Author Topic: Doggystyle vs. Illmatic  (Read 742 times)

Don Seer

Re: Doggystyle vs. Illmatic
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2002, 01:12:58 AM »
lyrically its illmatic, beatwise its doggystyle... doggystyle strikes me as the better put together album of the two... and although both are really flawless i'd say doggystyle.

thats the thing.... without dre  and all the guest spots that shit wouldnta had the impact it did.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2002, 01:25:10 AM »

thats the thing.... without dre  and all the guest spots that shit wouldnta had the impact it did.

I see that, the thing with "Illmatic" is that it held it's own ground, it was Nas who was the main factor, like he said "My First Album Had No Famous Guest Appearences. The Outcome - I'm Crowned The Best Lyracist". Snoop had Dre, an already established artists who had just made one of, if not, the greatest hip-hop album ever, "The Chronic", plus he was also once a member of one of the best groups in hip-hop history, N.W.A. But Snoop is "Doggystyle", however you look at it, you can't take that away from him, because without Snoop there would be no "Doggystyle", shit, the same goes for "The Chronic". It's hard to look at it that way though because without any of them that whole era would not of happened and that would of been a major loss.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

bez

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2002, 02:29:16 AM »
doggystyle

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2002, 01:44:28 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025222162;start=20#29 date=06/30/02 at 06:10:07]

Man, stop exagerating. First off Snoop is not a better rapper/MC than Nas is now, and he was not a 'million times' better than Nas was back then. I love Snoop, and if you read my reply in your thread over in the westcoast forum you'll see that I think if they started off their careers at the same time I think Snoop would of seemed better back then, but not that much better, he just stood out more because he was like nothing you've ever heard before. But Nas & Snoop aren't easily comparable though. You act like Nas is nothing, he is one of the best MC's ever, lyrically and flow wise, Snoop is not what he used to be, the sooner you realise that the sooner you will stop sounding like such a dickrider. Be a fan, show your support, but don't act like Snoop is still Snoop DOGGY Dogg.

first off homie snoop WAS better then nas back in the day no doubt bout that. Also can u please give me an example of when i said that snoop was STILL a million times better then nas. i know snoop isn't what he used to be thas exactly why i made the thread snoop DOGGY dogg vs nas which implied the snoop from 93-96 vs nas aight so stop acting like i keep postin bullshit. and why u gettin on my case homie? just cause i said snoop was a million times better? how the bout the nigga that was sayin nas was a million times better? ur not gonna give him a lecture or what? see thas what i mean when i say if a snoop fan voices his opinion sayin they think snoop was better then some other mc and all the snoop fans just get shitted on but when people reply sayin nas sshits all over snoop people just respect it and don't say shit. FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2002, 03:51:28 AM »

first off homie snoop WAS better then nas back in the day no doubt bout that. Also can u please give me an example of when i said that snoop was STILL a million times better then nas. i know snoop isn't what he used to be thas exactly why i made the thread snoop DOGGY dogg vs nas which implied the snoop from 93-96 vs nas aight so stop acting like i keep postin bullshit. and why u gettin on my case homie? just cause i said snoop was a million times better? how the bout the nigga that was sayin nas was a million times better? ur not gonna give him a lecture or what? see thas what i mean when i say if a snoop fan voices his opinion sayin they think snoop was better then some other mc and all the snoop fans just get shitted on but when people reply sayin nas sshits all over snoop people just respect it and don't say shit. FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

I quote: "Snoop was a million times better then nas is/was/or ever will be simple as that". Snoop was superior back then, but Nas is not far off from Snoop DOGGY Dogg's level imo, but like I said they're not easily comparable, the only thing they really have in common is that they both dropped pure classic debuts. Their styles/flow/lyrics/content are not comparable, so really speaking this thread is pretty pointless. I've got no beef with you personally but stop talking like everything you say is matter of fact because at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2002, 05:20:31 AM »
imo, it's loughable to even PUT both in tha same category as rappers when it comes to these two albums, tha 2 reasons snoop was considered such a sucsess story was cause of his unic SOUND(his vocal rap style) and DREz production. As a Rapper dude is not far from just tha next background vocalist, it's just that at that time he was new and somewhat original...u see, I'm tha first person to say NAS fell off majorlly since Illmatic (u can aks all my Peepz-"The die-hard NAS fans" on this board and they'll tell ya...lol ;D) but on Illmatic, NAS came close to topin rappers that were much much(much...lol) better than snoop....

p.s lol...of course people on this board would say Snoop is better, you know- "west coast connection"...lollol ;D
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2002, 11:35:18 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025222162;start=20#34 date=07/01/02 at 08:51:28]

I quote: "Snoop was a million times better then nas is/was/or ever will be simple as that". Snoop was superior back then, but Nas is not far off from Snoop DOGGY Dogg's level imo, but like I said they're not easily comparable, the only thing they really have in common is that they both dropped pure classic debuts. Their styles/flow/lyrics/content are not comparable, so really speaking this thread is pretty pointless. I've got no beef with you personally but stop talking like everything you say is matter of fact because at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion.

yeah homie i ain't got beef wit u neither man. Aight i can understand it's all opinion no doubt so i'll say one thing and lets leave it at that if it's all opinion.

SNOOP DOGG IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME IMO

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2002, 10:59:20 PM »
Best Flow - Doggystyle
Best Beats - Doggystyle
Best Carisma - Doggystyle
Best Appereance - Doggystyle

Best Methaphors - Illmatic
Best Punches - Doggystyle