Author Topic: 5 tite N.Y. duos - How would you rate them?  (Read 680 times)

teecee

Re: 5 tite N.Y. duos - How would you rate them?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2002, 08:06:04 AM »
Jome, now i know why my ratings are "strange"- i didn't give props to MOP or CNN, yet i did to Gangstarr.  Everyone has an opinion man, its all good, but it seems to be your ratings that are "strange".  Noreage "rarely drops an average verse"!????????????????????   Crazy shit right there, "Whut Whut"!  Since his first album he has a COUPLE of nice verses at the most.........and you know Meth and Red ain't really half brothas, right?

I guess as much as i feel Gangstarr (Premo DOES NOT drop his ordinary, run of the mill shit on their cd's, have you heard them?), you feel MOP and the others.  THose are ALOT of high ratings though Jome, as most of those groups are inconsistent, or have fallen off, have limited subject matter, or have limited material, or  have only one full album.
Its all good, just my opinion....peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2002, 08:33:55 AM »
Jome, now i know why my ratings are "strange"- i didn't give props to MOP or CNN, yet i did to Gangstarr.  Everyone has an opinion man, its all good, but it seems to be your ratings that are "strange".  Noreage "rarely drops an average verse"!????????????????????   Crazy shit right there, "Whut Whut"!  Since his first album he has a COUPLE of nice verses at the most.........and you know Meth and Red ain't really half brothas, right?

I guess as much as i feel Gangstarr (Premo DOES NOT drop his ordinary, run of the mill shit on their cd's, have you heard them?), you feel MOP and the others.  THose are ALOT of high ratings though Jome, as most of those groups are inconsistent, or have fallen off, have limited subject matter, or have limited material, or  have only one full album.
Its all good, just my opinion....peace

Nore a couple of nice verses? You gotta hear some more then..
Meth and Red ARE half-brothers.
It's not just a gimmick, why would they pretend?
They got the same mother.
You say a lot of these groups have fallen off, but I partly disagree. But it's all good, with different strokes and all that.

teecee

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2002, 09:02:23 AM »
It doesn't really matter, but seriously, Meth and Red ARE NOT half-brothas, they just say that shit jokingly cuz they have a lot in common and as soon as they met each other they were like best friends.... when they say they are "brothers from another mother" than means they are like brothers, just not actually related....

I like Mobb Deep, but you really think they making anything close to their first, second or third albums?

CNN has fallen off alot since their debut....do you disagree that their new shit is hotter than their debut, or NORE's debut?

MOP has not fallen off, this is true, as they never vary far from their original hardcore styles....

Meth and Red need another album that is classic, as they don't have even one, although they have a few near-classic songs... so they haven't really fallen off, they just haven't done a lot lately besides making bad movies.

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2002, 05:55:53 PM »
Meth and Red!!!!!!!