Author Topic: Euro 2008 Semi Finals Thread  (Read 1098 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Euro 2008 Semi Finals Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Oh yeah, and 7even better replace Ballack with Lahm. Ballack still hasn't done shit in the whole tournament except for a good free kick and an irregular goal.

Lahm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> overrated ass Ballack

don't know why you hatin' so much on Ballack. Lahm was with lehmann the worst player today (xcept for the goal of course)
Lahm wasn't that bad, he would've gotten a freekick/penalty (not sure, I think it was freekick, but very close - he kinda fell into the box there) if Busacca hadn't been asleep in that situation, he scored (and basically created) the 3-2 and he did some decent stuff. What's true is that he was kind of overchallenged with the Turkish offense and he should have gotten a yellow at some point.

As for Ballack, fair enough, I might be hating on him a little. Has to be said, I do acknowledge he's a very good and important player for the German team and he has leadership skills that make him irreplaceable. What I just don't get is how people keep acting like he's some Zidane-style creative genius, he simply isn't. He's a very solid player and important for the German team and Chelsea, but he just isn't a creative genius or the guy with the big ideas and that's where I think he's dramatically overrated.

I'm not hating on y'all by the way. The word "schmeichelhaft" might have come to my mind earlier this evening, but then to be honest truth is Turkey beat Turkey and so Turkey has lost this game. The fact that Germany hence won it is a side effect.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:03:09 PM by Kill »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
FIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :D ;D :o :laugh: :P :-*

8)

You can laugh, you can party, you can smile and you can even win... but you will always remain German. Whatever you do, you always lose ;)

:P

wish we could play against you now, but you fucked up again...

Kinda undeserved imo. I think the Turks would have easily taken it, had they had their normal line-up. They've been great entertainers though.

yup we were lucky, was very disappointed again, but who gives a fuck ;D 7 World Cup Finals + 6 Euro Finals= Germany= Winner-Team

Elevz

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
^^ Well, that's one way to look at it. Indeed, the Germans were more effective and more skilled. The Turks put up well though, but they simply lack the quality to really overrun their opponents. They have the will to win, but that doesn't necessarily pay off. It did plenty of times, but this time it failed.

The Germans however, are very... German. They haven't really impressed in one match (although they deserved to beat Portugal), and still they made it to the final. That's how Germans play football. That's how you win.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 03:12:03 PM »
Oh yeah, and 7even better replace Ballack with Lahm. Ballack still hasn't done shit in the whole tournament except for a good free kick and an irregular goal.

don't know why you hatin' so much on Ballack. Lahm was with lehmann the worst player today (xcept for the goal of course)
Lahm wasn't that bad, he would've gotten a freekick/penalty (not sure, I think it was freekick, but very close - he kinda fell into the box there) if Busacca hadn't been asleep in that situation, he scored (and basically created) the 3-2 and he did some decent stuff. What's true is that he was kind of overchallenged with the Turkish offense and he should have gotten a yellow at some point.

As for Ballack, fair enough, I might be hating on him a little. Has to be said, I do acknowledge he's a very good and important player for the German team and he has leadership skills that make him irreplaceable. What I just don't get is how people keep acting like he's some Zidane-style creative genius, he simply isn't. He's a very solid player and important for the German team and Chelsea, but he just isn't a creative genius or the guy with the big ideas and that's where I think he's dramatically overrated.

I'm not hating on y'all by the way. The word "schmeichelhaft" might have come to my mind earlier this evening, but then to be honest truth is Turkey beat Turkey and so Turkey has lost this game. The fact that Germany hence won it is a side effect.

I completely disagree with you here. Ballack is everything but a leader. He is very important because he scores many important goals, but his only leader competence is his complaining.And I don't know who claimed that he is a creative genius, maybe the media? But somehow I can understand the hype since he's the only world class player atm. I could agree with your last sentence if you cross out "dramatically".
By the way schmeichelhaft fits perfect
And the Lahm situation wasn't a penalty
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:14:50 PM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
lahm cant even fukin defend.. he cudnt defend himself wid an ak47 against a toddler..

