Author Topic: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread  (Read 4050 times)

Lunatic

Re: Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »
don't worry Kill, a lot of English/Holland people hate Portugal I think because they are getting so used to us eliminating them in major tournaments, it drives them up the wall.

As for the hate on Ronaldo, the best player in his respective sport usually has his fair share of haters, no biggie.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:40 AM »
As for the hate on Ronaldo, the best player in his respective sport usually has his fair share of haters, no biggie.

He's one of the best, but THE best? come on now...

And I don't recall anybody disliking Zinedine Zidane ;)

Lunatic

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2008, 07:30:02 AM »

and who is the best? it is clearly him and he will get the award for player of the year.

smegma

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2008, 07:39:44 AM »

and who is the best? it is clearly him and he will get the award for player of the year.

of course... CLEARLY.

C. Ronaldo is extremely the best, ^no doubt

I don't think there is one player that can be called the best right now.

:argue:

Lunatic

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2008, 07:40:50 AM »

of course... CLEARLY.

C. Ronaldo is extremely the best, ^no doubt

I don't think there is one player that can be called the best right now.

:argue:

answer me homie, who do u feel is the best?

smegma

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 07:41:37 AM »
lol, did you even read my post before you replied?

Lunatic

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »
lol, did you even read my post before you replied?
my bad, thought u said couldn't be "another" player called the best besides C.ronaldo and i took it as a hint of sarcasm (since the rest of the post was).

Well someone has to get the award and it will be CR7

'EclipZe

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2008, 08:12:42 AM »
don't worry Kill, a lot of English/Holland people hate Portugal I think because they are getting so used to us eliminating them in major tournaments, it drives them up the wall.

we just hate him on his character, not on his skills. they guy is bitch made

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »

exactly, he's crying like a bitch all the time, seen him miss that penalty with Manchester??

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:48 AM »

exactly.

Lunatic

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »
still the best in the world.

i know the English hate him for "giving" Rooney that red card in world cup 06 ::)  (ronaldo gave em that red, it wasnt cause rooney stomped on carvalho's nuts and then shoved ronaldo)

lol at that, just another scapegoat for a disappointing English tournament :laugh:

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »

for real I don't think you can call anybody the best player now. There are too many good players.
I mean last year it was Kaka, before that Ronaldinho was considered the best for 2-3 years, but nobody could dominate football for 5+ years like Zidane did. He was the best this year, but you can't call him best player in his sport. Next year it will probably be Messi or anybody else

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What a wonderful picture, good job germany
That's an old picture nothing to do with Germany...although, 7even, do you know when it was actually taken?

I do think that Ronaldo's the best player out there at the moment. Just lay off the bitch-made shit for a second, no one is denying that, not even Lunatic, so why do you come up with that in a discussion about his skills? That's like "Yeah, Ronaldinho used to be great, BUT DID YOU SEE THE NIGGA'S TEETH?!?". Any of you guys claiming he's not the best out there at the moment, or just that there is no single best player, say some names......? Who else is up there?

As for the '06 red card, Ronaldo might have made a fuss about that, but Rooney was a scumbag. You just don't step on people's nuts unless you don't have any yourself. I hate it when homosoccerthugs act like that makes Ronaldo a bitch and Rooney was straight gangsta. Then again, Lunatic brought that up himself here and so no one really said anything like that in this thread, I just know I heard it before. Some English are good at being crybabies as well, anyways.

Oh yeah, and Zidane was great, no doubt, but I always felt he was slightly overrated and I never really liked him. Ok, he's French. Still, I used to admire him in earlier years, I loved his style around '98-'00, but the longer he was around, the less dominant he became and many people would still act as if a successful 10-metre backward pass to his own goal keeper was a fucking miracle, long as it came from Zidane. That's when it deteriorated. And the way he went out was just pathetic, whatever Materazzi said. If there's any way of proving you lack the greatness of a true leader, it's letting down your team in the 110th minute of a World Cup Final because of having to be a little soccer pitch thug.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
well, Kaka is up with Ronaldo. Robben is also on the same level, And give Messi another 2 years and he will likely if he as good (of course if he's not injured all the time). There are several players who are not skillwise up there with Ronaldo, or don't get the same attention because they play different/ are not circus players.
Is Ronaldo skills wise the best player "at the moment"?  probably
Is he the best player in the world? Nah, I think not.

He was the best player this season, he was the main factor for Man Utd's success, and his developpment  was crazy, but still

I judge players by their performance over 3+ years + their success, and not by their skills. Dude's 23, and you call him the best player in the world.LOL He isn't gone through all the depths and higths of football, if he's through that we'll see if he's a true player. Owen also was also as one of the best players at that age and look what happened to him. I told Elano about Ibrahimovic the same. Yes he has some serious skills, but has he ever proved with consistent performance to be top 5 in the world? Hell nah
If you continue that way, you'll have 3-5 best 'player of the world' in the next few years.
If you'd asked one year ago, 60-80 % would've said "Oh Kaka, he is really the best player at the moment"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:56:45 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

Lunatic

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
^I'm positive Ronaldo will keep it up barring major injury