Author Topic: "L.A.X" NEWS STRAIGHT FROM BILLBOARD.COM  (Read 1213 times)

EFFeX

Re: "L.A.X" NEWS STRAIGHT FROM BILLBOARD.COM
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 03:49:08 PM »
Alright after reading about the producers on this album, I'll retract my statement from before. As long as the beats are straight, everything else should come together smoothly.

Nigga Witta Attitude

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »
The Game returns to the cracked pavement, the album's street single, "Dope Boys," with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker showing off his own trap work on the track. The song is produced by rising L.A. stars 1500 or Nothin'. An accompanying video is in the works.

Elsewhere, LAX shows off The Game's best talents. Lil' Wayne checks in on "My Life," produced by Cool & Dre. Chicago stands up on "Angel" with Kanye West at the helm and Common on the mic. Meanwhile, Ne-Yo blesses a pair of songs: "Camera Phone" also from Cool & Dre, as well as J.R. Rotem's "A Thug and a Gentleman." Scott Storch cooks up two summer sizzlers: "Let Us Live" featuring Chrissette Michelle and "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes.

Hip-hop greats Ice Cube -- "State of Emergency" by J.R.Rotem -- and Raekwon -- Jellyroll's "Bulletproof Diaries" -- likewise weigh in. R&B is equally well represented: Bilal on "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz, and Raheem DeVaughn on "Touchdown." Nottz also lays the licks for loudmouth Ludacris on the appropriately titled "Ya Heard." Other songs of note include "Nice" by Irv Gotti, "House of Pain" by anthemic Atlantan DJ Toomp, and "Letter to the King" produced by Hi-Tek.

Quite a mouthful. But that's the Game's specialty: giving the audience more than it can possibly handle. Come July 22, LAX is set to raise the bar. Again. The Game is most definitely on.

---

Bit more info

Props. Here's the credits so far: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=184128.msg1880754#msg1880754

some of those songs has not been confirmed for this album though, like "Big Dreams" (Game said he was unsure), "Street Rydaz" (not confirmed to be on this album because he mentioned this track 1-2 years ago, not while me was makin LAX though) and shit like that 

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »
he gonna make a track a la roger troutman / lil wayne-lollipop   aka talkbox

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »
producer and features look sick, "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz and the Cube track sound the best, hopefully jellyroll will come with something bangin on the Hard Liqour tip

D~Nice

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »
The Game returns to the cracked pavement, the album's street single, "Dope Boys," with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker showing off his own trap work on the track. The song is produced by rising L.A. stars 1500 or Nothin'. An accompanying video is in the works.

Elsewhere, LAX shows off The Game's best talents. Lil' Wayne checks in on "My Life," produced by Cool & Dre. Chicago stands up on "Angel" with Kanye West at the helm and Common on the mic. Meanwhile, Ne-Yo blesses a pair of songs: "Camera Phone" also from Cool & Dre, as well as J.R. Rotem's "A Thug and a Gentleman." Scott Storch cooks up two summer sizzlers: "Let Us Live" featuring Chrissette Michelle and "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes.

Hip-hop greats Ice Cube -- "State of Emergency" by J.R.Rotem -- and Raekwon -- Jellyroll's "Bulletproof Diaries" -- likewise weigh in. R&B is equally well represented: Bilal on "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz, and Raheem DeVaughn on "Touchdown." Nottz also lays the licks for loudmouth Ludacris on the appropriately titled "Ya Heard." Other songs of note include "Nice" by Irv Gotti, "House of Pain" by anthemic Atlantan DJ Toomp, and "Letter to the King" produced by Hi-Tek.

Quite a mouthful. But that's the Game's specialty: giving the audience more than it can possibly handle. Come July 22, LAX is set to raise the bar. Again. The Game is most definitely on.

---

Bit more info

Props. Here's the credits so far: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=184128.msg1880754#msg1880754

I bet that the Cube/J.R. track will be the best, shame that JellyRoll is producing the Raekwon joint. There better be some Just Blaze and Khalil beats on it, good to see Nottz and Hi-Tek again (Letter To The King sounds like another emotinal track).

I got faith in Jellyroll if he is making something like Cold World or Bang on Game's last album.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »
Damn...album sounds like it'll be a banger just like the past 2. I expect nothing less from The Game  8)
Hopefully he got atleast one joint from Timbaland on there too...Put You On The Game was dope

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
Damn...album sounds like it'll be a banger just like the past 2. I expect nothing less from The Game  8)
Hopefully he got atleast one joint from Timbaland on there too...Put You On The Game was dope

Real Talk

SoilSavy707

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »
How come he doesn't feature some more West Coast artists? The lineup looks decent, but nothing spectacular. However, the list of producers looks promising. Wheres Clyde Carson at? Wouldn't this be a good time to get him some exposure?

