Author Topic: I gave up on Giullen to early.... He's almost up to .300, earning his pay  (Read 162 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
After starting out the season with a .170 average after a couple months, I gave up on the highest paid player in Royals history.

But Giullen is earning that money now.  He's became a team leader on and off the field, he called out the young guys for being babies, and then just started going on a tear....

Dude is on fire.  Is 4th in the RBI race in the AL and nearly has his average up to .300

Ya'll were right... I gave up on him too early, I will gladly eat my words.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just looking up his stats and I saw his OBP is only .310 so obviously he's hardly getting any base on balls and there I see he has 7 walks to 57 strike outs.   :o

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just looking up his stats and I saw his OBP is only .310 so obviously he's hardly getting any base on balls and there I see he has 7 walks to 57 strike outs.   :o

Welll... that's a good observation.... but did u notice this when you looked up his stats?...

-Leads American league in doubles

-One of the AL leaders in RBI's (and that's saying a lot considering he bats clean-up for the worst hitting team in baseball)

-over the last couple months he's been one of the hottest hitters in baseball

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I noticed that.   He's up to 3rd in the AL in RBI's.  He's definitely got back on track.
It would be nice if he could strike out a hell of lot less and get on base more.  It's killing his OPS (On-base Percentage plus Slugging), he's 70th in the majors, your lead off hitter DeJesus is higher up that list (49th). 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I noticed that.   He's up to 3rd in the AL in RBI's.  He's definitely got back on track.
It would be nice if he could strike out a hell of lot less and get on base more.  It's killing his OPS (On-base Percentage plus Slugging), he's 70th in the majors, your lead off hitter DeJesus is higher up that list (49th). 

Speaking of DeJesus he's playing great this year, and is the future of the Royals along with closer Joakim Soria who I think is even better than Rivera, he's 20 for 21 in save appearances.

But back to Guillen, I don't know much about his carear before being signed to the Royals as a free agent this year, but is that normal for him to have that many strikeouts and so few walks?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
That OBP makes me sick. As Charles Barkley would say, "Thats turrible"

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
like i said...sometimes these guys just need warmer weather than they start hitting better  ;D...
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I knew he would bounce back, but that contract still isn't worth it.