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »
lahm cant even fukin defend.. he cudnt defend himself wid an ak47 against a toddler..

nah hes one of the best defenders in the world but i agree he sucked today
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »
^ defensively, he kinda did suck I guess, maybe I myself didn't pay enough attention to his defending. But he was 90% responsible for the goal that wrapped things up and he had some more good scenes in offense.

I completely disagree with you here. Ballack is everything but a leader. He is very important because he scores many important goals, but his only leader competence is his complaining.And I don't know who claimed that he is a creative genius, maybe the media? But somehow I can understand the hype since he's the only world class player atm. I could agree with your last sentence if you cross out "dramatically".
By the way schmeichelhaft fits perfect
And the Lahm situation wasn't a penalty

Ok, you seem to have a pretty clear look at things for a fan, have a prop :D

1. Well, Ballack's not one hell of a leader on the pitch, it's more his persona. I don't like him. His bitching about every second referee decision is on a par with Ronaldo's crying. But he's the guy that speaks for the team, that motivates people, etc. That's what I mean by it. He doesn't lead a team by the way he plays, but he's the guy in the spotlight and he knows how to deal with that. As for his part in being a creative player, there's been some media/sports commentator/fan hype about this. I've heard and read it a bunch of times and I don't see how the idea came up in the first place. And as for "dramatically", I guess that depends on whom you listen to. But when you see people act like he's some German Zidane, I'm sticking with that very adverb :)

2. Yeah, I think dude's leg hit him just outside the box, but I only saw that from the 2nd replay. It was hella close

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »

1. Well, Ballack's not one hell of a leader on the pitch, it's more his persona. I don't like him. His bitching about every second referee decision is on a par with Ronaldo's crying. But he's the guy that speaks for the team, that motivates people, etc. That's what I mean by it. He doesn't lead a team by the way he plays, but he's the guy in the spotlight and he knows how to deal with that. As for his part in being a creative player, there's been some media/sports commentator/fan hype about this. I've heard and read it a bunch of times and I don't see how the idea came up in the first place. And as for "dramatically", I guess that depends on whom you listen to. But when you see people act like he's some German Zidane, I'm sticking with that very adverb :)

[/quote]

well, I guess the fan thingy is the same like you and Jay-Z ;D I'm not a diehard NM fan because 1.we play crappy most of the time. I guess it comes from my father, he is always extremely critical about the german team. Second thing is that I don't feel the NM the way I feel for my club Borussia Dortmund. it isn't the same. And I'm also pissed about all these bandwagon fans who don't give a fuck about football but act like they're the biggest fans and football experts, all they wanna do is partying and that's the only reason they come out of their holes. Shit dramatically increased here since '06.

to Ballack:  ballack can play like a leader, for example he's very aggressive, he can fight, but he has not the personality of a leader. He tries hard to appear as a leader, since all people expect it from him (that shit started already when he played his first season for Bayern), but it's not his personality and therefore he isn't very authentic and convincing. In the World Cup 2002 he seemed to be a good leader, but we had Kahn there too who was the real leader. We had some great leaders in the past, like Effenberg, Sammer or matthäus, Kahn etc. and I don't think he's on their level in terms of "leadership". A leader is usually more of an asshole, maybe Ballack is an asshole too, but not that type of asshole. ;D I'll never forget how Effenberg pushed Bayern in all those CL games whenever they we're losing, he always brought them back with his rage and shit. And I don't see that Ballack has the same effect on his teammates. We'll see if he can prove me wrong on Sunday 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
YO HOW BOUT MY BAYERN MUNICH NIGGAS AGAIN??
FIRST GOAL: ASSIST PODOLSKI - GOAL SCHWEINSTEIGER
SECOND GOAL: ASSIST LAHM - GOAL KLOSE
THIRD GOAL: LAHM
THEM NIGGAS WAS KILLING IT AGAIN!!! WORD??!
YEAH BUT OVERALL I ADMIT GERMANY DIDN'T PLAY SO GOOD!! BUT LET'S NOT FORGET THAT LEHMANN IS THE WORST KEEPER OF THE TOURNAMENT!!! GERMANY HAS MUCH BETTER KEEPERS THAN HIM!!! FUCK HIM AND HIS FAMILY, TOO!!
RUSSIA/SPAIN ARE GOING TO SHIT THEIR PANTS IN THE FINAL, THEY CAN'T PLAY ON THIS STAGE YELL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »
YO HOW BOUT MY BAYERN MUNICH NIGGAS AGAIN??
FIRST GOAL: ASSIST PODOLSKI - GOAL SCHWEINSTEIGER
SECOND GOAL: ASSIST LAHM - GOAL KLOSE
THIRD GOAL: LAHM
THEM NIGGAS WAS KILLING IT AGAIN!!! WORD??!
YEAH BUT OVERALL I ADMIT GERMANY DIDN'T PLAY SO GOOD!! BUT LET'S NOT FORGET THAT LEHMANN IS THE WORST KEEPER OF THE TOURNAMENT!!! GERMANY HAS MUCH BETTER KEEPERS THAN HIM!!! FUCK HIM AND HIS FAMILY, TOO!!
RUSSIA/SPAIN ARE GOING TO SHIT THEIR PANTS IN THE FINAL, THEY CAN'T PLAY ON THIS STAGE YELL

