Author Topic: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread  (Read 4057 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 06:50:09 AM »
But against England you could have a telephone box as gk and  still win.  Plus we're invincible in shootouts.
1. Lol, well put :laugh:
2. No one's invincible :) But I know that traditionally, you're very strong. But yeah, the Portuguese are not England either

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »
Germany
Croatia
Holland
Spain

...My favorites.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 07:09:07 AM »
I rather think the Potugal germany game will be close, if we somehow manage to get to the penalty kicks, we will beat portugal (I'm sure lunatic can remember Schalke vs Porto in the cl :P)
penalty kicks would be exciting; Germany may have a LIL edge as far as shooters go, but there's nothing wrong with Ronaldo, Deco, Simao, and I have faith in Mountinho, Gomes & Petit, Carvalho and Pepe aren't half bad either

were we really have the advantage is in goal, Ricardo is one heck of a penalty shot saver.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 07:10:17 AM »
I rather think the Potugal germany game will be close, if we somehow manage to get to the penalty kicks, we will beat portugal (I'm sure lunatic can remember Schalke vs Porto in the cl :P)
penalty kicks would be exciting; Germany may have a LIL edge as far as shooters go, but there's nothing wrong with Ronaldo, Deco, Simao, and I have faith in Mountinho, Gomes & Petit, Carvalho and Pepe aren't half bad either

were we really have the advantage is in goal, Ricardo is one heck of a penalty shot saver.

Nothing wrong with Ronaldo in penalty shootouts? :-X

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »

no there isn't..i am not a fan of his little stutter step that he always does (i find that should be banned, messes with the goalie a bit to much)..what are u basing it off? him missing the penalty in CL? he's been a great penalty shooter for Portugal over the time (against england twice) and for man united.

smegma

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 07:16:59 AM »

no there isn't..i am not a fan of his little stutter step that he always does (i find that should be banned, messes with the goalie a bit to much)..what are u basing it off? him missing the penalty in CL? he's been a great penalty shooter for Portugal over the time (against england twice) and for man united.

He missed in another CL game too. Germany will smell their chance if he takes a penalty.

I'd rather see the game end in regular time though :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »

He missed in another CL game too. Germany will smell their chance if he takes a penalty.

I'd rather see the game end in regular time though :-\

he is a rather good penalty taker though.

I'd also rather see the game end in regular time, penalties make me too nervous lol; we are just discussing penalties because dr jan itor brought up the possibility

on another note if i was Scolari, Germany is a MUCH bigger and stronger team than us and that really scares me on set pieces; they're average height is 6'1

i would start Veloso over Mountinho (the czech goal off a header on us was due to Mountinho's poor set piece defending due to his small size) and possibly Quaresma/Nani over the under sized Simao (as much as i love simao, he is extremely tiny; i'd only make this move though if quaresma/nani promised not 2 dive as much as they do, if they do, its a waste of a move).

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 07:56:45 AM »
^scratch that, Scolari has said it will be the same lineup that defeated Turkey & Czech

I really hope we defend the set pieces well :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
Frings and Podolski might be out with injury  :-X
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 08:23:17 AM »
my fingers are crossed lol

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
POR 2 - 1 GER
CRO 3 - 1 TUR  (REMEMBER TURKEY IS NOT GONNA HAVE THEIR STARTING GOALIE, OTHERWISE THIS GAME WOULD'VE BEEN CLOSER)
NED 3 - 1 RUS
SPA 2 - 1 ITA

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 08:57:07 AM »
2 hours and 45 minutes til game time!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »
That's definitely bad for you guys. Heard about it too

smegma

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »
CRO 3 - 1 TUR (REMEMBER THAT TURKEY'S STARTING GOALIE IS OUT! GAME WOULD'VE BEEN CLOSER OTHERWISE)

Yeah! Cause Rustu is an unreliable goalie who's never played a good game in his life. He'll slip at least twice, like Cech!! ::)

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
^Croatia should still take care of Turkey though.