Nigga Witta Attitude

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »
How come he doesn't feature some more West Coast artists? The lineup looks decent, but nothing spectacular. However, the list of producers looks promising. Wheres Clyde Carson at? Wouldn't this be a good time to get him some exposure?

its not a must to have west coast artist on there..youre right about the clyde carson thing though but you ppl expect the westcoast rappers to have westcoast producers and westcoast features
yet no one in ny complains the much about the same shit and neither does the south niggas.

good music is good music. what if game isnt really feelin alot of these westcoast dudes? without game u wouldnt know who nipsey hussle was, jay rock, juice, ya boy, k-dot, clyde carson, glasses malone
and shit like that, hes done alot already.

ive noticed though how ppl on this board barely checks for the artist, they more focused on a new quick/battlecat/dre etc beat and hope that their favorite rapper is on the album so they can hear a new verse. this is a GAME album not a
snoop, not a jay rock, not a ya boy, not a dj quick, not a glasses album BIATCH so if anybody wants a new Quik beat, a Crooked I album, a Dre album then wait for a new album in Nevuary.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:32:30 AM by Nigga Witta Attitude »

EFFeX

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »

its not a must to have west coast artist on there..youre right about the clyde carson thing though but you ppl expect the westcoast rappers to have westcoast producers and westcoast features
yet no one in ny complains the much about the same shit and neither does the south niggas.

good music is good music. what if game isnt really feelin alot of these westcoast dudes? without game u wouldnt know who nipsey hussle was, jay rock, juice, ya boy, k-dot, clyde carson, glasses malone

ive noticed though how ppl on this board barely checks for the artist, they more focused on a new quick/battlecat/dre etc beat and hope that their favorite rapper is on the album so they can hear a new verse. this is a GAME album not a
snoop, not a jay rock, not a ya boy, not a dj quick, not a glasses album BIATCH so if anybody wants a new Quik beat, a Crooked I album, a Dre album then wait for a new album in Nevuary.

At the same time, Game is one of the few artists out there keeping the West relevant right now, it'd be nice to see him reach out more to these artists. Your right, good music is good music, but good music is necessarily defined by "what's hot right now".

SoilSavy707

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »

I understand what you are saying that this is a Game album. I think it is important to look forward to the actual artist and what he has done himeself on their album. However, it just seems like the west fails to expose their own talents on a major level. Game has the connections to put the spotlight on some of these other dudes. What is wrong with wanting a Game track featuring Ya Boy and Clyde Carson? The west coast used to feature and help each other out, but when you have a whole record without showcasing other west artists or even artists in your own camp, what good has that done for showing the industry what kind of talent the west has to offer? I am guessing "LAX" will be some good shit, and will be picking that up, because I think Game brings his A game to all his records.

Nigga Witta Attitude

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

At the same time, Game is one of the few artists out there keeping the West relevant right now, it'd be nice to see him reach out more to these artists. Your right, good music is good music, but good music is necessarily defined by "what's hot right now".

yeah i feel u on that but u know what i mean, some of these dudes be like "man where the fuck is that [insert rappers name] collabo? and why doesnt Game reach out more to westcoast producers like [instert producers name], man fuck lax" and shit like that or "[insert artist name]?? man he/shes wack wtf is Game doin, he should put Nate Dogg/Butch Cassidy on it instead" and shit like that. And alot of these westcoast rappers barely acknowledge him or what hes done so why should he reach out to em? they stay dissin him or taking shots at him anyway.

like i said most of these dudes doesnt wanna hear the artist they only wanna hear a new verse from their favorite rapper or new beats from their favorite dj.

u got this fool "kurupt4life" who said Game aint reppin the westcoast because he didnt have westcoast producers on his album? wtf is that?

and to 187_gangsta_crip

NAS IS ON THE ALBUM

To SoilSavy707

Yeah i feel u but like i said without Game would ppl even know who Spider Loc is? Jay Rock? Clyde Carson, Juice, K-Dot & Glasses?? NO
so he shouldnt have to do more than that they have to put out better music and start collaboratin with other artist and WORK HARDER. U hear 2 tracks in 2 months from most of these new west artists and then they disappear for months. And most of them are fucking dumb, they actually want ppl to BUY their mixtapes when ppl outside the westcoast/internet barely know who they are.

wtf are they doin? they just tryna get payed quick. like spider loc, jay rock & k-dot (even though they one of my favorites) and a few others with the exception of ppl like Crooked, Ya Boy and Bishop when it comes to new west artists.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:27:31 AM by Nigga Witta Attitude »

H.O.V.A.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
damn i thought he recorded with timbo and just blaze,too?wasnt there even a rumour about a blaze-produced single?
tracklist looks promising though :o