Author Topic: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread  (Read 4059 times)

Lunatic

Re: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
ADIOS ITALIA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just for the record, they didn't beat Italy.  ;D
the team which advances past the team it just played is usually the winner.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
What a waste of time was this game ...

Are you surprised? C'mon, i think it was pretty clear Spain was gunna be the team attacking and Italy the team defending. It ain't easy to beat Italy after the group stage. It's a known thing. The only way to do it tonight was on penalty.

wcsoldier

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »

Are you surprised? C'mon, i think it was pretty clear Spain was gunna be the team attacking and Italy the team defending. It ain't easy to beat Italy after the group stage. It's a known thing. The only way to do it tonight was on penalty.
of course I ain't surprised but I've never seen Italy so careless about even tryin to create some offense ... and for an Italian team , that said a lot about this game LOL ...

Lunatic

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
^very true :laugh:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »
Anyway... how did you guys like my man Giorgio Chiellini from Juventus? He's imho the best defender in Italy at the moment and one of the top-5 in the world. Very underrated, but tonight you had an idea of how good this guy is. And he's still 23.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »
Ciao Italy ;) :raisetheroof:

Viva España 8)

Chiellini is a good player.

kemizt

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
Anyway... how did you guys like my man Giorgio Chiellini from Juventus? He's imho the best defender in Italy at the moment and one of the top-5 in the world. Very underrated, but tonight you had an idea of how good this guy is. And he's still 23.

number 4? if so, he was pretty good indeed.

wcsoldier

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »
yep he DID prevent a lot of "easy" opportunities to score for Spain ...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »

of course I ain't surprised but I've never seen Italy so careless about even tryin to create some offense ... and for an Italian team , that said a lot about this game LOL ...

Italy is just like France: a team with an horrible manager, that needs to be re-built again from zero. Now Lippi will probably back in his place, and be ready for the next World Cup, cause we will back.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »

number 4? if so, he was pretty good indeed.

Yeah, number 4.

The dumb Donadoni benched him against Holland.

wcsoldier

« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »

Italy is just like France: a team with an horrible manager, that needs to be re-built again from zero. Now Lippi will probably back in his place, and be ready for the next World Cup, cause we will back.
I agree ... Lippi and probably Deschamps will both upgrade the level of their team ... Donadoni is weak and Domenech is the worst national team coach in the history of football ...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »

I agree ... Lippi and probably Deschamps will both upgrade the level of their team ... Donadoni is weak and Domenech is the worst national team coach in the history of football ...

Or viceversa.

wcsoldier

« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

Or viceversa.
Domenech can't be taken seriously .. I mean even y'all foreign folks who don't follow the French team are well aware of that ... what moron doesn't select Trezeguet, Mexes ; Clichy AND asks her girlfriend on the national TV after the defeat against Italy " Will you marry me, I need you in these hard times "

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Brilliant. >:( ;D ;D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
Yeah, after this game, I'm kind of glad it's over for Italy. I really am. First off, this Spanish team might have had a very hard time today, but they were clearly better, they could have scored hadn't it been for some bad luck and a referee who can go and suck a dick, not because he favored anyone or something, but just for being plain bad. The squadra is too old, and without Cannavaro the price they had to pay for safe defending was sacrificing the offense, so what we saw tonight was the type of cattenaccio crap that would've made Cesare Maldini proud and that I was glad Lippi at least partly gave up on. It was weak, timid, slow, unimaginitive and boring, I dislike defensive football in general, but a team can use rather defensive tactics and still look good on counter attacks, which this team failed to do.

The Spanish weren't brillant, but they did a decent job trying to break through that wall and it's a pity they didn't succeed, that might have woken the Italians up and made for a better game, but it just wouldn't happen. Granted, they didn't have too many great ideas, but they got close and they could have gotten a penalty kick at some point. It's really cool to watch this Spanish team and I blame the Italians for 90% of all the boredom tonight.

It's good to see Donadoni go, I agree he's the 2nd worst coach out there, second only to Domenech. I wouldn't mind Lippi coming back at all, he shaped the campioni-del-mondo team of '06 and I think he's capable of re-shaping what's left of it.

And again, fuck Herbert Fandel. He did a shitty job. The game was not particularly unfair in general, both teams were being pretty cool with each other, so you can't say they gave him a hard time. Still, he fucked up where he could. He kept on constantly intrerrupting the game and taking the last bit of flow it might have had from it, inventing fouls when he was bored so he could blow his whistle. He overlooked fouls where he should have seen them. He gave David Villa a yellow for a "dive" that was merely a slip, and for which Villa didn't even want to get a penalty. He pulled pointless tough-guy shit talking to Torres, which probably made him feel better about himself...I really hope that was the last we've seen of him in a while.