LOL;D
U think Bastian will stay at Bayern?

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 01:44:26 AM »

LOL;D

who should buy that cripple?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »

LOL;D

I'd welcome him to Emirates

kemizt

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 03:25:55 AM »

LOL;D

LOL Bayern would have to throw in their physio as part of the deal, dont think Arsenal's could cope with him AND Van Persie....

The Maestro

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 04:08:49 AM »

well, I guess the fan thingy is the same like you and Jay-Z ;D I'm not a diehard NM fan because 1.we play crappy most of the time. I guess it comes from my father, he is always extremely critical about the german team. Second thing is that I don't feel the NM the way I feel for my club Borussia Dortmund. it isn't the same. And I'm also pissed about all these bandwagon fans who don't give a fuck about football but act like they're the biggest fans and football experts, all they wanna do is partying and that's the only reason they come out of their holes. Shit dramatically increased here since '06.

to Ballack:  ballack can play like a leader, for example he's very aggressive, he can fight, but he has not the personality of a leader. He tries hard to appear as a leader, since all people expect it from him (that shit started already when he played his first season for Bayern), but it's not his personality and therefore he isn't very authentic and convincing. In the World Cup 2002 he seemed to be a good leader, but we had Kahn there too who was the real leader. We had some great leaders in the past, like Effenberg, Sammer or matthäus, Kahn etc. and I don't think he's on their level in terms of "leadership". A leader is usually more of an asshole, maybe Ballack is an asshole too, but not that type of asshole. ;D I'll never forget how Effenberg pushed Bayern in all those CL games whenever they we're losing, he always brought them back with his rage and shit. And I don't see that Ballack has the same effect on his teammates. We'll see if he can prove me wrong on Sunday 8)

I see your point, I wouldn't claim he's a Kahn or Effenberg, but you wouldn't say that anyone in the German team is more of a leader than him? The way you've put it now, I don't disagree all that much.

And lol @ the Jay-Z comparison :D Your first post was "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNAAAAAALLLEEEEEE!!!", that's not the way I talk about Jigga :) I completely agree with you though, lotta so-called "fans" wouldn't be able to tell you who won the Champions League this year, barely even know the simple rules to this game, but then paint the national colors on their face and get all excited about whatever their team does. Angela Merkel would be an example, except they don't allow her to paint herself schwarzgoldrot in the VIP sector. And the whole Sommermärchen crap two years ago probably spawned a whole new generation of those people in Germany, yeah. I don't wanna imagine the scenario if my niggas Grosso and Del Piero hadn't put an end to that eventually, hehe.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 04:38:14 AM »

LOL;D

LOL Bayern would have to throw in their physio as part of the deal, dont think Arsenal's could cope with him AND Van Persie....

Yean, I guess  :-\
Plus we got Rosicky and who knows what Eduorda will be like when he returns.

kemizt