

REALEST THING SAID ON HERE!! Everytime he gets away from Daz's fat ass he sounds so much better...Daz is so awful that i think Kurupt feels like no matter what he can outshine daz on any verse anytime anywhere, Daz doesnt challenge him or help him raise his game...LOL@ ppl a few years ago sayin Daz was better then Kurupt GIVE ME A FUCCIN BREAK!

exactly. that's why I was a big fan of Kurupt when they were beefin'. lol

EFFeX

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »

I highly disagree there were some bangers on that album for sure!