Author Topic: Pacers and Blazers trade!!  (Read 542 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pacers and Blazers trade!!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »
Rush>>>>>Bayless

Bayless plays NO defense while Rush can do all the same things offensively that Bayless can do plus he is a way better defender and much more athletic,  and Jarret Jack is easily just as good as Diogu.

Obviously you have never seen Bayless play.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
I dunno, I like this trade for both teams...B. Rush is gunna be a very nice player in this league. Jack is a decent back-up. Now, if only Kareem Rush re-signs with Indiana, you guys can have the Rush brothers shooting lights out for your team. Blazers also got what they wanted in Bayless, but I thought they initially lucked out when they picked B. Rush, cuz he was projected as a top 10 pick by some. Bayless is unproven and until I see that he can do some damage in this league, I wont say he's better than B. Rush...Diogu is also decent, but I doubt he'll even be getting any minutes in Portland.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »
Rush>>>>>Bayless

Bayless plays NO defense while Rush can do all the same things offensively that Bayless can do plus he is a way better defender and much more athletic,  and Jarret Jack is easily just as good as Diogu.

LOL. I know you're a Pacer fan and all, but can we wait a little bit before the homerism clouds your vision? I've been watching Jack for 3 years and he has looked amazing at times and at other times he has been the most frustrating player on the court. He is a good shooter, takes it to the rim strong and is an excellent FT shooter. He also is a chucker, a 2 in a 1's body, slightly sub par defender especially for his size at pg, has NO idea how to run a fast break and can be prone to boneheaded turnovers. His value is going to depend on which Jack shows up. You're probably right about Jack and Diogu being a wash, but at least diogu gives us something we need on the bench.
   And I don't know how you can deny Bayless' talent. He's the 4th best player in the draft imo and is the 2nd best pg prospect. he was projected to be taken in the 3-5 range pretty much all year. I think he only dropped because he is a scoring pg (not to be confused with a sg in a pg's body, he actually has pg skills) and most teams want a more traditional pg. But the same thing that made him drop is the same thing that makes him a perfect fit next to Roy. I still can't believe we got him. I never even considered Bayless because it never crossed my mind that getting him would be a possibility.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
^LOL@talking about homerism and following it up by calling him the 2nd best PG in the draft...Westbrook>Augustin>Bayless

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
^LOL@talking about homerism and following it up by calling him the 2nd best PG in the draft...Westbrook>Augustin>Bayless

I considered him the 2nd best pg prospect long before I had any inclination that we would have a shot at him. If you think Westbrook and Augustin are better, thats fine, but this wasn't a homer call on my part.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »
Diogu gone is good, he didn't fit well in Jim O'Briens team tactics, he was a decent support for Jermaine O'niel...who is now gone.

We'll be trading Marquies Daniels, Tinsley, and a few for a decent player also. Jaret Jack and TJ Ford will be great at the point gaurd position.

Dunleavy and Rush will be great for the shooting gaurd while they have support from Danny Granger at the small foward position, and I think Hibberton will establish himself very easily into the NBA..

I love Bayless, but I love Rush's athletic abilities, size, and his great defense. Bayless shoots somewhat better than Rush....but Rush is an overall package, he may not have stood out as much because he was surrounded by more talent that Bayless (not saying Arizona had chumps or anything)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
^I dunno about Bayless being a better shooter than B Rush...I think that B Rush will excel most if he can play with his brother, Kareem. Any word on whether Indiana is planning on re-signing him?

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
^I dunno about Bayless being a better shooter than B Rush...I think that B Rush will excel most if he can play with his brother, Kareem. Any word on whether Indiana is planning on re-signing him?

recent article I read mentioned this...

they Said something along the lines of "should this trade be for certain, it would unite Brandon with his older brother Kareem, who is a free agent and will probably not be resigning with Indiana"

and Larry Bird said something like

"Kareem is hell of a player, but Brandon is better" so i dunno if we have intentions of keeping him. doesn't sound like Bird could care less.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »
That would suck...I think the Rush brothers could definitely elevate each others game. Kareem Rush was easily the most productive 2guard for Indiana last season (when given PT).

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
^^Umm did you just say Rush was easily the most productive SG on the Pacers last year!?!?!  You do know that Dunleavy who scored 19ppg last year was our Shooting guard right? Yeah he is a G/F but Granger started all year as the SF so Dunleavy was our 2-guard meaning it makes no sense to say Rush was more productive,  Dunleavy stepped up his game in a major way last year, no one including myself thought he was capable of scoring 20 a game.  I would definitely like to keep Kareem Rush believe me, but it is not going to happen.

DIP DIP SET SET

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »
Brandon Rush was rated the 10th best rookie going into next season (Bayless#12)  and Roy Hibbert was ranked #15,  our future is looking good 8)

DIP DIP SET SET

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:26 AM »
Brandon Rush was rated the 10th best rookie going into next season (Bayless#12)  and Roy Hibbert was ranked #15,  our future is looking good 8)

according to? Bayless was viewed as the best player not named Rose, Beasley or Mayo by several mocks, NBA analysts and most importantly, Kevin Pritchard. In fact he was projected to go higher than Mayo at some points in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 02:42:24 AM »
^^Umm did you just say Rush was easily the most productive SG on the Pacers last year!?!?!  You do know that Dunleavy who scored 19ppg last year was our Shooting guard right? Yeah he is a G/F but Granger started all year as the SF so Dunleavy was our 2-guard meaning it makes no sense to say Rush was more productive,  Dunleavy stepped up his game in a major way last year, no one including myself thought he was capable of scoring 20 a game.  I would definitely like to keep Kareem Rush believe me, but it is not going to happen.

Are you on crack? Dunleavy started at small forward, with Granger at either the 2 or 4...Being a Pacer fan, I hope you were just playing. LOL
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:46:34 AM by Now_I_Know »

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 05:10:25 AM »
^^WTF are you talking about! LMAO,  never did Granger start at the 2 and Dunleavy at the 3!  And Granger never started at the 4 last year.  You have to be joking man, Dunleavy started at SG all year and Granger at the 3 all year,  give me a break man.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 05:13:12 AM by DIPSET FOREVER »

DIP DIP SET SET

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »
^^WTF are you talking about! LMAO,  never did Granger start at the 2 and Dunleavy at the 3!  And Granger never started at the 4 last year.  You have to be joking man, Dunleavy started at SG all year and Granger at the 3 all year,  give me a break man.

Honestly it does sound like Granger would be the 2gaurd and Dunleavy 3.....but Granger and Dunleavy were in the opposites. Dipsets correct. Granger is a natural small foward, not a gaurd. Dunleavy I dunno what he naturally is but I never saw him averaging 20 points a game, I was happy for him. He played great at the 2 gaurd. Brandon Rush will be a great Compliment for him.....Foster was usually 4. Harrison/JO (when not hurt) was usually 5. What was murphy? I honestly never paid attention to him.....lol