Author Topic: CELTICS PARADE TOMOROW CUZZ  (Read 152 times)

blue crew

• 'G'
CELTICS PARADE TOMOROW CUZZ
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »
What will Kobe be doing? probably crying at his house like the bitch he is. or blamin all his teammates for him missing 14 of his last 17 shots. i bet that bitch threw a mariah carey tantrum last night before crying himself to sleep wishin for a big man like shaq to carry him again. kobe without a center = t mac/dirk nowitzki

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3450222

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Celtics are latest Boston team to get championship parade
ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- Boston's streets will be crowded again with screaming fans celebrating a championship -- but this time they'll be wearing green.

Mayor Tom Menino announced plans Wednesday for a "rolling rally" at 11 a.m. Thursday to celebrate the Boston Celtics' win over the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. The parade will start at the TD Banknorth Garden and wind its way through downtown to Copley Square. The parade will also be broadcast on a Jumbotron in Copley Square and Boston Common.

Sixteen World War II-era amphibious "duck boats" will carry the Celtics players, owners and staff. The team's dancers, former Celtics greats and championship trophies from previous years will ride on two flatbed trucks.

City officials urged the hundreds of thousands of fans expected to attend the parade to use public transportation, with streets around the route closed to traffic beginning at 9:30 a.m.

"I'm happy for the Celtics and the city of Boston," Larry Bird said Wednesday. "I know what it means to win a championship as a Celtic and the place championships hold in the history of the franchise. I'm also pleased for Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers and his staff, knowing where they were last year and then making the decisions to put them in position to win the team's 17th title."

The city has held five other championship parades since 2002 -- three when the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and two when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. The last one was on Oct. 30, after the Red Sox swept the Colorado Rockies.

But Celtics fans haven't had much to cheer since 1986, the final time Larry Bird and Boston won the NBA championship. That all changed Tuesday night, when Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen helped secure the franchise's 17th championship.

"We're a city of champions," Menino said. "We are Title Town."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: CELTICS PARADE TOMOROW CUZZ
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
LOL`c
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
Congrats...you guys got another fan on your bandwaggon. :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »

WANNA COME TO THE PARADE WITHM E???
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:51 PM »

WANNA COME TO THE PARADE WITHM E???

Sure...can I bring an AK-47?