Author Topic: Fuck the new California cell phone law  (Read 546 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Fuck the new California cell phone law
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 11:23:11 PM »
^^I ain't talkin about that gay ass shit you attach to your ear.  My car came equipped w/ it.  I dial the number on my phone.  Theres a built in mic in the whip and the person i'm talking to comes over the speakers in the car. 

VERRRRRRY NIIIIIIICE /borat voice
I definitely gotta get one of those then. That's 1996 S-Class G shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

PROBLEM SOLVED

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NG2ci9CyiwI&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NG2ci9CyiwI&amp;autoplay=0</a>

lmao!  Thats hella funny!

They just advertising it a lot to scare people.  Its not gonna be effective.  First off, how can you even prove that someone was talking on the phone.  The cop says, well I saw them holding the phone.  Well, what if you were just checking your voice mail, and actually weren't talking to anyone?  What if  your defense in court is that you were just holding your cell phone up.  What exactly is illegal?  The talking or the holding of the phone?  Since when is it the law that you have to drive with both hands on the wheel?  Its a dumb law, but I do agree, there are a lot of dumb people out there who cannot drive in the first place, much less drive while doing something else such as talking on the phone.  And I'm sure a lot of these people will be dumb enough to be worried about getting a ticket.

D-Stress

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »
haha its actually still allowed to text, but just not talk.  How stupid is that?  I have done texting while driving and it is definitely more distracting than talking.
lol..yeah.fuck stupid laws.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 01:55:54 AM »
actually, if you text, they could still pull you over.  the cops can pull you over anytime, if youre doing something "dangerous" while driving.  its not part of the new law, but its just common sense that texting is worse than holding your phone to your ear. 

anyway, i dont think its the fact that people only have one hand on the wheel while talking on the cell, but that they get wrapped up in the conversation, and loose focus on the road.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 03:52:40 AM »
It's all bullshit, just another excuse to pull you over, harass you, fine you.

of course, it's the perfect plan

they get money and the possibility of an arrest everytime

they're just waiting to catch a black boy with a kilo in the trunk, all because he was on a phone

muahhahahaha

I'll tell you one thing, the cops WILL NOT catch me ridin dirty with that good green, I promise you that

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:23 AM »
Its a dumb law, but I do agree, there are a lot of dumb people out there who cannot drive in the first place, much less drive while doing something else such as talking on the phone.  And I'm sure a lot of these people will be dumb enough to be worried about getting a ticket.
Unfortunately, that's true. I think accidents have decreased in most places where such laws were introduced, so once more, good drivers are getting involved in solving the problem of bad drivers doing dumb shit. It's a bitch, but that's the way things go, and it is kind of understandable from a certain point of view.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
My windows are tinted so I'm not even worried. Fuck a Bluetooth. Every ignorant motherfucker that thinks their the shit has a Bluetooth on actin like their stuntin when they got that shit from the Swap Meet for 5 dollars. It ain't even a Bluetooth, it's probably a Bluetoof or somethin ghetto like that.

LOL...you're gunna get pulled over for your tint.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »
Its a dumb law, but I do agree, there are a lot of dumb people out there who cannot drive in the first place, much less drive while doing something else such as talking on the phone.  And I'm sure a lot of these people will be dumb enough to be worried about getting a ticket.
Unfortunately, that's true. I think accidents have decreased in most places where such laws were introduced, so once more, good drivers are getting involved in solving the problem of bad drivers doing dumb shit. It's a bitch, but that's the way things go, and it is kind of understandable from a certain point of view.

Exactly.
It actually amazes me somewhat that this law wasn't in effect up until now in California. What about the rest of the States? Over here in Belgium, this law has been in effect for about 3 years now. And I'm all for it.

As Acgrundy already pointed out: loads of people can't drive for shit. Add a conversation on the phone to that, and you get a dangerous situation...plain & simple.
I have to say, since the law's been in effect over here, most people have stopped talking on the phone while driving. But you still have those fucking retards who think they're on top of the world and STILL talk while driving, almost causing accidents. Most of the time drivers of SUV's...a cliché, but it's true. They've got money to buy a fucking Porsche Cayenne, but they don't see the point in getting a Bluetooth system installed. How stupid is that?
Just yesterday a Volkswagen SUV almost crashed into me 'cause he didn't see saw me coming...guess what, dude was having his cell-phone in one hand and was almost not fast enough to turn his steering wheel the other way with his other hand. Fucker. I gently showed him the "phone sign" with my two fingers and put up a "thumbs up" sign afterwards. I was in a good mood. Now let's just hope the idiot with 2 braincells understands sarcasm...

I swear...shit like that pisses me off. Mostly I just honk my horn and put up my middlefinger. I'm a very calm person, but coming across people who can't drive...I simply can't put up with that.

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »
that law has been up here for a minute but it's not really enforced

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »
hit me up for a good deal on blue tooth ;-)

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
My windows are tinted so I'm not even worried. Fuck a Bluetooth. Every ignorant motherfucker that thinks their the shit has a Bluetooth on actin like their stuntin when they got that shit from the Swap Meet for 5 dollars. It ain't even a Bluetooth, it's probably a Bluetoof or somethin ghetto like that.

LOL...you're gunna get pulled over for your tint.
Yeah, that actually happened Saturday, but they still lied. They claimed my "tail light was out", but it wasn't. Weird ass cops sometimes.

People that can't drive while talking on the phone shouldn't be driving period. You drive with a million distractions going on around you. If you can't handle it, take the bus.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:20:58 PM by His Majesty King Sikotic II »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
its been like that here in Quebec too for some time, its recent too though...

i agree that this law sucks and is really fucked up on the texting/talking part, not sure about details like that on our rule

but anyway just watch for cops when youre talkin and youll be alright
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 05:51:29 PM »
here in kansas, under 18 you cant be on the phone

when it rains it pours

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
i drive better while im talking on the phone, but i aint gona risk that shit. i got a class A license, that 1 ticket would fuck me for years.

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
cell phone ticket doesn't put a point on your record and doesn't affect your insurance