Author Topic: Tech N9ne Prepares To Sell 'A Milli'  (Read 245 times)

Elano

Tech N9ne Prepares To Sell 'A Milli'
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:33:32 AM »
Kansas City emcee Tech N9ne has remained a chart contender throughout his career, most of which has been spent on independent labels. After recently touring with Paul Wall on the Fire & Ice Tour [click to read], as well as gearing up to co-release Ill Bill's [click to read] highly-anticipated album Hour of Reprisal [click to read], Tech N9ne will be releasing his Killer album July 1st. According to Tech N9ne's publicist, the album is projected to soon push the veteran over the million mark for his career, a feat reported to be a first.
Although the rapper would not confirm the precise amount needed to sell of Killer to reach the one million benchmark in independent sales, Tech's effort from last year, Misery Loves Company, sold a reported 67,000 copies. Catalogue highlights include 2001's Anghelic, which was released on the now defunct Jcor Records and 2002's Absolute Power, which scanned over 250,000 units, released on the artist's own Strange Music imprint.
Killer, which includes a mock-up of Michael Jackson's Thriller cover, features appearances from Ice Cube, Scarface [click to read] and Paul Wall.

Tech N9ne has been releasing music since 1999. He began his career signed to Quincy Jones' Qwest label, working with Jones' producer son QDIII. In the years since, the independent artist has toured and recorded extensively, also serving as a member with Yukmouth and Dru Down in The Regime. The rapper's most mainstream success came from 1999's Sway & Tech single "The Anthem" alongside numerous other talents, including Eminem and RZA.

hhdx

OchoCinco

Re: Tech N9ne Prepares To Sell 'A Milli'
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »
hes commin to a place liek 2hrs away from me man...pickin up tickets real soon i cant wait man shits gunna be nuts 8)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »
He's cancelled 2 str8 shows over here cuz of the wack ass club promoters.
His problem is when he comes to Fresno he goes to shitty run down places like the Crest, he should be hitting up places like Warnors theatre or the Starline..nevertheless I am a fan and will be supporting him.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »
Cant wait for the album!!!

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 05:48:58 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »
cant wait for the album, congrats to tech.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

kuruptDPG

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »
tech is a real nigga. cant wait for the album